Vamo V3 Harshness and Protank Dullness....please help me bros and sises

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtweedieiii

Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Richmond, VA
I had an eGo twist starting out, worked grreat! THen broke so I bought an iTaste MVP, works perfectly. I got my Vamo V3 in the mail from fasttech and I can't help but to notice how harsh the hits seem on the same voltage and tank setup that I had on my previous mods... Any help would be appreciated. Also, the Protank has such an airy draw and tastes like nothing, any help?

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
Can you check the voltage of the vamo then? Basically, is your ohm meter a multi meter? If you crank the voltage down some, does it taste any better?

If you search for 'airy protank' I think you will find several threads about how to tighten up the draw. You can block some air holes, use an evod head, or buy a air flow regulator adapter. There may be other options, I can't remember.

danny4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
London
Use a multimeter and check if the V3 AND the iTaste are firing at the proper voltage under no load. You'll probably find setting the same voltage for both will give you different readings. Adjust the voltage of each device to your taste accordingly.

PITA, yes, but issues like that are part of vaping. Regarding the protank, most people find it "flavourfull" whereas I find it mutes the juices for me. So don't worry about it. Try other delivery systems and see which suits you.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Could be one has less voltage drop than another.
Heck, could even be clean connectors on the Vamo vs oxidized on the eGo.
Or one more accurate than another.

The only real way to tell is to compare the two, under load, with a meter. However, since the eGo is broke...just adjust the new one to taste and don't over think the comparisons.

IDK about that tank. The old way, back in the day, is to plug an air hole or restrict it.

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    This is purely speculative and anecdotal, but I thought Id throw it out there.

Just started using a Vamo V3 yesterday. I found it to be INCREDIBLY harsh with three different juices. Like real harsh.

Over the course of the day, and till now, its gotten better and better, to where Im taking HUGELY massive pulls with stupid vapor clouds.

Maybe the Vamo V3 needs a break-in period? It makes no sense.. but, hey, crazier things happen everyday.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2010
    Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
    This is purely speculative and anecdotal, but I thought Id throw it out there.

Just started using a Vamo V3 yesterday. I found it to be INCREDIBLY harsh with three different juices. Like real harsh.

Over the course of the day, and till now, its gotten better and better, to where Im taking HUGELY massive pulls with stupid vapor clouds.

Maybe the Vamo V3 needs a break-in period? It makes no sense.. but, hey, crazier things happen everyday.

Hmmm. Let's see what happens when you recharge it.......

Does it have a "Just use battery voltage" mode? (should be regulated, but....??????)

Griff.J

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 14, 2013
    ON Canada
    One of the advantages of using a Vamo is to vape using wattage. Voltage is relative (when dealing with different atomizers and ohms), wattage is what makes your coils glow. Perhaps and this is just a suggestion from a noob, but the whole reason I've ordered a Vamo V3 is to vape by adjusting to the wattage you like, and letting the Vamo adjust the voltage automatically depending on the resistance of the atomizer you're using.

Last edited:

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 3, 2013
    Michigan
    Please ignore the responses above that talk about AVG and RMS mode. Version 3 of the Vamo only has RMS mode, so you can't change. What voltage are you using and what resistance are your tanks? You may have better results with the power or wattage adjusting. It is the same concept as voltage. You just change it according to taste.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread