Vaptio P-III Voltage Limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoundedColt8

Aug 2, 2018
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not the P-III mod has a voltage cap? I'm going to be grabbing a P-III kit soon as it looks like a decent mod with a pretty large internal battery. According to Vaptio's site, it's supposed to go all the way up to 100W, and their resistance range is apparently 0.1 - 3 ohms. However, this review post on Reddit mentioned it didn't seem to work well with resistance above about 0.2ohm.

He states, "Now the one issue with the mod that I ran in to was higher resistance coils didn't seem to perform as I would expect. I first noticed it when I screwed on a dripper with a 0.42ohm fused clapton build that I usually run around 35-40w that would barely fire until I took it all the way up to 70-80w, even at the full 100w it only felt like maybe 45-50w on a regular mod. Again, I'm not DJLSB or P. Busardo but I know what 40w should feel like with one of my builds. I speculated that the mod is voltage limited since tossing on a 0.2ohm or lower build fired up at 30w no problem."

Just looking to see if anyone can verify this? Worst case scenario I just use low resistance tanks/builds on it, but I'm curious whether anything past 0.2 ohms is even worth trying on it. I tried contacting someone through the Vaptio site, but it wasn't too much help in this case (I was hoping the agent would know more about the mod than what was on the site but I can't blame them for that) Any input is appreciated :)

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread