Travelling with E Cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am travelling from Saskatchewan to the Dominican Republic and would like to take my e cigs and nicotine vaping oil. My questions are Can I travel with these items? Can I travel with the bottled oil or would it be better to take only disposable cartridges? West Jet and Air Canada both say that e cigs may be transported in your carry on as long as they stay stowed and not used. Help I want to travel with my e cigs but don't want them confiscated either leaving Canada or returning,

Hilda

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I fly a fair bit, both in the U.S. and international. There are inconsistencies. Mostly, it is just airline/security people not being familiar. I have run into one that said that I couldn't take my MOD on to the plane with me, but another told him not to worry about it.

I DO try to pack my stuff in different places. Kind of a mix between my pocket, my carry on, and my checked bag. And, in my checked bag, I separate again. I have never lost anything. All my juice is in small bottles and in separate places.

Hope helps.

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
I also have only traveled within the US with e-cigs and juices with no problem. However, I've been reading a lot here in the ECF, and have seen many comments that indicate that, unless the country you are traveling to forbids it, or the airport security people aren't familiar with E-cig items, there will be no problem. And these days, most airpport security personnel are very familiar with e-cig items.

While it's not a total guarantee, you should be fine with taking the items in your carry-on. Here in the states, we have to put our e-liquid in a ziplock baggie, and can only carry so much liquid in that baggie. If your airport security requires something like that, you should comply with what they require.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread