Tight MTL tank with prebuild SS coils for TC (with matching mini TC mod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psihoza

Jun 8, 2018
Croatia
Here is your first mistake. I don't want to be rude, but you absolutely CANNOT make her stop.
Ah, English is my second language. I see now difference in what I wrote and what you wrote. Yes, I'm trying to help her stop. She wants it. She saw me stop the same way. She tried my kayfun and loves it. But then she is so non technical person that I cannot stress it enough. She is "affraid" of any techno gizmos and then starts with stories how some of her friends tried but 'returned to smoking quickly'. When I investigated what reasons were for that, all were very easily fixable with proper mod/atomizer/liquid/nic. Either airfllow was not 'right' or they felt nic shortage (too low nic liquid) or stuff like that. All those friends used first cheap pen like nonregulated kit in local store paired with disaster liquids (vaping still not too popular here).

So, my point was (as with other smokers I'm trying to convert) is that everything can be fixed and chance of them liking vaping are really high. But maybe not right at start with first liquid and first kit. That they need to be patient and try stuff, tailor it to their needs and preferences. At that point I usually show them difference between Kayfun Prime tight and some dual coil sub ohm dripper. Cloud leaves them speechless but makes the point :)

But all those options just frighten her, she doesnt have money nor knowledge to buy and play with dozen setups/liquids. So I told her Ill make it a gift, ill buy her a nice setup, mix liquid for her (have huge stash of my own anyway) and help her find what she likes. I see her every day so guidance is not an issue either (she is my employee).

I would suggest the Innoken Zenith because the coils last forever and there are ALSO rumors (and they are rumors) that a SS coil MAY be in the works.
Zenith is first on my list if compromise will be made (VW). I love how it is done. Heck, I planned to buy it myself too (22mm version that is supposed to arrive soon?). Although, some say ita not that tight mtl.

Still thinking if Triton Mini is an option though. There are Nickel coils but I dont hear much good about those. But if it doesn't work, nautilus coils can fit and most stuff with those is good. So it seems like a good fallback option too.

Thanks for telling me its possible Zenith gets TC coils! Thats interesting info.

Reactions: stols001

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Why would that make it more difficult? Rebuildable or not, it's a coil. Similar piece of wire, just made in factory and not by yourself.

Because good or even semi decent MTL replaceable heads aren't available whereas you can wrap & wick your own coil in an RBA to suit almost an endless variety of vaping styles.
Future improvements in MTL TC replaceable heads may change that, or might not.

Hm, everything is prone to errors with wrong button presses. But still wouldnt call it equaly prone. VW will create problems in many other situations.
But you are right. Disabling buttons would help me in this case. That's why I was thinking about Ego One VT. This device is temp control but really difficult to fiddle with settings once set. But gave up at end.

Almost all problems in vaping no matter the method used start with and are created by user error or user not understanding how to get what they want no matter the set up used.
Seems simpler to me to tell your Gmother, if you accidentally change a setting just set it back to 8-11w, than it would be to try to explain how to adjust temp, wattage, pre heat etc...

If your basing your choices for someone else (especially someone new that has little interest in fiddling) on your notion TC is 'better' or 'safer' or 'smoother', I can't help you, that is all a matter of personal preferences & opinion.

englishmick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Ah, English is my second language. I see now difference in what I wrote and what you wrote. Yes, I'm trying to help her stop. She wants it. She saw me stop the same way. She tried my Kayfun and loves it. But then she is so non technical person that I cannot stress it enough. She is "affraid" of any techno gizmos and then starts with stories how some of her friends tried but 'returned to smoking quickly'. When I investigated what reasons were for that, all were very easily fixable with proper mod/atomizer/liquid/nic. Either airfllow was not 'right' or they felt nic shortage (too low nic liquid) or stuff like that. All those friends used first cheap pen like nonregulated kit in local store paired with disaster liquids (vaping still not too popular here).

I know what you mean. I tried to get a neighbor started once. Gave her a Spinner with a Pro Tank. It lasted a few days then she complained that it had stopped working. Took a look and the 510 was full of liquid. Cleaned it out with a paper towel and it was fine. I showed her what to do but she just refused to deal with something as complicated as cleaning the 510. Or filling it for that matter.

For someone like that I suspect a pod system might be only solution. Don't some of them have a chip that stops them firing after all the juice has been used up?

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
I just gave my 80yr old mum a zenith. She liked the draw and like me thinks its pretty close to a cigarette.

I just got a reply email from a local stockist who said the Plexus Z coils for the zenith were on back order and should be here, Australia, in 2-3weeks.

Psihoza

Jun 8, 2018
Croatia
One of my first tanks was a Nautilus Mini...I still use it almost 3 years later.
Oh I know Nautilus Mini :) Nautilus 2 is a disaster for filling but great flavor and draw. But I dont see it a step up from Mini. Mini is bottom fill but easy! Only downside for it is easily breakable glass but I can buy ss sleeve.

On my list right below Triton Mini for now.

JanTee

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2014
Saint-Lazare, Quebec, Canada
I helped my granny too and have helped various other golden years folks get going over the years. You must love your grandmother a lot!

Here is what I suggest. You see her once a day? The new ares tank from innokin are dead easy to fill and build and reasonable priced. Buy her a couple. I have one tastes about as good as my kayfuns love the top fill. Build them for her always be sure she has a backup, filled, working and airflow set to be what she likes.

I get why you favour tc, and I agree someone should make ss drop in coils. I also love picos. But in my experience, even drop in coils many seniors find challenging or intimidating. I usually set them up with a few simple internal battery devices that are all push the button easy, dialled into what they like. Top fill easy to fill tanks, easy to plug in and charge. I will even take white or bright coloured nail polish, whatever they can see better to mark the plug hole so they can see easily to put their mod on charge. Btw even more dead simple is the zenith drop in coils and kroma paired mod internal battery. It's designed for smokers getting into vaping and is simple and versatile enough to work for the majority.

One danger, it's easy to fall into believing what finally worked for us to quit smoking will work for others. It's just not the case! There are many people who quit with mtl and tobacco flavour high nic juice as tootle puffers. Just as many couldn't do it until they got a sub ohm monster mod and fruity 3mg juice. I helped a lady 72 years old quit for good on a device that made me want to chuck a lung with only 3mg juice! There is no rhyme or reason to it on the surface, she was a veryheavynonfiltered chain smoker for a few decades of her smoking career. She loved smoke not flavour, th or even nic. Go figure!

But get her two easy push button mods, dial in her settings she's likes and lock them in case she's hits a button by mistake. Just fill them when you see her, change coils and clean the mod and tank once a week, don't wait for coils to gunk up or blow.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Have a look at the Eleaf Ello tank and the kits that come with it such as the Pico 25 or the iKonn 220. The tank itself is not true "MTL" but the HW-1 coils for it are TC compatible SS316. You may need to get a more restrictive drip tip and close off the air flow to make it MTL. I think that could get you where you want to be, or at least close.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread