Tightness in Chest

Status
Not open for further replies.

nocturn4l3030

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
South Bay, CA
After last night of vaping alot of 18mg, 50/50 juice (i usually vape 12, but used 18mg for when i'm out), but i noticed last night, my chest started to feel real tight and kinda hurt. to be specific, when i breathe in, i feel an uncomfortableness in my chest

is this a PG issue? i don't seem to show any other affects of being allergic to PG, like rashness or soreness, bumps or anything like that.... if this is a PG issue.. what's the lowest percentage of PG that you found comfortable?

or is it because I need to stay more hydrated?

got scared last night tbh.... it's still there this morning/afternoon.. not as bad though

need opinions/tips please!

Tracy68

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2011
Australia
Were you out drinking and vaping? Just taking a guess here :) Alcohol dehydrates you and this could possibly cause a tight feeling in your chest.
Just too much vaping alone could cause it too regardless of PG or VG.
Could possibly also be the nicotine amount causing an irritation?
I think we sometimes try to get away with excessive vaping perhaps convincing ourselves that since it's "healthier" than smoking we can do more of it. (I'm guilty!)
Lungs are really only meant to breathe air so whatever we inhale, especially in large amounts is likely to put a strain on them.
Amounts of VG/PG that create comfortable vaping are a very individual thing - it seems, from what I've read on these forums.
All you can do is experiment yourself if you feel one or the other may be causing a bit of a problem.

Moderation and lots of water seems the most sensible idea overall.

nocturn4l3030

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
South Bay, CA
thanks guys.. appreciate the replies... i was uh drinking alcohol alot >.< i guess that doesn't count huh lol

man i hope i dont have to give up my PG juice.... gonna try drinking alot. thanks again i'll come back and update if it helps

EDIT: overlooked the alcohol you wrote bout tracy! hope that's the reason! thanks so much

EDIT2: i still can't believe you guessed that so accurately -.-

Last edited:

OrthodoxAtheist

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2011
Redlands, CA
Nothing new for my comment, but simply to confirm the experiences of others in response. Two things can give me some chest pressure when vaping: 1) dehydration; and, 2) a lung hit with certain liquids. I tend to take a mouth draw, then a second lung draw thereafter, before exhaling the first. I can do this very comfortable without any problem with all liquids tried to date, except... cinnamon hot candy. If I try anything but a mouth draw with the chc I get a huge hit to my chest. So if what you've experienced is with just one type of liquid, change liquid. If more than one liquid, then drink more water. Let us know what you find out while changing behavior to try to drill down on the cause.

Tracy68

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2011
Australia
I was wondering that too but figured maybe Nocturn was a bit worried about the drinking causing a craving for an analogue, considering that for many of us drinking is a definite trigger for wanting to smoke.
Just even being in a social situation where you would usually smoke more, even if you don't drink can cause you to inadvertently vape more.
Seems like it would be a good idea in those situations to carry two lots of strengths of nic juice so you don't end up vaping yourself silly on too much nic.

nocturn4l3030

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
South Bay, CA
Nothing new for my comment, but simply to confirm the experiences of others in response. Two things can give me some chest pressure when vaping: 1) dehydration; and, 2) a lung hit with certain liquids. I tend to take a mouth draw, then a second lung draw thereafter, before exhaling the first. I can do this very comfortable without any problem with all liquids tried to date, except... cinnamon hot candy. If I try anything but a mouth draw with the chc I get a huge hit to my chest. So if what you've experienced is with just one type of liquid, change liquid. If more than one liquid, then drink more water. Let us know what you find out while changing behavior to try to drill down on the cause.

awesome, at least everyone is coming to an agreement about what's causing it

Why are you increasing your nic when your out???? If your out parting raising your nic is just going to OD you, if your anything like me you smoke more when you drink, so all you doing is getting a lot more nic. Try leaving it the same or lowering it next time.

ah well at home.. i tend to chain vape so i go with 12mg so i dont get nauseated..

when i'm out.. i don't get to vape as much.. dont want to look too addicted in front of my friends lol >.< when i'm out i just want to vape as often as i used to smoke cigarettes...

and ya i definitely failed my vaping test a couple times when i'm out drinking with friends.. somethin bout alcohol really makes you want a cigarette.. so that's why i been doin the higher nic mg... so far its' been working though.

I was wondering that too but figured maybe Nocturn was a bit worried about the drinking causing a craving for an analogue, considering that for many of us drinking is a definite trigger for wanting to smoke.
Just even being in a social situation where you would usually smoke more, even if you don't drink can cause you to inadvertently vape more.
Seems like it would be a good idea in those situations to carry two lots of strengths of nic juice so you don't end up vaping yourself silly on too much nic.

^ this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread