Tobacco Absolute from MyFreedomSmokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

marshbunny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
NE GA, USA
I have been ordering tobacco Absolute Blend from Wizard Labs for some time but they no longer carry the product. I ordered the tobacco Absolute from MyFreedomSmokes that has been diluted to 50%. I want to make up a blend as close to the tobacco Absolute Blend from Wizard Labs and was hoping someone would confirm my percentages before I mix up a batch. This was the only recipe that I could find and it seems right but I have never mixed pure or 50% before and am a little nervous. Has anyone used this TA from MFS? How did your mix turn out? I would appreciate any suggestions or tips. Thank you in advance.
PG 90%
EM 9%
MFS TA 1% (TA has been diluted 50%)

Last edited:

MarkyD

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
Blue Ridge
Yeah thats the recipe for tobacco blend. Theres nothing to worry about in mixing it down, theres no nicotine in it, but it does have pure grain alcohol. Dedicate some old mixing gear (syringe,container) to just the TA because it sticks to everything and is difficult to clean up.

An even nicer mixdown is to dilute the 50% TA to 5% using a 1:9 dilution (1 part TA/9 parts PG), omit using the EM, and use this at 1-3% in recipes. The problem with using the blend is that the amount of EM that ends up in a recipe is tied to how much TA is used. The more TA you use, the more EM you get as well, which may not be desirable. In omitting it from the TA, you can add EM seperately to the recipe at its own percentage if you want EM.

yooperdad

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
Marquette, MI
www.eyeflies.com
Yeah thats the recipe for tobacco blend. Theres nothing to worry about in mixing it down, theres no nicotine in it, but it does have pure grain alcohol. Dedicate some old mixing gear (syringe,container) to just the TA because it sticks to everything and is difficult to clean up.

An even nicer mixdown is to dilute the 50% TA to 5% using a 1:9 dilution (1 part TA/9 parts PG), omit using the EM, and use this at 1-3% in recipes. The problem with using the blend is that the amount of EM that ends up in a recipe is tied to how much TA is used. The more TA you use, the more EM you get as well, which may not be desirable. In omitting it from the TA, you can add EM seperately to the recipe at its own percentage if you want EM.

I'm learning and am confused by this. I do have TA from MFS. If a recipe calls for 1 drop or .4% do you think the recipe is calling for the TA as is from the bottle? And if I made this dilution and used it, would I then be correct to add 9 or 10 times as much?

Thanks for the help.

marshbunny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
NE GA, USA
It was confusing to me at first. I have only been DIY for 7 months and certainly no expert. I have done extensive research and have come up with a basic recipe for the blend. If you have the MFS Tobacco Blend you just have to add whatever % you want, I use 2% or in your case it would be .4% because the blend is already diluted . If it is the 50% you need to dilute it 1 part TA to 9 part whatever base (pg, vg or PGA). If it is pure then it would be 1 part TA to 19 part whatever base.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Reactions: Mark Russel

yooperdad

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
Marquette, MI
www.eyeflies.com
It was confusing to me at first. I have only been DIY for 7 months and certainly no expert. I have done extensive research and have come up with a basic recipe for the blend. If you have the MFS Tobacco Blend you just have to add whatever % you want, I use 2% or in your case it would be .4% because the blend is already diluted . If it is the 50% you need to dilute it 1 part TA to 9 part whatever base (pg, vg or PGA). If it is pure then it would be 1 part TA to 19 part whatever base.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
What I bought says "MFS-Tobacco Absolute" on the bottle. Does that help?

marshbunny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
NE GA, USA
What I bought says "MFS-Tobacco Absolute" on the bottle. Does that help?

Yes it does help. You have the 50% since the MFS web site states "Pure tobacco absolute is a paste, which makes it hard to deal with. For ease of use this product has been diluted to 50% Pure Tobacco Absolute and 50% USP Grade Propylene Glycol". You could use my recipe above or do as MarkyD suggests and leave out the EM.

I would love to see your recipe. Mine is a simple peach RY4 with 10% DBL RY4, 5% caramel, 2% Tobacca Absolute Blend and .5% peach. It's pretty good but I am always looking for a better recipe.

MarkyD

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
Blue Ridge
I'm learning and am confused by this. I do have TA from MFS. If a recipe calls for 1 drop or .4% do you think the recipe is calling for the TA as is from the bottle? And if I made this dilution and used it, would I then be correct to add 9 or 10 times as much?

It is confusing because some people use either the pure or 50% TA straight up without diluting it. Since the recipe called for such a small percentage, thats probably the case. If your TA is the 50%, I would follow what MB said and dilute it first to 5%, then adjust the recipe up to around 2%. Nearly all my recipes using the diluted TA are around 2-3%. I get the pure TA and have gotten the 50% in the past, I've always diluted them to 5%, its easier to work with and more forgiving about recipe percentages.

Last edited:

yooperdad

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
Marquette, MI
www.eyeflies.com
Yes it does help. You have the 50% since the MFS web site states "Pure tobacco absolute is a paste, which makes it hard to deal with. For ease of use this product has been diluted to 50% Pure Tobacco Absolute and 50% USP Grade Propylene Glycol". You could use my recipe above or do as MarkyD suggests and leave out the EM.

I would love to see your recipe. Mine is a simple peach RY4 with 10% DBL RY4, 5% caramel, 2% Tobacca Absolute Blend and .5% peach. It's pretty good but I am always looking for a better recipe.

This is crazy. Last night I tried some 60/40 unflavored nic at 18 mg, just to try it at the suggestion of another vapor. It's not for me. So this morning I added some TA 2% in 10ml and tried it that way. I was pleasantly surprised as it was kind of sweet and pleasant. So took one step further and added another 2% TFA Black Honey Tobacco. Nice without a steep. Kind of a slight pineapple note to it??? I can vape this as is but will play a little more with it.:)

marshbunny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
NE GA, USA
This is crazy. Last night I tried some 60/40 unflavored nic at 18 mg, just to try it at the suggestion of another vapor. It's not for me. So this morning I added some TA 2% in 10ml and tried it that way. I was pleasantly surprised as it was kind of sweet and pleasant. So took one step further and added another 2% TFA Black Honey Tobacco. Nice without a steep. Kind of a slight pineapple note to it??? I can vape this as is but will play a little more with it.:)
Thanks for reminding me that I made up a huge bottle of TA and tucked it away. I love the taste in any of my tobacco recipes. I have been making candy and bakery juices lately and forgot about I even had the TA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread