vaporesso revenger keeps leaking and spitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
The vaporesso revenger is a power device, which delivery device are you using on top of it?

If the NRG tank, which heads / gt cores have you tried ?
With the recommended 60 - 80w - I guess you're using the gt8 .15Ω - trying to use that head with a restricted airflow will cause flooding.
Is the airflow wide open or very close to it?
Using a DTL inhale method? - trying to MTL that head /tank combo will cause flooding.
70 Pg/30 VG or 30 Pg / 70 Vg ? - 30Vg will be thin for that head and cause flooding.
Flooding a head results in gurgling, spitting & leaking.
Did you properly prime new / unused heads? - by dripping drops of liquid on all exposed wicking material until it is fully saturated, then thread head into base, fill tank, thread base & tank together, then let sit upright for a few minutes.
Did you start off at a lower power & gradually work your way up over the first half tank or so?
If you didn't prime the head properly & zapped it with too much power too soon the wicking material nearest the coil could've been scorched or burned. This greatly reduces its ability to wick correctly & can cause leaking out of the airflow.

Reactions: stols001

Amielzzz

May 1, 2018
The vaporesso revenger is a power device, which delivery device are you using on top of it?

If the NRG tank, which heads / gt cores have you tried ?
With the recommended 60 - 80w - I guess you're using the gt8 .15Ω - trying to use that head with a restricted airflow will cause flooding.
Is the airflow wide open or very close to it?
Using a DTL inhale method? - trying to MTL that head /tank combo will cause flooding.
70 Pg/30 VG or 30 Pg / 70 Vg ? - 30Vg will be thin for that head and cause flooding.
Flooding a head results in gurgling, spitting & leaking.
Did you properly prime new / unused heads? - by dripping drops of liquid on all exposed wicking material until it is fully saturated, then thread head into base, fill tank, thread base & tank together, then let sit upright for a few minutes.
Did you start off at a lower power & gradually work your way up over the first half tank or so?
If you didn't prime the head properly & zapped it with too much power too soon the wicking material nearest the coil could've been scorched or burned. This greatly reduces its ability to wick correctly & can cause leaking out of the airflow.
NRG tank, 70vg juice, airflow half open, only filled half of the tank didnt overfill it, i did prime the coils by dripping on the wick till i saw its all saturated, filled half the tank and waited a few minutes, used 60w not more or less

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
60w may be too high to start off with a new head.
Always start a new head off at a lower power like 10w to as much as 20w under the recommended and gradually increase over the first half tank or so, to ensure it is wicking correctly & to allow the head to break in without burning or scorching wicking.
You may not get a satisfactory vape during this process but it is better than ruining new heads quickly.
If you zap a new head with 60w it can easily scorch or burn wicking nearest/surrounding the coil, this reduces the wicking materials ability to hold liquid = leaking.

The recommended power ranges are just that, recommendations, always vape to what tastes best to you not a number.
Actually the recommended w ranges are more of a guarantee you'll be buying more replacement heads.

Are you using DTL inhale?
hard strong fast direct into your lungs inhale, hard like your trying to suck a golf ball through a garden hose, fast as in a few seconds of draw, or MTL smooth slower inhale.
Which head are you using?
The gt8 is more of a cloud blower type, needs non restricted wide open or very close to it airflow with a large amount of airflow being pulled through it.
Half open airflow is probably too restrictive for a DTL inhale without pulling too much liquid into the head that has no other place to go than out the airflow. This causes flooding & leaking.

ellejewell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2015
Fl.
I have the revenger mini with the nrg ceramic coil in it. I have not had a single leak or spit back from it. So I am going to go out on a limb and say its the type of coil you are using. I put in the gt4 coil that came with the kit and I had a ton of spit back. I immediately took it out and put the ceramic coil back in. Maybe try a different coil and make sure all the parts are threaded properly. If this still does not fix your issue it is very possible you have a faulty NRG tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread