Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I would also recommend the Kgo or E-Power. Same unit except replacement batts for Kgo are $18.00 while E-Power batts are 2 for $9.00. Once you receive the stater kit everyone can then decide on the pros and cons.
Good Luck.
Realize 100 mah= 1 hr normal vaping before batts need recharge. Also understand the Kgo and E-Power accept 510 accessories- the most popular threading.

Last edited:

kingcobra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Canada
Why not give them a choice of power with the ego twist. I'm not sure why anyone would want this stuff, I know that some people like the volt kit but it's just a matter of time before they will want to move up to something better. I was skeptical about the twists but decided to get a couple and they don't vape as well as my Darwin but they are good enough to use them when I want something smaller in my shirt pocket. I think that even beginners can start with this stuff and some kind of carto to go with it depending on your level of sophistication.

Fisty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rochester, NY, USA
We're probably talking a bit over the OP's head.. The main reason people are suggesting higher voltage (or variable voltage like the eGo twist which can go pretty high) is higher voltage gives more and hotter vapor generally. It also gives more "throat hit", which is important for some people to simulate smoking. Your husband is likely to take to vaping much easier with less withdrawl problems using a higher voltage device than the little cigarette sized ones. mAh determines how long the battery will last before it needs to be recharged, obviously the higher mAh the bigger the battery/overall device is. With things like eGos they keep the same diameter (for the most part, there are a few exceptions) but get longer. Other than my very expensive Zenesis rebuildable (which is not a starter PV by any means) I'm using an eGo 1100 mAh with 12mg nicotine juice (I stepped down from 18mg, I was about a pack a day smoker 3 months ago). The battery goes quite a long time before it needs to be charged. If you were to go with this setup you husband would probably need about 24mg nic juice, and your son 18mg. But it would be better overall to get a twist for them if you go with an eGo so they can get the higher voltage if they need it.

Whatever you go with make sure each man has at least 2 batteries and a car charger if they only have access to their vehicles and/or wall charger adapters if the devices come with usb chargers. Most kits will come with all this except the car charger. I've seen car lighter to usb adapters at several local gas stations which would work if you can't get them with the PVs. Nothing will force a smoker back to the stinkies faster than running out of batteries at work. If they will have no way of charging a battery at work in a pinch get them 3 batteries each, it's an extra expense but worthwhile.. and if they end up not needing them or switching to a different device eventually you can sell them on the classifieds here and get back a good portion of the money.

As far a withdrawls and transitioning.. a lot of people take to it right away, some people have problems. There are other alkaloids in cigarettes other than just nicotine. Most e-juice only has the nicotine. There are special types of juices that contain the other alkaloids. So have them try with the regular juice first, if they're have a really hard time come back and poke us for more information about those special juices to ease the transition. Also - don't beat them up, and don't let them beat themselves up if they don't do a 100% transition right away. Every stinky avoided is a triumph.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Whatever you do, do get involved in some sort of home delivery program-although I'm not familiar with that name.

I love vaping- it's the best thing I've ever done for myself. But you/he has to be realistic, vaping is a little more involved than opening a pack of cigarettes.

Most is done online. You don't know if you'll like something until you send for it and try it. There is a certain amount of fiddling around with equipment involved. But it the long run, it's worth it.

If you think he won't be willing to do that, the Volt type kits with prefilled cartomizers are about the easiest I guess.

Sorry, can't edit- I meant DO NOT get involved in a home delivery program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread