Tobacco Taste Testers Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgood1971

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
WV
Ok, I'm taking a 2nd stab at this because my initial reactions are the same as far as what tastes like tobacco but my favorite has changed.

I think VT-3 Tastes the most like tobacco but my initial impression that VT-1 was the best tasting changed.

I can unscientifically verify this by the fact that I had 2 bottles of VT-3, no VT-4, and one each of 1 & 2.

I still have a little VT-1 and most of VT-2, but only maybe enough VT-3 to fill a cart one more time. I would def buy the 3 in 24mg.

My wife 100% agrees with that but she likes the VT-2 as well.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
I still have a little VT-1 and most of VT-2, but only maybe enough VT-3 to fill a cart one more time. I would def buy the 3 in 24mg. .

I think the "which one you run out of first" metric is probably a pretty good one, especially since you ran thru 2 samples of VT-3 :)

Also... that is a very scientific metric... nothing subjective about it at all.

vapordraggin101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
Hi and thanks for letting me review these, which I might add was quite an experience. I used a new joye 510 setup on all 4 at the same time. I also take 3 long drags at a time.

I must say the VAPOR is AWESOME on all, which I haven't found anywhere else.

I have been vaping 24 nic. for 5 months now and have tried some of my friends 11 and 12 nic. and theses all had a very good TH for 11 nic. to me.

#1. The most aroma, flavor and excellant TH for 11 nic.

#2. Aroma and flavor toned down a couple of notches but very nice.

#3. Seemed to be toned down even more but would be a very good lite brand.

#4. No aroma and flavor getting pretty weak.

So my vote is for #1:thumb: and it was the first bottle gone...

This will indeed be interesting to see your decision.

If you can get this kind of vapor out of all your flavors I think my search for juice might just be over.

Good Luck!!!

I Don't Blow Smoke I VAPE!!!

These sure seem to last a long time in the cart., anyone else notice that?

Last edited:

Slickstick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Thanks again for participating!
A few people have not responded but the overwhelming response is for VT3.
So even if they do respond VT3 would most likely win.
I liked it myself.
I am going to go with VT3 and call it "Tobacco Europe".
I will try to improve on this flavor in the future and send "other samples" when people order it to see if they like the samples better.
I will add it to the website sometime today!

Thanks again for participating!

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
Ah ah... the case of the missing eJuice samples has been solved!

A pleasant surprise for me today in my mail box not only contained 4 mini dropper bottles labeled VT1 thru VT4, it also contained a clue as to why the delivery had taken so long to get here! Those darned zip codes make a difference after all :)

Thankfully the postal service figured out the correct zip based on the city/state and eventually it did indeed get here!

I'll give them a whirl and come back to this thread in a couple of days with what I think about the different samples. I don't want to jump to hasty conclusions (I've made that mistake before). I'm started with VT3 since that was winner. I'm happily vaping it on my m401 passthru with a blue foam cart now. I'll be trying these exclusively on m401 attys at lower voltages (m40x batts are about 2.8v, passthru 3.2v) since that's all I have, so my experience may be different from those using other attys or devices that don't temper the power output as much as stock m40x hardware.

Here's some info about the samples that came with the Taste Test package.
All 4 contain the same amount of TA(B), VG, PG, and 12mg of nicotine.
VT1 and VT3 contain Ethyl Maltol Sweetener, VT2 and VT4 do not.
VT3 and VT4 contain additional flavorings.
My main goal is to see which tastes MOST like tobacco.

Last edited:

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
So today I took VT2 and VT4 with me, the two less sweetened flavors. I thought both of them were somewhat sweet even w/o the extra sweetener.

As tobacco flavors go, there are a few different categories: cigarette, pipe, cigar, pure leaf, and candied up in some way. I put these VT samples into the cigarette category. These VT liquids are waaaay better than the two other 2 liquids I've had in that category (DeKang Camel and the USAMix that comes in prefilled carts).

* Between VT2 vs VT4... VT4 wins

These two taste very similar to one another, just a subtle difference that makes VT4 a bit more enjoyable. I ran out of it first during the course of the day. A mild slightly sweet European cigarette flavor is a reasonable description.

Tomorrow I'll take VT1 and VT3 with me, then I'll have a face off between today's winner and tomorrows winner the following day.

Its really nice to have the opportunity to sample these especially since I've tried so few different liquids. Thank you Slickstick!

[edit: i'm not a menthol fan so that's not one of my categories, or may that falls in the candied up in some way category :)]

Last edited:

Slickstick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Thanks!

I didn't try to make a menthol tobacco flavor because blue mist allowed me to sell their "smooth" tobacco/menthol flavor that people liked so much at vapefest.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I was going to ask another very popular vendor, but they can't keep seem to keep stock so I didn't bother.

I'm very glad you said that they are way better than some of the others you have tried.
I must be doing something right.
It seems hours on end in private forums paid off.
I can't wait to hear your decision on the other test flavors.
I am pretty sure I made the right decision going with the vt3.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
Are they sweeter than dekang usamix?

They are all less sweet then the usamix that comes in my prefilled carts (which i assume is dekang). I think the usamix is "sickly sweet", these are not like that. There are bigger differences between the usamix and these samples. They're really cut from a different cloth. The VT samples produce much better vapor (which i'm assuming is the VG) and the flavor is just better (ignoring sweetness). They're in different leagues entirely.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
I must be doing something right.

I think so too, these are nice. I also think its just great that you sell 3ml sample sizes on VAPORHEADS.NET

* Between VT2 vs VT4... VT4 wins (yesterday's contest)
* Between VT1 vs VT3... VT3 wins (today's contest)

VT1 and VT3 are as similar to one another as VT2 and VT4 are to each other, at least according to my taste buds and nose. Just a subtle difference with VT3 being elusively "better" somehow.

I haven't tasted VT3 vs VT4 head to head yet, but I suspect I may come down on the side of VT4 because I like things less sweet generally. But really, you can't go wrong with any of these if you're looking for a mild tobacco cigarette vape.

I'll take 3 and 4 with me tomorrow and see how it goes in the final round :)

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
* Between VT2 vs VT4... VT4 wins (yesterday's contest)
* Between VT1 vs VT3... VT3 wins (today's contest)
I'll take 3 and 4 with me tomorrow and see how it goes in the final round.

* Between VT3 vs VT4... its a DRAW!

I honestly can't discern any difference between the two, so they're one and the same to me. The instructions that came with the samples mentioned that 1 and 3 had a sweetener in them while 2 and 4 did not, and that 3 and 4 had additional flavorings that 1 and 2 did not have. Since they all tasted somewhat sweet (not overly sweet) to me, maybe I got double samples of 1 and 3 labeled as 2 and 4? I was able to discern a subtle difference between (1 and 3) and (2 and 4) respectively, and found the additional flavorings in 3 and 4 to be a good thing.... but between 3 and 4... i can't tell any difference :)

If this were the only liquid in the world, I'd be perfectly happy vaping it till the end of time. It's a nice flavor.

I did some further comparisons with a couple of tobacco flavors that I've been vaping for a couple of weeks now (see my signature). One is a sweetish pipe tobacco flavor and the other is utterly unsweet pure tobacco (no extra anything involved), both are somewhat robust. These VT samples are slightly less sweet than my pipe tobacco flavor and somewhat milder than both.

What I end up doing most of the time is mixing the pure tobacco flavor with other tobacco liquids that have additional stuff in them to either give the pure tobacco liquid more interest or to cut the sweetness/boost the robustness of the other. So I did that with VT4 and it went from a delicate European cigarette to a robust Euro cig.

As my stocks dwindle, I'll probably be getting a full 15ml bottle of this liquid and check out a handful of smaller 3ml samples of as yet unexplored flavors. Does anyone know if the Cherry Tobacco is a sour/black cherry or a sweet cherry flavor?

Thanx Slickstick for the opportunity to try these!

Slickstick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

If this were the only liquid in the world, I'd be perfectly happy vaping it till the end of time. It's a nice flavor.

Whoa your gonna give the new guy a BIG HEAD!

Consider yourself lucky, you received two bottles of vt3.
Someone else got 2 bottles of vt4 by accident and I most likely mislabeled one of the ones you received.

As you can tell the labeling was totally unprofessional I was in a super hurry to get them labeled.

The difference in vt3 and vt4 is that vt3 had sweetener and vt4 didn't. Also, vt4 had more extra flavoring added than vt3. When I say extra flavoring I don't mean extra tobacco flavoring, I mean other flavors. They had the same other flavors added to each, just more to vt4 than vt3.

It gets confusing.

I think if I sweeten vt4 like I did vt3, that would be everybody's favorite.

Looks like free sample bottles of vt5 will be sent with orders of vt3 so see which they like best :)

metalbom

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
Las Vegas
www.rrvaporz.com
Sorry I took so long to give my response, had to take care of someone in my family, stupid asthma. Anyway, vt3 is my favorite, it tastes really good and I could see my self vaping it all day. My second favorite is vt4 followed by vt2 then vt1. I liked them all and they all tasted like tobacco, but my favorite was vt3 by far. Thanks for letting me try these and I hope my post helps a little although you said you already decided on the vt3, which is good, because that's my fav.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread