Jun 22, 2012
Cincy

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
The first link are the batteries that I use, and yes I use them with the short tube that you get in the SVD "Express kit".

Actually here is my entire SVD order from Fasttech:

#1. SKU 1233700 - Panasonic NCR18650PD 18650 3.6V 2900mAH Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries (2-Pack)
$13.62 Panasonic NCR18650PD 18650 3.6V 2900mAH Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries (2-Pack) 2-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
#2. SKU 1327201 - Nitecore I2 Lithium Li-ion Ni-MH Ni-Cd Smart Battery Charger (US)
$16.38 Nitecore I2 Lithium Li-ion Ni-MH Ni-Cd Smart Battery Charger (US) - car charger cable + US plug AC charger cable at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
#3. SKU 1370201 - INNOKIN iTaste SVD Telescoping Variable Voltage E-Cigarette Mod / Battery Compartment
$37.21 INNOKIN iTaste SVD Telescoping Variable Voltage E-Cigarette Mod / Battery Compartment at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

== Other services ==
Protective shipping packet

== Order total ==
$67.21

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
This should help: Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or Protected? Long story short, you want a high quality IMR battery.

Current wisdom about battery safety from the ECF battery guru's is that the AW IMR batteries are the best choice for mod batteries for all applications over any protected Li Ion battery. Using an unprotected battery is not recommended for any mod for safety reasons.
(reference: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/129569-rechargeable-batteries.html)

Not only are IMRs a safer choice, for a regulated mod (like an SVD) you want the high drain capability of an IMR for the processor's boost circuits responsible for higher voltage regulation.

IndyJones said:

:unsure: You may want to review this thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/462491-ok-use-ur18500-sanyo-batteries-my-mechanical-mod.html Your batteries are an unprotected Li Ion.

When purchasing any battery for your mods, it needs to be either IMR, hybrid/IMR, or protected Li Ion. The product description for a Li Ion battery must say "protected" for it to be anywhere near being safe to be used in a mod.

Last edited:

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
AW IMR for all of your mods, easy breezy folks. Safety first. I bought mine from provape. 18350, 18490, and 18650 all work with the SVD and you don't even need the spare tube for the 18650 configuration. Plus the SVD allows you to stack 2 18350's if you wanted to, just make sure you reset the configuration if you do this (it's all in the manual).

As far as how many, answer is more than 2 or 3.

batteriesAWIMR.jpg

RHP

Last edited:

Eranda13

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Bethlehem, PA
Wow Baditude that is a buttload of information... :blink:

That might be over my head for the moment... maybe I'll just stick with my eGo twist and my Itaste VV.

I have to read more and give this some thought...

but really- thanks for the info. I know that sooner or later I'll probably want to upgrade and at least then I'll know what I'm getting into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread