Status
Not open for further replies.

iBANKAI

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2010
Hawaii
a6cd889f-ccd1-0ce9.jpg
This is my "man purse"..it's like a fanny sling messenger bag..holds everything for me..keys..wallet..money..all of my PVs..juice..whatever u want..and it's made by oakley..got this a present and it serves me well.

Last edited:

roxics

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Detroit MI
I've hung out with manly-men most my life, and that's guy-talk/humor. If you're offended, please accept my apology.

No don't get me wrong I'm not offended by it. But I'll put it to you this way. My dad passed away a few years ago and this year my mom had a major stroke, I've had friends die from gun shots and others fall into suicidal depression and drugs. I've experienced quite a bit in my 32 years here. All of these things have made me realize just how short life really is and just how stupid our society views certain things. Rather than limit our experiences, why don't we try new things? Especially things that aren't going to hurt us or anyone else. Why succumb to fear and rejection? To me it's far more manly to seize the world and step into the light. To forget about what small minded people think. You know the old saying "Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

So my goal has been to challenge my world view. The minute I find myself about to mock something, I research it. I think about it and I figure out whether or not it's something I should try myself.

My initial response wasn't directed at you personally. I was speaking in general about people with limited world views.

By the way, don't use the phrase "fanny-pack" in the UK, as the word "fanny" has rather a different connotation there than it does here. One that would most certainly elicit laughter, especially if you're trying to maintain a macho image. :laugh: Personally, though, I'm all in favor of purses for dudes. I hate it when I try to cuddle with my boyfriend and he has to empty all the bulky cr*p out of his pockets first!

Dj Xy

I'm winning like Charlie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
baltimore, maryland
I got a mini "back pack" at rite-aid its small has 3 compartments plus a small mess outer pocket, a carry handle, belt loop, and clip to attach it to whatever I use small pocket for attys and small stuff, medium for batteries, and larger for juices, plus theres another pocket in the large one the great for my backups (egos)
it only cost 5 bucks, and its camo

x-smok3

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Tennessee
So we walk around proudly sucking on something that looks like an eyeliner, pipe bomb, walkie talkie, or whatever your PV style is (yes I refrained from the seedier references) but we are worried about what to carry it in because of what people will think. Carry a murse if that is your thing, F em if they can't take a joke. If you want to look manly get a laptop computer bag, everyone will think your a workaholic and your boss will think your taking your work home with you and give you a promotion (bosses are so easy, I know I are one). I am 46 years old and long ago stopped caring what other people thought of me.

tiffytiff

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2009
Wheeling WV
So we walk around proudly sucking on something that looks like an eyeliner, pipe bomb, walkie talkie, or whatever your PV style is (yes I refrained from the seedier references) but we are worried about what to carry it in because of what people will think. Carry a murse if that is your thing, F em if they can't take a joke. If you want to look manly get a laptop computer bag, everyone will think your a workaholic and your boss will think your taking your work home with you and give you a promotion (bosses are so easy, I know I are one). I am 46 years old and long ago stopped caring what other people thought of me.

yes i too am seeing with age comes a certain, i don't give two sh:censored:ts attitude. kind of nice....i could not care less what people think. very liberating :)

this is an awesome thread, i'm surprised though, seems to invoke quite a bit of emotion :blink:

i love the idea, gonna say it again, wish my husband would pick one up and stop filling mine with all his junk!

Eddie.Willers

ECF Wiki SysOp
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
Prairie Canada
Tired of guessing..:) What does DH mean? ....

I see no one answered warlike's question, so...

DH - Dear Husband
DW - Dear Wife
SWMBO - She Who Must Be Obeyed (alias, the wife)
OH - Other Half

In the UK, a 'fanny pack' was usually known as a 'bum bag' on account of 'fanny' meaning female genitalia in British English (just as '...' means cigarettes - Limeys have some strange expressions)

algriff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Yonkers, NY
This is what I use. I need 2 mods at all times, 6 batts, 10 attys at least, 10 bottles of juice at least. (I know), small multimeter.

dspin-albums-mod-pics-picture32909-511-push-pack.jpg
[/IMG]

Where did you get that bag?? I'll be honest I carry a back pack with me at all times and it's a pain. I'm a 37 year old man carrying a back pack...At least this one is very guyish.ahha

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
So I'm sick of carrying around all my crap in my jean pockets. As a vaper this is even more cumbersome because of all the batteries, juice and parts we also carry with us. The biggest pain is trying to dig your e-cig or your phone out of your jeans pocket while driving. I decided to buy a purse.

I found this one at Walmart. It was $8.88 and comes in either camo green or tan. It's small, made of canvas and has a long strap on it where you wear it sling style over your neck and under your arm. Big enough to carry my wallet, iPhone, multiple riva/ego batteries, juice, my inhaler and some prescription drugs. I plan to pick up an Omega or Silver Bullet pretty soon and it would be big enough to carry one of those as well. Just figured I would pass it along for anyone in need of a small bag for this kind of stuff.

Picture attached.
View attachment 52665

Personally, we dudes carry a lot of crap these days yet we still keep telling ourselves it's not cool to carry a purse/bag with us. It's the 21st century. We've got to stop being stupid and making things hard on ourselves.

Stop wearing tight pants :)

newplague

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2010
Oregon
Where did you get that bag?? I'll be honest I carry a back pack with me at all times and it's a pain. I'm a 37 year old man carrying a back pack...At least this one is very guyish.ahha

Maxpedition Gear is awesome stuff. I have one I carry everyday (pic on page 7). Mine even has a pouch for your concealed weapon if that's your thing.

Maxpedition.com - MAXPEDITION HARD-USE GEAR Tactical Nylon Gear for Military, Law Enforcement, Tactical Concealed Carry; Tailored to Perform Tactical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread