Not open for further replies.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
About to send my beloved Mini 2.1 in for the new 510. (Coast to coast). While it's there, I was considering having it milled to LP. I've only used an RM2, Igo BF and may try an RM3 "while we are at it." I don't have a desire to do dual coils. I know that LP's Reos open the door to every atty, while non-LP's are limiting. I'm probably going to be adding an Grand LP when the new resins come out. If I never use a larger atty on the milled mini, is the milled surface a bit of an eye sore?

So I guess I'm asking you all to know the future for me. Will the ability to get 14 mm attys cease in the near future?

I just re-read my post and had to giggle. My oh my, I sure have big problems.

thank you you for helping me sort this huge quandary.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Personally I don't think it's eyesore, but that would also depend on the rba and Mod finish I would think. I use many RBAs that would fit a regular Reo fine but I like the look and flexibility of the LP better. Your chosen rba the even the RM3 will work fine without the trim, so you have no pressing need, do you plan to try something bigger like a RM4 or Nuppin before Rob gets to the Resins several months from now?

IMG_20150318_164315-L.jpg

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I'd say you don't need to have it milled. You have perfectly serviceable atties to use with it that suit your vaping preferences. If you want to expand your atty repertoire in the future, you'll have a planned LP to use when you get there.

I wouldn't worry about a 14mm atty shortage - rob has 3 viable choices and there are several others out there (eg, chalice, divo, etc.).

Note, as well, that your milled RM2 will show a gap on the milled reo (it's milled to fit the taller catch cup).

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Personally I don't think it's eyesore, but that would also depend on the RBA and Mod finish I would think. I use many RBAs that would fit a regular Reo fine but I like the look and flexibility of the LP better. Your chosen RBA the even the RM3 will work fine without the trim, so you have no pressing need, do you plan to try something bigger like a RM4 or Nuppin before Rob gets to the Resins several months from now?

IMG_20150318_164315-L.jpg

Thanks Mr. Beast. No, I don't have any plans for an RM4 or Nuppin I the next several months. I think what I have plus the possibility of getting an RM3 soon will keep me pre-occupied for a long while. Heck, the RM2 kept me grinning for over a year

Thanks too Papa, I think the gap might draw my OCD attention.

Awwww......quandary resolved. THANK YOU!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
If you need to be pushed further on the "Just don't do it while you are saying no" matter: There is only so far you can take an 18490 capacity battery. So you could mill it down to accept all manure of attys - all the way up to quad coils - but for what purpose? To put a build on it that will have you recharging an 18490 battery every hour?

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I see the votes are coming in.....and I don't have any different reasons to offer up except to say I vote leave it stock. I have a BUNCH of REOs and not a single one of them is LP. I have several RM2s, an RM3, an IGO-S, and a Chalice that all fit them, and have no urge whatsoever for any bigger/different attys. I think the "raw" top left by the haircut would bug me.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Thanks all! I've cleaned her up, packed her safely and she will be shipped back east tomorrow.......and she will remain STOCK. . Did I mention how much I love Reoville lately??

I'm already missing that sweet mini. I've used her everyday for over a year and a half with the same flavor of juice. It's an "atty eater," ( I change the cotton and dry-burn every 3-6 ml. ) and this mod has been perfect for it. Easy to work on and oh yes, the incredible flavor!! I'll get by in the short term by using a dripper but the flavor is just so-so. I could use the juice on my Woodvile but it's busy with another flavor already. I guess tapping my foot won't make time go by faster huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread