Vamo V5 Mod kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

xalksx

Feb 20, 2015
Scotland
Hi folks .

Just wanting to ask a few basic questions .So i ordered my first Kanger evod a few months ago .But the liquids i was getting just was not cutting it for me however i went back on the cigs after a week.Now im back vaping i ordered a kanger glass evod and started vaping with that however the battery is getting so hot its like its gonna go bang so ordered the Vamo V5 kit.

Is this a good kit for someone at my level and is it pretty easy to use,right now im tinkering around with liquids and have got one i like just now but all the pg/vg Is kind of confusing for me anyway and the website im using to order seems to treat me a bit like "You should no this" I have a sweet tooth so love all the caramel /cappuccino liquids

I was vaping pg65/vg35 Strawberry milkshake and it was really good but costing £6 for 10ml ive found this site thats doing other flavours for around £5 for 30mls
I suppose what im asking is ,is the vapo v5 a good kit and why is the battery on my kanger evod getting so hot and what should i be vaping if i love the thick sweet type stuff also sorry if im coming across as dumb .

Vaping for a few months on and of
20mg
Kanger Evod
Now on 50/50 pg/vg

xalksx

Feb 20, 2015
Scotland
Well i got this Kanger glass mod the other day been vaping none stop on it for say 3 days ..Yea LT e-cigs is who ive started using they seem reasonable yea ?

So i guess i better stop vaping so much on the same Atomizer head ? its the duel 1.5 coils im using ..In hot i mean about touching the side of a boiling kettle ..Or if a plugs been plugged in to long and it goes hot or erm when a laptop goes hot type hot think you get my drift .Will the vamo 5 help with this .Cheers for the fast reply

It does cool down if i put it down for about 30 seconds . .

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
dragon welcome2.jpg
Hi xalksx and welcome aboard!

From your description, I'm a bit confused. Is it the battery (the part you hold in your hand) or the atomizer (the part that goes on top of the battery, including the part that goes in your mouth) that's getting hot?

If it's the atomizer more than the battery, you aren't giving it enough time between vapes to cool off a bit.

I also had to kind of chuckle when you said it cools down if you put it down for about 30 seconds. You must be just starting out, and chain vaping is a habit that's kind of hard to break when first starting out. I know it was for me. Chain vaping can also lead to burnt wicks/coils - not very pleasant.

By all means, try to learn to "put it down" for a bit between vapes. Oxygen is good, too :)

Hope this helps and Happy Vaping!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
..Yea LT e-cigs is who ive started using they seem reasonable yea ?

Hard to go wrong with LT. Not many exciting flavours, but decent enough.

I've swapped my Tobacco, Mint and Apple flavours from LT to onepoundeliquid LiQuid.

Caramel and Lime still coming from LT though.

Not sure about the heat problem. If it's the atomizer, then a Vamo won't help, but once you've got the Vamo, you can get a better tank, I guess. ??

xalksx

Feb 20, 2015
Scotland
LOL yea its the bit that goes on the top sorry .The kanger evod tank not the battery

I did read up about burnt throat with vaping allot but like you say its a habit i need to get out of its the taste im hooked on the taste .Even just sitting with it in my mouth like a old man puffing his pipe (thats what im like)

As for the liquids .Right LT say i get some apple pie liquid .And i want to sweeten it up can i just buy concentrates ?

Also its the vamo 5 kit im buying it comes tomorrow i sort of thought no point getting the newest/dearest one out so decided at £37 ish it would be fine ..

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
Glad to hear that it's the top part and not the battery. At least it's not a defective battery about to go south on you. :)

Yes, you can get concentrates to add to your juices. From what I've read here, be careful, though. Apparently more is not always better. Adding too much can lead to muted flavors or a chemical taste, so I'd say add just a drop or two at a time.

Again, that's just from what I've read and not any actual experience, since I haven't started DIY'ing yet. I do sometimes mix one bought flavor with another, and hav come up with some nice concoctions. :)

Last edited:

xalksx

Feb 20, 2015
Scotland
Cheers well i got my Vamo V5 Mod kit

It come with a small battery and a big one and a charger ..It also come with two viva nova heads .First of i tried some caramel from LT.Im not sure if its just that liquid but im getting a burning taste .In saying that i got that from there cappuccino until i done a little tampering.

Im using the kanger pro tank 3 Mini and what can i say lovely read it was gonna be confusing about the voltage etc but to me it seems trial and error .For what i paid for the whole set up i cannot complain (Yea friends think im smoking a vibrator but there smoking cigs)

So now jumping between my kanger set up and the vamo .I would say if anyone is moving to mods (for starters or dumb people like me) this is pretty much straight forward .But again everyone to there own :) .

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Cheers well i got my Vamo V5 Mod kit

It come with a small battery and a big one and a charger ..It also come with two viva nova heads .First of i tried some caramel from LT.Im not sure if its just that liquid but im getting a burning taste .In saying that i got that from there cappuccino until i done a little tampering.

Do I take it the Vamo came with a Vivi Nova clearomiser? They can be a little pesky at times. You might get lucky.

Which Caramel did you get? I've been vaping Caramel Deluxe today... I love that stuff! :)

xalksx

Feb 20, 2015
Scotland
Normal Caramel from LT cigs .I got the cappuccino but added a nice butterscotch/cuppicino to it which made it even better

Yea the vamo come with the Vivi Nova Clerimosier.Sorry for the bad spelling ..Birthday hic hic .Ive ordered allot of things from ltecigs and going to potter around with Liquids and some flavoring .

I was reading that some laptop battery's can work on the Mods .So i ripped my 2013 laptop battery appart and something sparked .I read up and seen battery's can explode ..So im kinda scared to even try them ..I will just continue chargin the 2 battery's i have .Jeez that reply went all over :/ lol

xalksx

Feb 20, 2015
Scotland
I bought my vamo v5 from Amazon

So i decided like i say to take battery's out a relatively new laptop .They battery is near on the same except the color it have a protective film on it .
No online it says "use protected battery's" .And a few videos ive seen protective Batterys are what i got with the vamo v5 ..Lithium protected battery's

Im new to this as ule no but why would u not yous protective/Protected Batterys in the vamo 5 ? I cough the light on the green battery which says irc 18560 .

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Ps.Do not want to sound cheeky in my posts i do take your advice on board just wondering what the difference is in batterys .And if its about buying the right battery i will be doing so ..I just do not see a difference in these .

If they are the same length, then chances are they are both either protected (with an extra safety chip, making them a little longer) or they are unprotected.

I wouldn't use a protected battery in a Vamo, or SID or Evic. It will mess with the inbuilt safety on the mod.

xalksx

Feb 20, 2015
Scotland
Thanks for the reply's guys .

First of im thinking that there both protected ..Just with them being the same leanth and also the videos ive watched

Now im scared my kits going to explode :/ ..I did buy it from a UK vendor (I no this means nothing) If its ok i will post the link or some pics on what actually come with the whole set up ..I do not want to be vaping dangerously .I guess im a bit slow in catching up with how powerful one of these battery's can be if they explode ..Here is a picture of everything ive got .... 71ZrRUu6t9L._SL1500_.jpg

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thanks for the reply's guys .

First of im thinking that there both protected ..

Deep breath... I'm sure it's all going to be fine.

The blue batteries are Trustfire, typically bundled with Vamo kits.

It's the other ones I would like to clear up information on. The green Samsungs are ICR 22FM. Those are coming up as "Protected" and should not be used.

The grey one? can you post the numbers/letters on the side of that one?

xalksx

Feb 20, 2015
Scotland
Im going to go with what ive read online and not worry to much about it .My main problem when using the e-cig was the chemistry side .I just wanted a cig i could use without to much research however i have read and watched about the saftey side of things ..And the laptop battery's i would say are about 3 weeks old .I say this because when i bought the laptop i took the charger out right away used it of the plug and i see one website selling them at this ...

SAMSUNG ICR18650-22F £5.99
3.6V, 2200mAh, MAX 4.4A DISCHARGE
AVAILABLE WITH BUTTON OR FLAT

Ive charged them and they seem to be good .I wont charge them and leave them i will always stick to all the safety guidance lol

I am a worrier ..However im sure now the vamo v5 is not going to explode after watching one video it felt like i had a bomb in my hand :| ..And sort of freaked me but im going to keep dabling away see how it goes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread