the tobacco flavor people's thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I vape just about all types of eliquid, but tobacco flavors make up the majority. Mostly NET, but also synthetic/lab made tobacco flavors.

RY4s are great, my favorites being Halo's Tribeca, Janty's Classic RY4, and GoodeJuice's GJ4. My favorite NET vendors are Ahlusion, GoodeJuice, MountainOakVapers, HeathersHeavenlyVapes, Want2Vape, and a few others. I enjoy Halo's lab made baccos, Smooth & Mild from ThePlumeRoom is one of my favorite synthetics, and a couple synthetics from BackWoodsBrew I really enjoyed. I also like a few that are sold as tobacco but have little to no tobacco taste (TINO, Tobacco In Name Only) such as Boba's Bounty, Gold, Bounty Hunter, and Dorky Stud.

I have many artificial tobaccos (arti-bacco) planned to order including: Epipemod's pipe sauce, MountainOakVapors synthetic line, Indigo, Evo, and GoodeJuice's lab line.

Tonight been vaping Apache from MountainOakVapors in my epipe. An intense English Pipe blend extracted tobacco with Virginia, Oriental, and Latakia leaves. Not for the faint of heart!

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
I love, love, love NETs. Tobacco e-liquids from Ahlusion, Goodejuice, and Want2Vape are some of my favorites. HHV makes some delicious "dessert" NETs.

That said, I'm a fan of several synthetic tobaccos too. Like Jerms, I'm an RY4 fan. Janty's DK RY4 -- the original, depending on which story you believe -- is one of my favorite synthetics. I have some Indigo synthetics that are steeping, but what I've dripped so far has been very enjoyable. I'm still looking for a "classic" RY4 that I like as much as Janty DK, but has a more reasonable price.

Edit: One thing that bugs me about the new vape shapes in Los Angeles is that only one of them has decent tobacco e-liquids. One store carries Mountain Oak Vapors NETs. The other two new stores have poor tobacco e-liquid selections.

Syav

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2012
Minnesota
I just received in a 30ml of Halo's Freedom Juice. I had picked up sample of Prime 15 and Freedom Juice the last time I ordered. Prime 15 is too nutty for me without sweetness (others disagree, and that's fine). Whereas Freedom Juice surprised me -- it was bold, flavorful, slightly sweet and spicy. It was very invigorating, much like Halo's Turkish Tobacco (slight perfumey, but with a nice cardamom/ginger kick) is relaxing to me.Torque 56 sometimes hits me with a little apple sweetness, or a little bitter celery... depends on the day and my shifting palette. But it's a nice unassuming analog fix.
Does Torque 56 have that musky/perfumey aroma to it?

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
How would you compare Freedom?
I kinda like Tribeca, and that's on my "one of these days" list.
I don't like nutty! And I don't like TOO HEAVY a tobacco flavor - hard to explain, but some are just a bit much.

Heather's Army is in a tank right now - and it's a "maybe" for me...
I have a bunch I'm trying - mostly "Turkish" by description - I'll do another post with a few and my notes :)

I just received in a 30ml of Halo's Freedom Juice. I had picked up sample of Prime 15 and Freedom Juice the last time I ordered. Prime 15 is too nutty for me without sweetness (others disagree, and that's fine). Whereas Freedom Juice surprised me -- it was bold, flavorful, slightly sweet and spicy. It was very invigorating, much like Halo's Turkish Tobacco (slight perfumey, but with a nice cardamom/ginger kick) is relaxing to me.

Torque 56 sometimes hits me with a little apple sweetness, or a little bitter celery... depends on the day and my shifting palette. But it's a nice unassuming analog fix.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Well, on the site, Halo describes Torque 56 as "like unfiltered cigarettes." I don't get that out of Torque, but Freedom Juice -- yes. Freedom Juice reminded me more of Camels than Turkish Tobacco did :) It's jazzy.

HHV's Heavenly Army is my ADV. Creamy tobacco, hints of graham and cocoa, the vapor feels like whipped cream and has just the right amount of sweetness... yummy. I'm not one for dessert flavors, but Heavenly Army is like the perfect balance. This one was good after just a few days, and I've gone through 80ml in less than 2 months.

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
what about DK Tab? anyone have an opinion about who makes a good one? i like Mr. Vape's version, because it doesn't taste "oily" or bland. i get a nice syn tobacco richness, and a sweet little bite. that's kind of where i've been the past few months as far as all day vape goes, maybe alternating with an ry4 or a 555. i have to say that i really don't like NET juices too much, with very few exceptions. i love hhv's heavenly tobacco and legend/gandalf, but i can't vape it all day.

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
I really thought I'd be a bakery/fruit lover but I haven't particularly liked any I've tried. So I branched out a bit. As it turns out, my absolute favorite (so far) is 'Sweet 'bacco' from Vapelicious. But I tried another tobacco flavor (RY4 from MtBaker) that I really didn't like. So I decided to try more sweet tobaccos.

I'm also interested in DIYing so I got some 'Perique' flavoring from FlavourArts. Wow!! Incredibly strong (recommended amount to use: 1%) with a strong, totally unique flavor that I really like. But it's a bit 'much' for an ADV.

So I've been adding some of the perique juice (that I mixed at the recommended 1%, NOT the straight perique flavoring) into the various bakery juices. Success!! It seems to be the mystery ingredient that makes the bakery flavors taste good to me. (Actually they come out tasting like a sweet tobacco which seems to be what I like.)

I have no idea how 'authentic' the perique flavoring from FlavourArts is but I know I like it. And it lasts forever. My 10 mL bottle of flavoring will make 1,000 mL of straight perique juice and, since I mainly use the perique juice to flavor bakery juices, I'll probably be using this same bottle for 5 years.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I guess that I spoiled myself with my first juice orders, all of them tobacco flavors. But I started with Halo, Goodejuice and Heather's Heavenly Vapes. I had to limit myself to a small circle due to finances, and did some research after my initial Halo order (I also bought their Triton Tank set as my first starter kit after the store e-cigs-alike).

I still really would like to try The Plume Room and Mountain Oak Vapor, once I get back up on my feet.

Today, I woke up to Huntsman from HHV (earthy, peaty, colorful with a touch of honey or maple sweetness -- an real authentic tobacco), then switched out to Organic #1 from Goodejuice, ran some errands and threw on HHV's Heavenly Army for the rest of the afternoon.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Mountain Vapor... any tobacco there.. Sweet Leaf very popular and a misnomer... not sweet. Dekang at Litecigusa is not repackaged... have about a dozen tobaccos and only two are not for me... good juices, just not my taste but, hey, 10 out of 12 isn't bad. Those are my eroll tank picks but for cartos, Mr E liquids Grey Matter, Red Rider (easy does it on this one.. peppers) and Rough Neck.

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
i just rekindled my love for mr e liquid's ry4 today. i found a tank that's been sitting for a few weeks, and i screwed it on to my pro vari, and i haven't been able to put it down. definitely one of the ry4's i've ever tasted. sweet, dark, smoky, caramel undertones without being too "buttery" (i hate that). between this one and the ikenvape ry4 gold, it's damn near perfection for me. i don't always vape ry4, but when i do, i prefer these two. lol

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
I finally ordered a bottle of Nite Lite Vapor Renegade after vaping most of their other juices for a couple years. Hey, I like this! It's tobacco, spice and a little vanilla, and it's slightly sweet. The spice is a blend of (I'm guessing here) clove, nutmeg and maybe cinnamon.

If I had to compare it to another juice, I'd say it's a bit like HHV Pirate's Booty. Will definitely order this one again.

Syav

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2012
Minnesota
To the juice or the exhaled vapor?

The juice smells a bit pungent, while the exhaled vapor actually has the aroma of cigarette smoke. That's what surprised me, leaving the room and returning and it smelling like I had been smoking :)
Maybe I'll give Torque 56 a try. Freedom is a good juice, but I don't like the musky aroma that I get from it. Tribeca is awesome.

Syav

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2012
Minnesota
what about DK Tab? anyone have an opinion about who makes a good one? i like Mr. Vape's version, because it doesn't taste "oily" or bland. i get a nice syn tobacco richness, and a sweet little bite. that's kind of where i've been the past few months as far as all day vape goes, maybe alternating with an ry4 or a 555. i have to say that i really don't like NET juices too much, with very few exceptions. i love hhv's heavenly tobacco and legend/gandalf, but i can't vape it all day.
I've only tried Dekang DK Tab. It has a rich flavor, not dry like some other tobacco flavors, and a hint of sweetness. Something I'd vape late at night, but not an all day vape like RY4.

Marius_Kingsley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
Hillsboro, OR
I've been trying out some of the different tobacco flavors from NW Vapors. The NW Tobacco flavor is pretty good, if a little generic. I'm looking to try something a little more akin to a traditional cigarette, as well as some heavier, pipe tobacco flavors. I like tobacco flavors after meals, in the morning, and when I'm stressed. I prefer the fruitier flavors more for a regular, all-day vape.

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
i do love that ry4 they make. the grey matter isn't bad either, and their 616 (the version of 555 they make) is really good after it steeps for a while. there's still a weird "bubble gummy" taste i get from a lot of 555 types in the early stages, but after it steeps for a few weeks, it's gooooood.

seriously, though-i have not stopped vaping the mr e ry4 all day. i turned a few friends on to it, and my generosity bit me in the ..... i had to order a new bottle today.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
aroma's tobaccos are all great- Turkish, dk-tab, beatle juice, and dark honey tobacco. but the best tobacco I've found is mobsters American tobacco(they also sell the concentrated flavor) . it is so good, on every exhale, I am already for the next drag. it makes me chain -vape more than I ever chain smoked!!

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
I finally ordered a bottle of Nite Lite Vapor Renegade after vaping most of their other juices for a couple years. Hey, I like this! It's tobacco, spice and a little vanilla, and it's slightly sweet. The spice is a blend of (I'm guessing here) clove, nutmeg and maybe cinnamon.

If I had to compare it to another juice, I'd say it's a bit like HHV Pirate's Booty. Will definitely order this one again.

i just got some hhv pirate's booty and tried it for the first time. i ordered it when i refilled my wife's favorite, which is their legend (formally gandalph). it's really good stuff. i usually don't go for the naturally extracted tobacco stuff, but hhv does it up really well. i haven't had a tobacco flavor from her that i don't kinda like. i can't vape it all day, but she's definitely got "the touch" when it comes to mixing.

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
i've never tried mobsters. i'll have to check it out. i did get some aroma after a friend mentioned them to me, and i think it may be better after it steeps. the 555 was highly recommended to me, and it's good-but there's this "bubble gum" flavor that kind of bugs me. hopefully, it will mellow after a few weeks of steeping. i will definitely try their turkish and dk tab. what's beetlejuice like?

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I took HHV's Dark Horse for another spin around the track today, after over a month chilling in the stables. When I first tried it, it was very grassy tobacco with a hint of maybe some sweetness tucked away. Dark Horse is unlike another other of Heather Heavenly Vapes NETs, in the lack of sweetness. I compared it to GoodeJuice's Wrangler Light, with the grassy notes and slight sweetness.

After a month, Dark Horse balanced out, and the thoroughbred shone through. It is as before, grassy tobacco with just enough sweetness that basically makes it a joy to vape. Dark Horse is an analog-like vape, one note tobacco like a mild cigarette. That hint of sweetness keeps the grassy tobacco notes from being bitter or harsh, leaving a satisfying cigarette-like flavor.

No contemplation needed. Just vape it, be satisfied like you were smoking just to smoke, because that's what you did. Unlike their other NETs, there's no symphony of flavors toying with your memories, tickling your tastebuds or teasing you with richness and dessert/fruit notes -- it's just plain, dry tobacco. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread