Trying to find a good liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddiezheadiez

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Boston
I just started vaping about two weeks ago. I got a lavatube v2 and a few phoenix rebuildables. I also got a flavor sample pack from virgin vapors. Vanilla, Watermelon, and Thai Mango. The watermelon flavor is pretty good. The others tasted awful though. I'm looking for something less fruity. I was thinking about making some e liquid using homemade herbal glycerin tinctures and then diluting them with plain VG and distilled water (depending on how it comes out). I like the idea of knowing exactly what's in my liquid and also avoiding synthetic chemicals. Anyone try this? Or can anyone reccomend a nice herbal e liquid or at least one that that tastes great?

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
i realize you are new and we dont usually recommend DIY to newbs for at least a few months but if you are pretty handy and have some knowledge already you might want to try it out

ECF has an entire DIY subforum complete with recipes, mixing tips, guides for beginners and lists of what you need to get started...have a look at it and maybe read the stickies, the biggest thing you'll want to focus on is safety, nicotine can be dangerous if not handled properly

good luck

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hi and welcome! As posted above, taste is very subjective - and it can takes quite a while for your taste buds to heal after the damage they incurred from smoking. But since you were a menthol smoker, you have an advantage. Mint and menthol flavors are (in my experience) the easiest flavors to taste. I was fortunate enough to find a juice I liked right off the bat (it's still one of my main vapes) RH Candy Cane by Vixen Vapors. I also like "Cold Fusion" by ECBlend, which you can customize: Cold Fusion - eLiquid - ECBlend

ETA: ECBlend has a 20% coupon code "10020"

eddiezheadiez

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Boston
Thanks a lot guys. I was looking into herbal not so much for taste but for health. But, I decided against DIY liquids and instead decided to try some sample packs. I just ordered a sample pack from Alice in Vapeland after hearing great things about them. I also want to order a sample pack from HHV too. Any reccomendations? I want to try the Gandalf flavor for sure, but other than that I'm open for opinions.

bobbybilly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Chicago
i realize you are new and we dont usually recommend DIY to newbs for at least a few months but if you are pretty handy and have some knowledge already you might want to try it out

ECF has an entire DIY subforum complete with recipes, mixing tips, guides for beginners and lists of what you need to get started...have a look at it and maybe read the stickies, the biggest thing you'll want to focus on is safety, nicotine can be dangerous if not handled properly

good luck

Ahh, good to know information and thanks for sharing it. I'm planning on holding off on any DIY experimentation for probably about 3 months so I'll have a chance to figure out what type of flavors I like to vape. I found out that at least for me just because I like to eat something it doesn't mean I'll like to vape it (i.e. mushrooms, yuck) so I will take the time to learn my preferences from the experts who are selling the juice. I thought I'd looked around the forum subforums pretty good, but I must have missed the DIY section, but now that I know it's there I'll invest some time in learning from those who've been doing it for a while. Thanks for information and for the safety warning.

Rodnaz

Aug 20, 2012
Phoenix Az
Trying to find a good liquid? I think mot of us are, some to sweet some to bitter or harsh. I've only found two vendors I like other than that its a crap shoot. Good reviews makes me think I'd like it but my taste buds are obviously different than other reviewers. When people write a review seldom do they state nic level & percentage of pg- vg.

alegria

Moved On
Nov 8, 2012
Sydney - Australia
AiV has some of the best juices I've tried so far. They even have an herbal/menthol-ish juice available that might be right up your alley, called Cheshire Catnip, though it's not present in their main stable. Look for the red door in the caterpillar's room. :)

I second that - AliceInVapeland has my favourite juices.

And there is a secret room here https://aliceinvapeland.com/caterpillars-apothecary where they have a herbal flavor called "Cheshire Catnip" as you mentioned you want something herbal.

But all their Tea flavors etc from the main page are simply incredible! Give them a shot!

alegria

Moved On
Nov 8, 2012
Sydney - Australia
AiV has some of the best juices I've tried so far. They even have an herbal/menthol-ish juice available that might be right up your alley, called Cheshire Catnip, though it's not present in their main stable. Look for the red door in the caterpillar's room. :)

Grassninja - as you like AiV as I do - I think you might like fanceejuice too.
My second favorite vendor.

Here is some info in case you are interrested:

FanceeJuice Takes Home 7 Spinfuel Choice Awards! - Spinfuel Magazine | Spinfuel Magazine
and the review here : FanceeJuice - The Review - Spinfuel eCigs Magazine | Spinfuel Magazine

Also - Robin931 has a fantastic review up here on ECF http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...iews/358202-fancee-juice-4-flavor-review.html

I think you might like this vendor too :)

alegria

Moved On
Nov 8, 2012
Sydney - Australia
Trying to find a good liquid? I think mot of us are, some to sweet some to bitter or harsh. I've only found two vendors I like other than that its a crap shoot. Good reviews makes me think I'd like it but my taste buds are obviously different than other reviewers. When people write a review seldom do they state nic level & percentage of pg- vg.

Reviews are hard to interpret.

Best to try as many vendors as possible until you find some you love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread