the tobacco flavor people's thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
As much as I like Halo I have not been able to handle any of their tobacco line. The closest I got was Tribeca - first day was great - second day was unvapeable. Turkish tobacco was a total non-starter - tasted like perfume. I gave a all-but-full 30ml to my cube mate and he loves it. So it's me, not Halo.

My go-to tobacco flavor at the moment is Hurricane Vapor Sunset Cavendish. It can be a tad sweet but at the right (and often elusive) voltage it adds a damn-near perfect cigar flavor note. Their Belgian Simmered Tobacco, however, was "the Tribeca experience" revisited. Again, it's me not them. Their Galleta Dulce and Peaches&Irish Cream are wonderful.

Coming down the pike is Ahlusion's Blue Grass Burley, Smokin' Cherries, and Vurley. Yeah, I'm going the NET route. Being new to vaping I'm still jonesing for the "real" tobacco vape - "real" for my tastebuds, anyway.

Love the Tribeca but it losses Flav for me from time to time but comes back a few days later
There prime 15 is a smooth vape and Tiki juice once and while scratches that itch

Now getting pretty good vape with the tobacco absolute with mom and pop
So far tobacco haze and ry4 but didn't really shine until 3-4 weeks steep

with try HHV tomorrow but sounds promising

but yes its hard to find a good tobacco that satisfies and taste good

you cant find one that taste just like a cigg but I have gravitated to the sweeter ones
and now I no longer want one that taste just like a cigg

Zipslack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2013
Wesson, MS, USA
I just don't know that I want tobacco flavor, but a Finiti disposable I tried early on was nice - maybe more of a coffee flavor? I'm too cheap to experiment with boutique juices, but I did get a little bit of DK Camel and Hangsen RY4 with an order from FastTech. After hot water steeping with the tops off, I think they may be okay in a few days - there's promise of possible goodness but not fulfilled. If they don't impress me after a couple of weeks, I'll try mixing with my other stuff.

Voltron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2011
San Juan, PR
For the record, I believe Heather's Heavenly Vapes makes the best tobacco juices by far, both in flavor and performance. If you want a flavor to be stronger, you can always request more extract on the notes at no extra charge, which is pretty amazing. I do this with their Dragon's Fire , Heavenly Army, and Serendipity. Most NETs from other vendors either taste like crap or ruin your equipment. That's clearly not the case with HHV.

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
yeah, me and the mrs. love heather's. they're a great vendor, and they make fantastic juice. i'm not too crazy about most net's either. i spend most of my time alternating between mr vape's dk tab and bwb's casablanca. i would like to find a few more juices to fall in love with, though. i've been playing around with the diy thing, but haven't had the time to get too seriously into it. i've tried to make dk tab and 555, but i keep getting this "bubble gum" aftertaste. weird, right? if you like ry4, try mr e liquid's version. it's tasty.

Iowa Gal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Central Iowa
My favorites are Heather's Heavenly Vapes Sludge, Huntsman, Dragons Fire and Ahlusion Smooth Criminal. Now for the having a few beers and need a vape the HHV Huntsman helps me. I'm not a you've got to be in my face flavor type of gal...I like good vapor, smooth flavor.

Edit to agree Vermillon River Applewood/Cherrywood/Maplewood are all awesome as well.

Last edited:

Voltron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2011
San Juan, PR
yeah, me and the mrs. love heather's. they're a great vendor, and they make fantastic juice. i'm not too crazy about most net's either. i spend most of my time alternating between mr vape's dk tab and bwb's casablanca. i would like to find a few more juices to fall in love with, though. i've been playing around with the diy thing, but haven't had the time to get too seriously into it. i've tried to make dk tab and 555, but i keep getting this "bubble gum" aftertaste. weird, right? if you like ry4, try mr e liquid's version. it's tasty.

I notice a lot of the juices mentioned here used to be my favorites. My original favs were DK-TAB, NLV's Bounty Hunter,and VR's Kentucky Premium Blend. After that I tried HHV's tobaccos and they jumped to the top of my list and remain there to this day (Legend, DF, Serendipity, Heavenly Army). I then stopped vaping DK-TAB and Bounty Hunter completely, and added BWB's Casablanca to my rotation.

I think it's very cool that most of the people in this thread have similar tastes. I'll make sure to keep my eye on it for future recommendations.

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
My first tobaccos were Mr. E Liquid's RY4 and Grey Matter. Both are good but I don't really know where the tobacco is in Grey Matter- just tastes like vanilla to me. The RY4 was good for a tank or two, but the caramel sweetness was too much for an ADV.
moved on to HHV and vaped legend for a couple of months, loved it but didn't care for dragon's fire, serendipity, heavenly army or shadow. All just seemed to have a "buttery" note that stuck with me and I hated it.
Decided to go DIY and loved the NET flavor I got from legend, so I made some extracts using pipe tobaccos and cigars which turned out very well and I still use to this day. Looked online for something different and found My Vape Juice for NET extracts- LOVED them. Bought some Savage tobacco extract which is a flue-cured and it has been the base for all of my NET DIY liquids for the last few months. Awesome. I use about 3% NET with 5% toasted almond and 5% vanilla, a few drops of menthol..... Heaven in a bottle. I like them fresh but steeping has also proven to be very kind as well.
Tomorrow in the mail I am getting some FA Maxx blend and TFA black honey tobacco to try in my DIY- I'm just hoping the NET mixes haven't spoiled me to the point where everything else will taste like chemicals, but we shall see.

Vapo Marx

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
New York
I tried some HHV samples recently. My impressions:

Dark Horse: Tastes grassy to me but I'm sure some people would like it.
Heavenly Tobacco: I've only tried a couple of RY4s but this is definitely in that vein. Nutty and sweet. It's not for me, but again, I'm sure others might love it.
Oompa: Good rich tobacco with a chocolate note.
Legend: Outstanding. Tastes like a good pipe tobacco. This is definitely a put-on-your-slippers-and-relax-in-your-easy-chair kinda vape.

HHV gets a thumbs-up from me. I'll be trying more flavors soon.

Voltron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2011
San Juan, PR
I tried some HHV samples recently. My impressions:

Dark Horse: Tastes grassy to me but I'm sure some people would like it.
Heavenly Tobacco: I've only tried a couple of RY4s but this is definitely in that vein. Nutty and sweet. It's not for me, but again, I'm sure others might love it.
Oompa: Good rich tobacco with a chocolate note.
Legend: Outstanding. Tastes like a good pipe tobacco. This is definitely a put-on-your-slippers-and-relax-in-your-easy-chair kinda vape.

HHV gets a thumbs-up from me. I'll be trying more flavors soon.

I'm glad you liked HHV. Since you loved Legend, I would suggest you try Serendipity next. Also, make sure you try the ones you have again after a long steep. Some of them can change and improve significantly, as is the case with Heavenly Army.

Vapo Marx

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
New York
[Goodejuice's] USA LAB line includes one called High Octane, which is a great all around, subtly sweet tobacco. Similar to Halo's Torque 56, but it has greater kick to it. Out of their Home Brewed NET's, my favorites are Organic #1 (rich, robust, slightly sweet leafy tobacco with a hint of cherry cordial liqueur, but no flavor was added); Vita Bella a mild tobacco with the hint of subtle vanilla, once again, the sweet flavor coming from the leaf itself), and Patriot -- a full, robust in-your-face authentic cigar.

Gawd, these sound so good, I wanna try 'em all. In fact, I think I will!

Patkid

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Rockford, IL
Just discovered Vermillion River's "Kentucky Premium Blend." $17.95 for 30ml. I like this one a lot. Not too sweet and a very rich tobacco flavor. This could be an everyday vape for me.

I'm also a huge fan of HHV, and I've got some Ahlusion flavors on the way to try for the first time.

VR for me, too!!
Premium Blend
Maplewood mixed w/ the above
KY4
and more samples on the way.
Best juice for me and I have tried so many that others have recommended.
I am going to stop searching after I go through the samples of Halo and Grumpy's Hooch and HHV I have coming.
Done.
I will be placing an order for over $100 to get free shipping at VR in about 2 weeks.
Pat

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
I can adv vermillion river as well. It's a brilliant flavor. Smooth crisp tobacco and great flavored undertones. I have 75mls total of cherrywood, ky4, vanilla, and regular kentucky.

I've loaded some tanks for friends and they all love it as well. Doesn't mess up coils to quickly either. Pretty thin juice overall. Some of the NET's I received from Quick Nic are harder on the equipment. I don't think VR is a NET.

Voltron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2011
San Juan, PR
VR for me, too!!
Premium Blend
Maplewood mixed w/ the above
KY4
and more samples on the way.
Best juice for me and I have tried so many that others have recommended.
I am going to stop searching after I go through the samples of Halo and Grumpy's Hooch and HHV I have coming.
Done.
I will be placing an order for over $100 to get free shipping at VR in about 2 weeks.
Pat

I like Vermillion River as well. My favorites from them are Kentucky Premium Blend, No.7 Blend, and Kentucky Banana Blend.

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
I'll have to put those on the list! Thanks for your input, everybody. This is becoming quite an informative thread. Not to toot my own horn here, but I'm glad I started it! I knew I wasn't the only one out there that wasn't into vaping the fruity, candy stuff!

... not that there's anything wrong with THAT. :)

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
I just realized how much I like QnJ. I have 2 mods side by side. One loaded with godznilla and the other with qu4tro. I just switch about every 30 minutes. heh. Each time I think I like one better than the other I just switch and change my mind.

Nice SG-what year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread