URL & Login Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Virginia
I'm not sure whether this is a new issue or some result of changes on my end. When I access ECF using Chrome, for whatever reason, my location bar always autotypes e-cigarette-forum.com without the "www" at the beginning. Lately, when I access that way, no matter how many times I check the "Remember Me" box, it never remembers me; I have to login, and when I do, I'm redirected to a bad page (like an expired search). But if I go out of my way to use the full "www..." version of the URL, it logs me in automatically. I'm assuming this is some sort of cookie issue, and I'm not sure but it seems to be associated only with Chrome. I'd classify this as a buglet at worst, but if it has to do with cookie-setting on the ECF end and there's an easy fix, it would be a welcome one.

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
^ Just tested it on Chrome and it works fine for me. If clearing cookies and cache through the browser doesn't help and you are on windows I would suggest using a utility like CC cleaner to "deep clean" your cookies and cache. Not experiencing this issue on the Linux build of chrome...

PaulB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Virginia
^ Just tested it on Chrome and it works fine for me. If clearing cookies and cache through the browser doesn't help and you are on windows I would suggest using a utility like CC cleaner to "deep clean" your cookies and cache. Not experiencing this issue on the Linux build of chrome...

I'm using the Linux (Ubuntu) version as well. (Not a big Linux guy, but it's helpful on my underpowered netbook...) I'll try clearing the stuff. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread