Status
Not open for further replies.

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
Ibtanked setups are super easy to work with. Baditudes blods are a great place to get knowledge on the subject. I have a few videos in my blogs as well showing my lazy mans method of ibtanked fiddling. You definitely have nothing to worry about, once you get your carto tank properly primed it will provide a consistent and solid vape until it dies.

Amish Ed

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
Lake Forest, CA
amished.wordpress.com
Definitely read Baditude's blogs. He's the reason I use carto tanks, I too was nervous. Make sure when you order your tank that you order a refilling drip tip. It makes refilling a carto tank a breeze. Or spend a bit more and get a Slap Yo Mama. That one is supposedly even better as you can use it to swap cartos while there's still juice in the tank. I use the IBTanked one and have to use a syringe to empty the tank first.

As far as priming goes I use a method Baditude doesn't like. I Fiddle My Thingy. This is what IBTanked calls priming your tank using their Thingy. The Thingy is the plastic container that the tank comes in. All you do is put a fresh carto in and fill the tank. Then put it in the Thingy and twist the cap on and off. You'll see bubbles coming out of the holes as you do it. Keep taking the cap on and off until a droplet comes out of thread end of the carto. It's now primed. Just refill the tank and you're good to go.

Hope this helps.

Amish Ed

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
Lake Forest, CA
amished.wordpress.com
How long do the cartos last? How do you know when they die?

With my super clear juices I think I'm getting about 40-50ml through an XL Smok (Boge cartos clog much quicker in my experience). You know it's time to swap when the draw gets tight, it spontaneously floods, or the taste is burnt or off.

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
I probably get 25ml a carto with some darker juice, my friend uses pretty clear juice gets about 50. Sometimes they slowly secretely die too. Ill be not sure its dead, and use it for days in this state of eh maybe its not so bad. When i finally end up changing it im like ohhhh yeah, thats what its supposed to be like...

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
Ive never flooded a carto in maybe 6-7 months ive been using a carto tank setup. Check out my blogs, i actually sort of underprime cartos using my method. If you pull the drip tip the filler looks dry. So if i happen to ever pull too much juice or anything there is free filler to soak it up. I personally prefer #1 ikenvape laser drilled platinum LR, not the slot the hole. Then Boge LR cartos laser drilled i get from litecigusa Only thing with the pack of boges i swear there is one awesome carto, 3 ok ones, and 1 that never quite does the trick. The Ikenvapes run a little lower resistance and work better on the mech, but i only get about 15-20ml per carto, but every carto works awesome. Also my juice is on the dark side and gunks up anything i use it in.

Perfect cartos (i grab em when i can but usually only a box or 2)

http://ikenvape.com/Cartomizers/IKV-510-Platinum-Cartomizer-LR-Punch-V2.html

Typical use cartos because ikenvape is out of stock a lot (i tend to buy 3-4 boxes and use whenever i dont have ikenvapes)

http://www.litecigusa.net/BOGE_510_LR_PrePunched_Cartomizers_p/510-boge-punch-lr-carto.htm

What kind of battery are you using? If you run VV i usually run around 3.6-4V, but since the LR cartos pair up so well with your typical output i personally run a mech with no kick etc. Its not going to make you the cloud king of the forums but its compact and effective. 18350 batteries ive used dont seem to push as well as 18500, and 18650 seems the same as 18500 just lasts longer. So i run 18500s (they get me through the workday plus a little no problem)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread