Vaping whilst Driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobreak1970

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2013
Hartford, Alabama USA
I almost had an accident on the highway this morning..!
I took a deep lung hit on my Aspire Atlantis...and ..exhaled a monster cloud ...
I could not see anything from the windshield ..I heard onlyThe sound of car horns ..

Been there but there was no traffic around me. Just cows in my rural area.
Try it at 32 degrees F. Now that'll fog the window.

Be safe. I drip and drive sorta. I drip at stop lights. ;)

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
I've had issues even running my Nautilus on my MVP 2.0. It doesn't obstruct for long but certainly long enough if I ever had to make a split second driving decision.

Cracking the window is a good idea but certainly doesn't always work right when using higher watts. I say turn your mod down or stick a more modest setup in your car to specifically use for vaping & driving.

The absolute last thing we need is a terrible accident resulting in serious injury, death and more bad vaping headlines. For I never had an issue with obstructed vision, back when I used a Kanger eVod 650. I've recently brought mine out of retirement and put it in my center console.

Last edited:

VapinWolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Grand Bay, Alabama USA
The ANTZ really have no ammo from this type of activity. Yes, it is irresponsible, dangerous, and wow, it is already illegal. Research your state laws, it is illegal on public roads to do anything that takes away from the focus of driving. Drinking (anything, not just alcohol), eating, reading, putting on make-up, reaching for cd's, changing clothes, shaving, any sexual acts, etc etc etc. As a professional driver I have seen it all. People die every day doing something there is already a law imposed for so as to protect them from themselves. The bodies and parts of bodies are hard to forget.
Hands in the 9 and 3 position, anything that prevents that is not legal.
Of course I drive with one hand on the wheel, one grasping my vape (death grip, if I wreck I don't want to lose it)
When driving a semi I shift gears while holding my vape. Habit. :facepalm:

towelie

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2014
In a cloud
Dude then why cellphone statutes in some states, shifting gears totally takes a hand off the wheel. Visit California sometime and tell me about ANTZ and car nazi's in general. You have to have your kid in a car seat here until they're 16 and if your pickup truck doesn't have a camper on it you have to run commercial tags. Not exactly ANTZ material but needless regulation nonetheless.

Strings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2014
Manitowoc WI USA
Towlie, Cali laws tend to be a bit... strange at times.

Remember: you're talking about the state that made it illegal to kill someone while carjacking them. The Cali legislature actually felt the need to spend the time drafting and passing this as a separate law (I guess plain murder wasn't illegal enough)

KLR650Tagg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2014
Springfield MO.
Put your vape down and drive. It's not going to grow legs and run away.

I wonder if anyone ever said something similar in a cell phone forum?
Nah! Probably not.
Even the police are constantly on their cellphones while driving, light years more dangerous IMHO!
Having said that, i vape while riding unless im maneuvering!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread