When I started Vaping I was Told

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
20130806_143422.jpg 20130806_143437.jpg 20130806_143414.jpg

When I started vaping I started out with the EGO-C Twist with CE4 and CE5 Clearos. I was given strict instructions to not lay these down when they have juice in them because the juice will seep in between the mouth piece and the atomizer and into the tube and then I would get a mouth full of juice. So I started out keeping it up right in a coffee cup that I have had for over 15 yrs. Yeah its my favorite "Moo Moo" (as my 9 year old daughter calls it) cup.

After a few weeks I was missing my coffee cup for my coffee so I made a holder out of a few pieces of old wood. Drew 3 circles about the size of the cup, drilled a hole next to each circle and cut them out with a jig saw. Since these were cut out of a 2X4s and I didn't have any wood glue I used 4 3" wood screws to put them together. 2 through the top and 2 through the bottom. It wasn't bad in the beginning. I was impressed that I did it with one hand basically like I did my docking station.

Now the old one has gotten too gawdy for my taste. Rough around the edges, too heavy to lug around from room to room.

As I got to looking at this the other day I kept thinking to myself "You Can Do Better Than This Butthead."

Yesterday I found the piece of wood I was looking for. Its alittle softer than the 2X4 and half as thick. I drew out 4 circles, Cut them out. This time I used Elmer's wood glue and put them together. I let them dry over night. Today I drilled the hole in the center for the Vape. I then rounded off the edges with a course file. I then got out my electric sander and sanded the hell out of it. All I need to do now is stain it which I will do next week. Now this is just a prototype And I would seriously like everyone's input be it good or objectionable.

Next Weds I will be getting the Materials to start building what I like to call my Super Vapor Docking Stations LMAO... All seriousness. One is going to have a mirror in the back ground. Both are going to be a music theme (Sorry, I am a retired Semi Pro Drummer so this theme comes natural). Am considering adding working multi colored lights for a live stage scene. Both are gonna be cool. I am going to be keeping one (No Not the mirrored one) and the other one? Well we will have to see... That one will probably be up for grabs. I will take pics of them once they are done and post them.

NO I am not some Master Wood Craftsman... I just paid a lot of attention in wood shop LOL AND YES! This was 75% done on handed... Gotta do something to keep my sanity.

Last edited:

HDVaper

Ultra Super Senior Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
www.oktom.com
View attachment 239166 View attachment 239167 View attachment 239165

When I started Vaping I started out with the EGO-C Twist with CE4 and CE5 Clearos. I was given strict instructions to not lay these down when they have juice in them because the juice will seep in between the mouth piece and the atomizer and into the tube and then I would get a mouth full of juice. So I started out keeping it up right in a coffee cup that I have had for over 15 yrs. Yeah its my favorite "Moo Moo" (as my 9 year old daughter calls it) cup.

After a few weeks I was missing my coffee cup for my coffee so I made a holder out of a few pieces of old wood. Drew 3 circles about the size of the cup, drilled a hole next to each circle and cut them out with a jig saw. Since these were cut out of a 2X4s and I didn't have any wood glue I used 4 3" wood screws to put them together. 2 through the top and 2 through the bottom. It wasn't bad in the beginning. I was impressed that I did it with one hand basically like I did my docking station.

Now the old one has gotten too gawdy for my taste. Rough around the edges, too heavy to lug around from room to room.

As I got to looking at this the other day I kept thinking to myself "You Can Do Better Than This Butthead."

Yesterday I found the piece of wood I was looking for. Its alittle softer than the 2X4 and half as thick. I drew out 4 circles, Cut them out. This time I used Elmer's wood glue and put them together. I let them dry over night. Today I drilled the hole in the center for the Vape. I then rounded off the edges with a course file. I then got out my electric sander and sanded the hell out of it. All I need to do now is stain it which I will do next week. Now this is just a prototype And I would seriously like everyone's input be it good or objectionable.

Next Weds I will be getting the Materials to start building what I like to call my Super Vapor Docking Stations LMAO... All seriousness. One is going to have a mirror in the back ground. Both are going to be a music theme (Sorry, I am a retired Semi Pro Drummer so this theme comes natural). Am considering adding working multi colored lights for a live stage scene. Both are gonna be cool. I am going to be keeping one (No Not the mirrored one) and the other one? Well we will have to see... That one will probably be up for grabs. I will take pics of them once they are done and post them.

NO I am not some Master Wood Craftsman... I just paid a lot of attention in wood shop LOL AND YES! This was 75% done on handed... Gotta do something to keep my sanity.

I envy you folks that can do woodworking. If I had tried to make that I'd be using the hole in the holder for a finger or two!!:oops:

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
I envy you folks that can do woodworking. If I had tried to make that I'd be using the hole in the holder for a finger or two!!:oops:

LMAO... Funny thing is when I was drilling this it slipped out of the clamps, jumped up and smacked me in the forehead and the drill bit wrapped my shirt around itself. Was a scary moment for a minute....

wrath186

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Scranton, PA
I've actually been thinking about picking up a stand that is normally used for fountain pens. I haven't had any leakage problems with my Protank or T3s, but I thought that it would be cool to have one for storage and one in the living room to set my gear down in when I'm watching TV. Maybe something like this:

4 Pen Economy Acrylic Pen Display Stand at Penn State Industries

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
When I started Vaping I started out with the EGO-C Twist with CE4 and CE5 Clearos. I was given strict instructions to not lay these down when they have juice in them because the juice will seep in between the mouth piece and the atomizer and into the tube and then I would get a mouth full of juice.

I think he who told you this must have had a clearo with a problem. I do have 1 evod that has to be kept upright. I feel sure that it must have a hairline crack in it somewhere under the cover. It will seep juice if layed down but I've not encountered the seeping problem with any of my other juice delivery devices which include T3, viva nova, CE3, CE4 and evods. I just lay or stand them any which way.

BTW: Nice stand.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
The only devices I find I need to keep upright are my Rebuildable dripping attys and my rebuildable tank attys (AGA-T2s).

My carto tanks only leak when laid down if the orings have worn. A change in orings fixes that quickly enough.

The CEs don't leak for me unless the head isn't screwed in well enough or there is a crack somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread