The upgraded Tobeco Coil Jig V2 is now at SmokTek!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cigarman

Registered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
St. Petersburg, FL
smoktek.com
Tobeco Coil Jig V2

The Tobeco Coil Jig is a handy, compact tool for all vapers who prefer building their own coils! Unlike the original version, this upgraded coil jig has been redesigned so that the tightening screw sits on the side (rather than on top) of the device - this makes wrapping coils much easier.

Each coil jig comes with five small coil-wrapping posts with differing diameters, so that you can easily build coils of various sizes. The coil jig features a 510-threaded opening on the body of the unit so that the jig can be used as an atomizer stand while you work on a build. Additionally, the small nut located below the screw on the left side of the device (this side features a protrusion on the top) can be pulled out to reveal a space which can be used to store your preferred post.

Using the jig is easy: simply choose which coil-wrapping post you would like to use, unscrew the screw on the right side of the device (the side which is flat and does not feature a protrusion on top), insert the chosen post into the opening (you may have to exert some force when using the largest size post), and tighten the screw back in so that the post sits firmly in the jig and does not move. Then, take your kanthal wire and wrap one end around the base of the screw lodged on the left side of the jig and begin wrapping your coil onto the post until you have achieved the number of desired wraps.

The Tobeco Coil Jig V2 is available in silver, gunmetal, black and blue.

Now is a great time to pick one of these up as our CYBER MONDAY sale was extended through Sunday 12/7 ! ! ! Enjoy savings of 20-75% sitewide, Double Rewards Points and Free Shipping on orders over $99! :2cool::2cool::2cool:

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Thank you so much for posting this sale. I always wondered how they worked and now I know.
JC_ThankYou.gif

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Tobeco Coil Jig V2

Using the jig is easy: simply choose which coil-wrapping post you would like to use, unscrew the screw on the right side of the device (the side which is flat and does not feature a protrusion on top), insert the chosen post into the opening (you may have to exert some force when using the largest size post), and tighten the screw back in so that the post sits firmly in the jig and does not move. Then, take your kanthal wire and wrap one end around the base of the screw lodged on the left side of the jig and begin wrapping your coil onto the post until you have achieved the number of desired wraps.

Minor question here. I can see how these are used. The question is, which diameter size does one use to get consistant 2.4oHm coils / 2.0oHm coils / 1.8oHm coils? Sure I know a stock reply may be, "buy one and try it to see for yourself". Rather not buy without prior knowledge, make an informed purchase. And yes, I get these jigs are reasonably priced. Nothing wrong with a consumer making reasonable purchases either. :)

Cigarman

Registered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
St. Petersburg, FL
smoktek.com
Minor question here. I can see how these are used. The question is, which diameter size does one use to get consistant 2.4oHm coils / 2.0oHm coils / 1.8oHm coils? Sure I know a stock reply may be, "buy one and try it to see for yourself". Rather not buy without prior knowledge, make an informed purchase. And yes, I get these jigs are reasonably priced. Nothing wrong with a consumer making reasonable purchases either. :)

Hi! The diameter you choose has a lot to do with your preference: what device you're using it in, what kind of build you're doing (single, dual, quad, etc) and the gauge of your kanthal. I would recommend you check out this great calculator which aids in Coil Wrapping (make sure to click on "How it works" at the bottom of that page, it's very helpful), as well as checking out ECF's Rebuildable Atomizer Systems Forum for more pointers on which diameter is best-suited for you. :)

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Ah, I see. :) Hehe. Of course, the Steam Roller site & our own subforum on the subject. "Natch'." :)

As to a device, currently finding myself happy w/ Innokin MVP2, & possible next big purchase may be an Itaste V3 of the 800mAh variety. Both of these are VV/VW units. That's why I did not take a device into consideration, emphasizing rather a 2.4oHm coil. I know the devices will push the coil effectively. I have heard/read that higher resistance coils draw warmer vaping / more watts.

Currently, I am vaping with a coil reading 2.8oHm according to the MVP2's readout. A friend tells me that an oHm meter would likely be more accurate in reading coil oHms. I do not disagree with that, merely going by what I have at hand. This coil is being used at 4 volts, which I see reads out at about 6 watts. The vaping experince I'm having is a pleasantly cool draw which tickles the throat with a pinch of warmth. The warmth may also be due in part to a juice which has undertones of menthol. All in it's a nice vape, moderate clouds. Not really a cloud chasing type of vaper, I vape for my 1.8mg of nicotine. :) Although, have tried 0 nicotine and didn't mind it despite the obvious cravings.

Will admit, thought I could find a quick answer. I did too. :) It was not exactly what I sought as an answer, but it is what I needed. Thanks for that. :) I can see about where I need to be in regards to coil building. Yep, I dig that some apprecita full on accuracy but also note there are fair estimates/tolerences. Think I'll be okay once I get a jig and set up to build. First up for me as a just to kick the tires is trying to build a ~3.5 oHm coil, want to see how an HR does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread