Trying to Make a Purchase Decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been looking around for a good e cigarette for my husband and son. My husband has been smoking (about a pack a day) for 40 years-Kool Filter Kings for many of those. I've been looking at Ever Smoke and Green Smoke. He tried a stint with the NJoys and was very unhappy with the 1.2s. I like Ever Smoke's Home Delivery Program. I like the idea of setting cartridge delivery in motion and then just tweaking it. My son has been smoking for 12 years and is a light smoker. He smokes American Spirits. He is looking to inherit my husband's njoy setup, but I'm not sure that's his best option. Although because we have 7-Eleven's around here that sell the cartridges, it might work. Any ideas? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Darthvong

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Ohio. USA
If you're looking for a mini (cigarette look alike) I would invest in either Smokeless Image Volt kit, Apollos kit or Vapow's Starter kit. Those 3 sites sell the best mini cig. Also you would have the option of using manual batteries (lets you decide how long the drag is) as well as buying blank cartridges (510 Boges) and then you get purchase a wide variety of flavors, nic strengths from different vendors to find that sweet spot combination that works best.

macgyverfc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2012
Narrows, VA
Gotta vouch for the Volt here as well. It's an excellent setup and provides quite the realistic cig feel. The carts taste great and the battery lasts a while depending on how much you drag on it. I was using Kools for years and years. I started out with the menthol/tobacco style flavors and eventually switched to the more fruity flavors as my taste buds finally started to repair themselves. If they decide to step up to something bigger, I'll suggest the eGo or kGo. Those are a whole topic in themselves. +1 on the Volt.

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
I also highly suggest the Volt from smokeless image. The batteries last 2-4 hours, the cartos last a long time and can be refilled several times and rarely burn. Their customer service is second to none as well. They are also very reasonably priced. I also second Kay's recommendation of at least 2 batteries. You can get a nice 2 battery kit starting at $45 and there is also a 15% off coupon. Smokeless image also has a promo in their subforum for a free battery, bottle of juice or pack of cartos just for posting a pic. Below is a video that demonstrates the volt but also talks about everything you need to be successful no matter what company you use. It also shows the X2, which is the same as the kgo, so you can see the difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELM4QhceR7o

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Since your husband is a long time smoker of a pack a day, I would NOT get him a mini-model PV (personal vaperizor). If you get the volt, at least get the larger battery (650 mAh - 1000 mAh) in size and battery life. But once you decide on this better size for his habit, there are several other models in the same physical size that you can also consider: the Kgo 510 and the E-Power 510 are two of them. I would steer clear of the "eGo's" as they have the smallest voltage battery on the market. Here are several well supported suppliers to consider:

http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?page=shop.browse&category_id=31

E-Power Replacable Battery kit!

If he finds that he would like warmer vapor, he might want to consider moving up to a good 5 volt or variable volt/watt model PV.

Good Luck

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
The mini volt batteries have the same power as the kgo, just don't last as long between charges. Personally, I always recommend that cig smokers start with a look al like to help in the transition. Just make sure you get something with 3.6-3.7v. The bloog, halo, v4l, and smokeless image volt all meet that. The cartos are also interchangeable between them all. I recommend SI because they have the best customer service and are the least inexpensive, especially with the 15% off coupon

Fisty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rochester, NY, USA
My fiance and I started on Smoov 808's.. similar little cigarette size/shape deals. Also with blank cartos to fill. It took us all of 2 weeks to upgrade to eGo 650 pass-throughs with clearomizer tanks. So.. the Smoovs got up off the mini cigars but it would have been much cheaper to just get the eGos to start with.
You might want to ask your men how important it is to them that it look like a cigarette.. 'cause going directly to an eGo or kGo (you can get 1100 eGos, and variable voltage eGos, btw) will get them a much more fulfilling experience, and IMO that's more important than how it looks. >And< save you the money on units that will likely only be used for a very short period of time.

Either way you go - definately go with blank cartos and buy juice.. most of the prefilled ones are utterly terrible.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
My fiance and I started on Smoov 808's.. similar little cigarette size/shape deals. Also with blank cartos to fill. It took us all of 2 weeks to upgrade to eGo 650 pass-throughs with clearomizer tanks. So.. the Smoovs got up off the mini cigars but it would have been much cheaper to just get the eGos to start with.
You might want to ask your men how important it is to them that it look like a cigarette.. 'cause going directly to an eGo or kGo (you can get 1100 eGos, and variable voltage eGos, btw) will get them a much more fulfilling experience, and IMO that's more important than how it looks. >And< save you the money on units that will likely only be used for a very short period of time.

Either way you go - definately go with blank cartos and buy juice.. most of the prefilled ones are utterly terrible.

Don't use an ego, get a kgo or an Smokeless image x2. Egos are only 3.3v as opposed to the kgo an x2 which are 3.7

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Since your husband is a long time smoker of a pack a day, I would NOT get him a mini-model PV (personal vaperizor). If you get the volt, at least get the larger battery (650 mAh - 1000 mAh) in size and battery life. But once you decide on this better size for his habit, there are several other models in the same physical size that you can also consider: the Kgo 510 and the E-Power 510 are two of them. I would steer clear of the "eGo's" as they have the smallest voltage battery on the market. Here are several well supported suppliers to consider:

If he finds that he would like warmer vapor, he might want to consider moving up to a good 5 volt or variable volt/watt model PV.

Good Luck

I agree with wv2win. A mini probably wouldn't be a great fit for your husband given his smoking history.

Something like a KGO would be a good fit for him.

I started with an ego with Low Resistance cartomizers. That $30 pv and some decent e-liquid was enough to get me to quit an almost 30 year habit. Didn't have KGO or epowers when I started vaping. He could always pick up an ego twist battery to see if he likes or needs higher voltage to quit or be satisfied.

Your son may love the volt or another type of KR808.

thedigger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2012
Dunkirk, OH
I have been using the VOLT system since April and I love it. I wanted something that looked like a cig but worked well and this more than fit the bill. Huge amounts of vapor and the throat hit made me feel like a was actually smoking. The price is cheaper than far weaker products and you will not find better customer service. I smoked for 23 years and the last 8 were 1.5 packs a day, so don't let that sway the decision for these men. If they want the look and feel of the real ones, I recommend the VOLT. Their smooth sample pack will allow them to try all of the tobacco flavors, which also mattered to me. And as mentioned by others, make sure they get more than one battery, regardless of size, brand or model, always have a second charging. Good luck to you.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I was using Greensmoke but they're way too expensive and they don't sell e-juice. Now I'm using Smokeless Image Volts - they are great, have better flavors, and you can choose battery color. They have blank cartos or clearomisers so you can use juice (easy to do), or you can try juice from other places. I've also order a bigger X2 from them and I can use their parts (cartridges, and and so on with that). I can recommend them. I'd say get your husband Volts and an X2 - he might want the smaller Volts if he goes somewhere he doesn't want to be seen with the bigger X2.

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
Can I ask what your husband didn't like about his first set-up?

I ask because you didn't address what his issue with it was. I also started with a small look alike and while I didn't know what else was out there it worked surprisingly well for what it was and I wanted to quit.

You seem to be doing alot of legwork for them, as we all know you can lead a horse to water.......but the real question is, do they want to do this?

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I like Ever Smoke's Home Delivery Program. I like the idea of setting cartridge delivery in motion and then just tweaking it.

Whatever you do, do get involved in some sort of home delivery program-although I'm not familiar with that name.

I love vaping- it's the best thing I've ever done for myself. But you/he has to be realistic, vaping is a little more involved than opening a pack of cigarettes.

Most is done online. You don't know if you'll like something until you send for it and try it. There is a certain amount of fiddling around with equipment involved. But it the long run, it's worth it.

If you think he won't be willing to do that, the Volt type kits with prefilled cartomizers are about the easiest I guess.

Last edited:
Actually they both want to do this very much. My son quit for a month and started back due to a bit of stress. My husband also very much wants to quit but is afraid to gain weight. We have a family contracting business and they are both very busy with that. I manage the office, so they are both used to me doing a bit of the legwork ;-)

The original setup was an NJoy from about a year and a half ago. We got the 1.2 cartridges which was definitely not enough for my husband so he didn't use it and time passed without following up.

You will definitely be hearing from my husband on the forum when he figures out which way he wants to go.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
....The original setup was an NJoy from about a year and a half ago. We got the 1.2 cartridges which was definitely not enough for my husband so he didn't use it and time passed without following up.

You will definitely be hearing from my husband on the forum when he figures out which way he wants to go.

Those 12 mg (1.2) nicotine strength carts were part of the problem, along with the fact that Njoy is one the least recommended models on the market.

Most new vapers, especially long time smokers, need to start out with around 24 mg nicotine strength eliquid (2.4). And using carts (required with the Njoy) is the least effective way to vape. If you use any of the models recommended in this thread, they can use cartomizers (cart & atomizer built together) as a much preferred starting method for new vapers.

Remember, they can always lower their nicotine strength if they need to, but they can't make it higher. Plus buying eliquid and filling blank cartomizers is much cheaper and provides a better vape than prefilled carts. Also, stick with manual batteries NOT auto batteries. Manuals provide more control, warmer vapor and are safer.

Last edited:

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas

Good Luck
Have to agree with this thought . If you get something too small . it won't satisfy him for very long , and you will be looking for something bigger and better . And The E-power is a good choice , as is the " Bolt" with the extension , so it will utilize the larger batteries .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread