Tinnitus And Vaping E Ciggs & Extreme Stomach Flu symtoms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisey Moonshine

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2014
Chicago, Il
I was just telling my boyfriend that my ears have been ringing for the last three days, but I've been smoking cigarettes like a chimney and I've been hardly vaping at all. I agree, the blood pressure along with OD'ing on nicotine may have everything to do with that, and it would be worth getting it checked out.

I believe you when you say the vaping aggravates it, but I also know from experience it does take some time for the nicotine to build up in our system to take that effect.

I also believe our bodies are thrown completely out of whack because we are trying to quit smoking, and I believe you may already have a pre-existing condition that you don't want to deal with. It could be anything. It could be remote (drinking, spicy food) or it could be something more serious.

The advice you have been given makes perfect, logical sense, so why argue with reason? It seems that there are other concerns you should consider more thoughtfully before you blame the vaping for everything going wrong with you internally.

And don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Bonjour.

Last edited:

KAS129

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Columbus, OH, USA
I agree with the other posters who recommended seeing a doctor (GI if possible). I was diagnosed about 1 1/2 yrs ago with Ménière's disease so I can sympathize with the Tinnitus. I quit analogs and switched to vaping about 2 months ago and since, if anything my Tinnitus has gotten better. My ENT thinks it may be due to the dehydrating effect of vaping (One of the treatments is sodium restricted diet and drugs to reduce fluid retention). Definitely see your doctor even if it was just a flu bug, and I have had a few people who work for me have a hard time shaking the current strain. Might be simple combination of flu and quitting smoking causing the issues but could be something alot more serious. Not a good idea to self-diagnose after that many bouts of "flu".

thanks for everones response. I have been on Prednozone now for 4 days to combat the tinnitus. I believe I have slight hearing improvement but only in the higher frequencies and the ringing hasnt decreased at all. I have a followup at the ENT this coming Monday.

Im certainly not arguing here with anyone suggestions...

Im still smoking analogue ciggs, and will continue until my 100 Percent VG Juice with Organic flavor come in. And I will begin my experiment again.

I have also read that tinnitus can be caused by ucceritive collitus. Which would perfectly describe the symptoms I experienced while being sick for those 3 weeks. Sadly, while being sick, I did not go to the Dr because I thought it was just the flu (that was going around).

So it very well could be that being so sick...could have brought this on....or the PG base could be the cuprit. I really dont know.

I highly doubt it was the nicotine tho, because I am was heavy analogue smoker, sometimes smoking 3 packs a day and it had no effects on my hearing in all the years I smoked. Plus the nic level I have used in vaping was never higher than 6 mgs.

I will continue to update....

BigDC

Jan 15, 2014
Anderson, IN, USA
From what I have heard and read, it appears that most if not all of your symptoms are from quitting smoking and NOT vapor related. The human body (believe it or not) goes through some violent changes when you quit smoking. These changes are brought on because the body is getting rid of all of the dangerous and harmful tar, carbon monoxide, and the other over 4,000 harmful chemicals in the tobacco products and now your body is getting free from them and is changing. These changes take time, but with each new change a new symptom can occur, they will go away in time. Don't go back to regular tobacco products, stick with vaping!

thunderbrothers

Verified Member
Jan 11, 2014
Woodstock, GA, USA
I am not a doctor, so I cannot diagnose your situation for you. I can, however, relate my experiences regarding the effects of PG vs VG juices while vaping. My opinion is that your symptoms are more likely from the nicotine or from quitting smoking than from the PG or VG, but remember, every body is different and will react differently to chemicals, so just take this as one person's perspective, and PLEASE go see your doctor...

A little background...
My wife and I have both smoked on and off (mostly on) for the past 15+ years. We smoked between 1/2 to 1-1/2 packs a day each, depending on the day. Unrelated to this, she also has pretty bad allergies. The list of what she is NOT allergic to is a short list. Her worst allergy is to ink, specifically the ink used in carbon/carbonless paper, newspaper, and money. Her reaction to this is severe - her tongue and throat swell up, to the point she has a hard time breathing. She is so hyper sensitive to it that I can bring a newspaper into the house, and put it anywhere, even upstairs, and she know it's in the house the second she comes home from work and walks in the door. And money? She uses a debit card for everything, and has me hold any cash we may need to use. The last time we went to the bank, and the teller handed us brand new bills, I thought she was going to fall to the floor and have a seizure...

Why am I sharing this?

In May 2013, she found about e-cigs, and bought us a basic Ego starter kit so we could try to quit smoking. The basic drip cartos weren't doing it for us, so I researched and learned, and slowly we upgraded trial and error until we found gear that worked for us. We smoked and vaped at the same time, slowly trying to wean ourselves off of cigarettes. I was able to quit for good in September, but it took my wife until about a month ago to finally quit for good. She kept going back to real cigarettes because she was having the same reaction to vaping as she was to the ink mentioned above. But she was stubborn, and kept trying. It wasn't until I found a decent B&M that we learned some people are allergic to PG. We switched her to 100% VG juices, and she has had NO bad reactions to it.

We both vape 24mg juices. I use a lot of 100% PG juices, and vape heavily, and have no ill effects other than dry mouth sometimes. My wife, on the other hand, can't even use 85VG/15PG juice without reacting to it. She has to have 100% VG to keep her throat from closing up. But even with her severe allergy to PG, she's never had inner ear or GI issues with it. Only physical swelling and respiratory issues.

Now, she definitely had GI issues from the time she cracked the glass on her Pro tank in her pocket, and absorbed half a tank of juice directly into her leg. She was throwing up, dizzy, and light headed for nearly 4 hours after, even with guzzling a gallon of water during this time to try and dilute the enormous amount of nicotine that got into her system.

I know that just because my wife doesn't have GI or inner ear issues with PG, others might. I just wanted to share my experiences with the ugly side of PG allergies, because even going through that for a few months, my wife still thanks me for researching and spending all the extra time to find a setup for her that finally got her off of real cigarettes...

Last edited:
Its funny you mention this....I remember just prior to having the GI issues during my experiment, I would get a mouthful of juice for one reason or another....Usually it was when I used the ProTank ll because no matter how I use it, somehow its always, at some point, give me a mouth full of juice.

I dont encounter this problem from the ProTank mini however.

This could explain the GI issues for sure....But doesnt explain the tinnitus. I didnt get a mouth full of juice for about two weeks b4 the Tinnitus happened.

The only change just prior to my tinnitus happening was the switch to a heavy PG base.

If I could just provide this link again in case people missed it....

http://www.ecigaddict.com/2011/10/e-juice-allergy-symptoms-stomach-cramps-......../#comment-43635

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Its funny you mention this....I remember just prior to having the GI issues during my experiment, I would get a mouthful of juice for one reason or another....Usually it was when I used the ProTank ll because no matter how I use it, somehow its always, at some point, give me a mouth full of juice.

I dont encounter this problem from the ProTank mini however.

This could explain the GI issues for sure....But doesnt explain the tinnitus. I didnt get a mouth full of juice for about two weeks b4 the Tinnitus happened.

The only change just prior to my tinnitus happening was the switch to a heavy PG base.

If I could just provide this link again in case people missed it....

http://www.ecigaddict.com/2011/10/e-juice-allergy-symptoms-stomach-cramps-......../#comment-43635

Got a red flag safety warning from my browser for that link you've posted....

an update - well after my issues I did go back to smoking for about 2 weeks.

I ordered 100 percent organic non sweetened 100 percent VG e-juice.

I used the new juice for one day and BAM, instant ......... I promptly stopped vaping at the onset of ........ and it was gone in 24 hours.

I then started using a 60PG - 40VG and no ........, but some slight gas.

I then started using 80PG - 20VG and Im totally fine.

I know now that the tinnitus was caused by severe dehydration brought on by 3 weeks of continuous ......... Its known medical fact that dehydration to this extent can cause tinnitus.

So my issue IS NOT Ulcerative Colitis from quiting smoking. my issue is major ........ from an allergy to VG based ejuice.

And my tinnitus is most likely caused by severe dehydration and not PG based ejuice....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread