Vapor Cabinet And Docking Station Construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
As many of you know I am planning on building a Vapor Cabinet/Docking Station and that I am building this from scratch. No diagrams, plans or kits.

I have had a lot of ideas thrown at me from friends and from friends I have made on the site here.

I was going to go with my idea of a night club setting with the stage being the center point. I have decided against that for several reason. One of them being in order to run all of the multi colored stage lighting, bar lighting and then speakers etc, etc, etc... That would be a lot of un-necessary work with all of the wiring.

I have decided to go with the liquor cabinet idea. This will still have the mirror in the back and each shelf will have its own lighting. There will be small speakers installed that you will be able to hook up to an Ipod or MP3 player, it will be completely sanded, stained and varnished and the cabinet doors will be a surprise for I am designing them special....

I have begun to draw out my design, which I can do with my right hand, and will be obtaining all materials Weds of next week. And will probably start building Next Friday. I will be building 2 of them. One with a mirror and one without... The one with the mirror can be negotiated fairly. I do want to keep one of them.

I will take pics from beginning to end and post them as I go so you can see the progress.

And for those of you that don't know: 75% of the work that will be done on this will be done one handed. I will allow absolutely no one to help me. This will be one of my achievements since my accident and 2 failed attempts to repair the shoulder...

And as Yoda says below:

Last edited:

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
I picked up a drill press and some forstner bits today, hope to put something together tomorrow for the desk here, combi monitor stand, mod rack, and juice holder, I hope to get some room back on my desk for the keyboard :)

Cool deal. Don't have a drill press YET. So everything has to be done with hand tools.

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
I thought about it, but it's hard to do forstners by hand, my plan is to clamp the top and bottom together, and drill through the top to the 1/2 through the bottom (3/4 hardwood plywood left over from the kitchen cabinets) so a press makes things easier. picked up a cheap one (129) from home depot. Besides, it gave me a good reason to pick up a new toy :)

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
I thought about it, but it's hard to do forstners by hand, my plan is to clamp the top and bottom together, and drill through the top to the 1/2 through the bottom (3/4 hardwood plywood left over from the kitchen cabinets) so a press makes things easier. picked up a cheap one (129) from home depot. Besides, it gave me a good reason to pick up a new toy :)

LOL Yeah I can understand and relate. I kinda spoiled myself today to..... Its fun isn't it... LMAO. The next time I spoil myself will be with a new Toyota Tundra and a new Drum Kit... Hopefully next month on my Birthday... WOOOOHOOOO

Patkid

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Rockford, IL
As many of you know I am planning on building a Vapor Cabinet/Docking Station and that I am building this from scratch. No diagrams, plans or kits.

I have had a lot of ideas thrown at me from friends and from friends I have made on the site here.

I was going to go with my idea of a night club setting with the stage being the center point. I have decided against that for several reason. One of them being in order to run all of the multi colored stage lighting, bar lighting and then speakers etc, etc, etc... That would be a lot of un-necessary work with all of the wiring.

I have decided to go with the liquor cabinet idea. This will still have the mirror in the back and each shelf will have its own lighting. There will be small speakers installed that you will be able to hook up to an Ipod or MP3 player, it will be completely sanded, stained and varnished and the cabinet doors will be a surprise for I am designing them special....

I have begun to draw out my design, which I can do with my right hand, and will be obtaining all materials Weds of next week. And will probably start building Next Friday. I will be building 2 of them. One with a mirror and one without... The one with the mirror can be negotiated fairly. I do want to keep one of them.

I will take pics from beginning to end and post them as I go so you can see the progress.

And for those of you that don't know: 75% of the work that will be done on this will be done one handed. I will allow absolutely no one to help me. This will be one of my achievements since my accident and 2 failed attempts to repair the shoulder...

And as Yoda says below:

Respect.
My husband is gone now for 7 years, but he lost his right hand, wrist and forearm in an industrial accident. He learned to use the prosthesis and went right back to his DeVlieg. He also did a frame off restoration of a shoebox Chevy. All w/ his left hand and his 'hook'.
Wadda guy!
I have a lot of respect for you and and eager to see your project.
Blessings,
Pat

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
so I was playing out in the yard today ( I don't have a workshop, just a shed that my tools live in)
And came up with this from some scraps I had.
Just need the stain to dry, and then put on a few coats of poly, and my Monitor Stand / Ecig holder will be ready to use.

ecig.jpg

StacyInOkla

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2013
Oklahoma

And as Yoda says below:

I think you're awesome :wub: As someone with physical limitations I understand the feeling of accomplishment for doing something on your own. A lot of people told me I might never be able to get on a horse after my hip replacement. The feeling of being able to ride after so many people said I couldn't was indescribable. I had a good horse and had to get on my own way, but I did it. I'm looking forward to seeing what you build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread