Triton vs G6 for cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR 137

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Albany, NY, USA
Replacing the coil consists of unscrewing the old one and screwing on the new one. Zero mechanical knowledge nor tools needed. Well, I guess you need to know "righty tighty, lefty loosey," but you get the idea.

Check out the "Triton and G6 tank cleaning" thread a page or two back. It'll answer your question better than I can.

PeteC2

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Bristol, CT
Yep, like steve said, just watch and make sure that you don't get a wick caught between the post and where the coil screws in. Duck-soup otherwise unless you can't screw in a light bulb! :) (Got to admit, that took me some learning curve!)

Also keep in mind that the standard resistance of the Triton tank coils is 2.2 to 2.4 ohms. If you find some ejuices are prone to burning, you can order a higher resistance coil that will provide a cooler vape. They also have a lower resistance coil, but I would be cautious there. I can't think of any of my ejuices that would fare well from a lower resistance coil matched to the Triton battery...but YMMV!

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Priceless thread :) I'm on day two of my Triton having migrated from a G6. Before I had a problem in the morning getting my nick hit to wake up with the G6. Not any more with my Triton! The Halo eco system is valuable when you migrate like I did and many others. Love those LR carts on my Triton batteries.

Seems to me the plastic tip is a potential point of failure (?) and Pete mentioned in another thread that he believes the Kanger T2 Aluminum tip, Improved tips for The Kanger T2 2.4ml eGo-CC Clearomizer will work. I've found them from a third party since the mother ship Halo does not sell them. (Please sell them) Has anyone actually used these replacement tips on a Triton? Yes I know about the over tight/crank down issue. Also, I prefer to suck on aluminum all day :) just like the aluminum sealed tips which Halo sells for the G6. :2cool:

PeteC2

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Bristol, CT
Haven't tried the T2 tips...but they should be compatible with the Triton tank.

I have yet to have any problem with the tips, but then I am fairly careful with my vaping gear. I think that with normal usage, the tips should be good for the life of the rest of the tank. Eventually the heat and expansion/contraction will break these down. I expect around an average of 6 months maybe to a year before the tanks themselves give out, which really is not bad at all.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
While it may sound like a good idea, I don't think I'd get an aluminum tip. I've read too many stories about chipped teeth from people car vaping with aluminum tips. Sucking on aluminum also isn't healthy. Sucking on 'aluminum' made in China really, really isn't a good idea. For home use, I would like a ceramic, glass or 304L stainless tip- made in USA. Not sure if anyone makes those, though.

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread