Status
Not open for further replies.

anotheraznguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
Tracy, CA
www.team-upscale.com
So I have the vamo and protank setup. When I use it, it seems too airy. I also have a ego twist as well. When I use the supplies vanity ring on the twist the draw is not as airy and it doesn't seem to hurt my throat as it does when I take a draw with the vamo. The vamo draw is substantially lighter. Both are set to 4.8v and the vamo is in Rms mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe there are vanity rings for the vamo? My vivi nova has zero issues with the vamo. Thanks

Fludrby

Jan 1, 2013
Windsor, SC
So I have the vamo and protank setup. When I use it, it seems too airy. I also have a ego twist as well. When I use the supplies vanity ring on the twist the draw is not as airy and it doesn't seem to hurt my throat as it does when I take a draw with the vamo. The vamo draw is substantially lighter. Both are set to 4.8v and the vamo is in Rms mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe there are vanity rings for the vamo? My vivi nova has zero issues with the vamo. Thanks

I would bring you voltage down to 4.0 or even down to 3.8 on the Vamo, just because it is the Vamo, I vape the Kanger pro at 3.8 on my Vamo and its great.

sintorn

Unregistered Supplier
May 18, 2013
CN
www.jufren.com
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

nuttyriv3r

Verified Member
May 9, 2013
Worcester, MA
There's comments in other threads which discuss ways to reduce airiness. There's a youtube video which shows a method of punching a hole through a piece of plastic for the threads to fit through which makes the Protank sit more flush on the Vamo giving a tighter draw. I'm on a tablet, so can't effectively link to these things. Sorry.

Edit:
Good thread. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=407094 Kanger protank - disappointed.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLUvXy2lCoM

Last edited:

anotheraznguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
Tracy, CA
www.team-upscale.com
I am going to try the link that katya provided. That was what I was hoping they made. Which would also work pretty good for other tanks as well. Gonna grab that and see how it works. I personally have no issues with the draw of the protank when it is on the ego with the vanity trim. If the airflow controller can get similar results. I am sold.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I am going to try the link that katya provided. That was what I was hoping they made. Which would also work pretty good for other tanks as well. Gonna grab that and see how it works. I personally have no issues with the draw of the protank when it is on the ego with the vanity trim. If the airflow controller can get similar results. I am sold.

But you're not planning to use it on your eGos, are you?

asf146

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
yukon, oklahoma
good ol' electrical tape around the bottom of the protank ought to work,..... no im just kidding really lol.

I have the same exact setup as you. RMS mode and everything. i keep it at 8 or 8.5 watts. airy draw, but it doesnt bother me at all, as long as the hit is good and the taste is good.
no throat issues here to report though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread