VAPERS NEEDED FOR RESEARCH STUDY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaperspective

Feb 3, 2016
Are you 18 years of age or older?
Have you used an electronic cigarette/electronic vaping device in the past month?

We are looking for vapers to describe their experiences with vaping, including positive, exciting, and enjoyable aspects of vaping in an online study. Participants will be compensated for their time.

For more information, email vaperspective [at] vcu.edu

Virginia Commonwealth University, Department of Psychology

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mrsobie

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
doesn't sound very scientific. Our ramblings can't be quantified. I made a faint hearted effort to find a web page about this. Nothing so far.

There are no details. Saying they are paying money could just mean, how much money would it take for you to be a sell out? I won't be helping anyone whose goal might be to hurt what I care about. Now that I think about it, the ONLY medical researcher I trust on this topic is Dr F. If he checks this out and says we should consider participating then, ok. Otherwise...

Last edited:

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
  • Deleted by Oliver

Flawedatdesign

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2015
Missouri
doesn't sound very scientific. Our ramblings can't be quantified. I made a faint hearted effort to find a web page about this. Nothing so far.

There are no details. Saying they are paying money could just mean, how much money would it take for you to be a sell out? I won't be helping anyone whose goal might be to hurt what I care about. Now that I think about it, the ONLY medical researcher I trust on this topic is Dr F. If he checks this out and says we should consider participating then, ok. Otherwise...

Not trying to start a debate but what if the information is able to be used for a positive side of vaping? If Honest people participate it could be beneficial to the whole vaping community.

Reactions: pwheeler

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Shoulda like someone
FYI, we've approved this study posting. Looks to be a goodun, please take part (if you have time) :)

I would love to be involved but would need more accurate information.

Psychological profiles like these are rarely used for anything good.

They are usually ineffective and biased, and used to make sweeping generalizations.

What's the purpose of the study?

What's the question the study seeks to answer?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Dropped them an email...............will see what I can add.

Shoulda like someone

They are usually ineffective and biased, and used to make sweeping generalizations.

May be able to provide some answers once online on the survey ;)
Probably not though:eek:

Last edited:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I wrote to the email address and got an automated response as follows.

"Thank you for your interest in the Vaperspective Study! If there are spots available we will contact you within 2 business days. If you do not receive an email back within that time frame, either you are not eligible or there are no longer spots available in the study. Thank you for your time.

Have a great day,

Vaperspective Study Staff"

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I wrote to the email address and got an automated response as follows.

"Thank you for your interest in the Vaperspective Study! If there are spots available we will contact you within 2 business days. If you do not receive an email back within that time frame, either you are not eligible or there are no longer spots available in the study. Thank you for your time.

Have a great day,

Vaperspective Study Staff"

Same thing I got :blink:

How would they know if I am eligible if they don't ask me questions? :ohmy:

Virginia Commonwealth Univ. :glare:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Same thing I got :blink:

How would they know if I am eligible if they don't ask me questions? :ohmy:

Virginia Commonwealth Univ. :glare:
If you don't get that email in two days it will be because you aren't one of the cool vapers. Hopefully you can live with yourself after that.

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
Shoulda like someone

I trust NO ONE..

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
Yeah, I think it's a little suspect that the auto-response cites eligibility as a requirement for participation but lists no criteria to meet the requisite eligibility.

Absent said criteria, it's reasonable to conclude that participation may be limited to individuals whose online or social media comments are consistent with Vaperspective's desired outcome.

Nonetheless, I sent an email. :confused:

Reactions: daviedog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread