Very new and very clueless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deceased

Aug 3, 2013
United States
I am completely new to vaping and have only ever tried either disposable cigs and the Blu starter kit. I enjoy vaping over smoking and I think I have an idea what I want, but I'm having trouble finding an all in one place to buy online. I have been impressed by the reviews I've seen on the eGo variable voltage. Please let me know where and exactly what to buy if I'm looking at vaping for 12-14 hours at work. As I understand it I need the eGo battery but after that I get lost. Please point me in the direction of a site you trust and maybe some links to items you recommend to start vaping as soon as possible. Thanks.

Elemental0619

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2009
New Jersey
Check out the Ego-V V2 its a good starting point. Its a variable voltage Ego that also serves as a USB passthrough (you can vape it plugged into your computer) and grab a Kanger T3 bcc (bottom coil clearomizer) it may seem like I'm speaking some weird other language but you'll pick up on it hanging around here.

VV Ego found here eGo-V Mega 1200 mAh

iceman68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
eGo Twist VV battery is a good choice, but you'll need a second battery as well. That way you'll have a backup when the first one needs recharging. They don't have to be two of the same but a backup is essential. Of course you'll also need a charger.

Take a look at the 1100mAh eGo Twist. General rule of thumb is 1 hour of vaping per 100mah but that can vary depending on usage.

Some people get starter kits in the beginning but buying things separately is also an option.

Many options for liquid delivery - you could try an EVOD which is popular. And of course, the e-liquid.

I know it sounds like a lot but with a little time things will calm down and make sense.

I am completely new to vaping and have only ever tried either disposable cigs and the Blu starter kit. I enjoy vaping over smoking and I think I have an idea what I want, but I'm having trouble finding an all in one place to buy online. I have been impressed by the reviews I've seen on the eGo variable voltage. Please let me know where and exactly what to buy if I'm looking at vaping for 12-14 hours at work. As I understand it I need the eGo battery but after that I get lost. Please point me in the direction of a site you trust and maybe some links to items you recommend to start vaping as soon as possible. Thanks.

If you could, then get a cheap mod like Vamo v3 in stainless steel with 2 18650 or 18350 batteries. For clearomizer you can try evods or protanks. Egos are good for starting out but flavour and feel really come alive with mods. And don't get confused with the terminology, its just a big battery with variable voltage function (Just like ego twist) :)

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
This is what threading looks like on a eGo to give you an idea of how different juice delivery systems attach. The Vision Spinner has the same threading.

egolatest.jpg

timinftl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
Fort Lauderdale
Welcome ! I started with an ecig then went to an ego-C kit with the type A Carts and then went to Vision Twisters with Kanger ProTanks,
I could have skipped the ego C type A kit and saved my money because once I found AV batteries and the (to me anyway) great vapor production of the tanks without the refill hassle it would be really upsetting to have to go back. JMTW....

Good luck with your experiences to come and know that these folks will offer a wealth of information. I only started in April of this year myself so it's study study study for me but I Don't Miss Tobacco Smoke at all after 40yrs of suicide on the installment plan.
Cheers
Tim :toast:

ghola1was

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
NV USA

nctrekken

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Fayetteville, NC
I started with the eGo as well. Would have saved a lot of money had I known at the time I love vaping. I would have started with my Vamo mod first and saved myself some money. Now don't get me wrong. Nothing wrong with the eGo and such, but its hard to compare with a mod with a 18650. I vape a lot throughout the day and the battery life keeps going. I can go a day and a half per battery. So, like some I would have skipped the eGo and gone to the mods first. Try looking at this VAMO V3 MOD APV VV VW . Good luck and welcome to ECF!

Deceased

Aug 3, 2013
United States

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Lubbock, TX
I just ordered this kit plus 40 ml of assorted juices. Anything else you could think of that I would need to jump into this? Also, thanks so much for the responses. This site has made a complicated thing into something enjoyable for the newcomers.

Its a great start up kit, so much so that I have it bookmarked to link :). For extras, the only thing I'd recommend you have on had would be whatever replacement heads that fit the clearos you ordered with the kit is all. If they're the EVOD ones, you can easily clean them and get months of use out of them, but it helps to have some spares laying about.

My method for cleaning them is to wash the units (Evods as well) in just plain super hot tap water, rinse them, blot dry with a peper towel, and then plunk them for an overnight bath in some super-cheap-comes-in-a-plastic-jug-dear-gawd-why-would-you-drink-this-stuff-vodka. I take em out in the morning, let them air dry, and by the time I'm home from work, I have basically new heads.

I more or less clean them every two to three tankfulls depending on what I'm vaping (darker/ sweeter juices gunk them up faster). I probably don't "need" to clean them this often, but hey, I've not had one die since I've gotten them, and they all are still performing like new.

The EGO VVs will serve you well and glad to have you with us! Enjoy the vape!

Rchase72

Aug 3, 2013
Ofallon, MO
I started out with the Ego 600 kit. It came with two batteries. I found out that the batteries don't last very long. I then bought the Ego twist on a whim thinking bigger battery that it would last longer. In fact it does the opposite. I switched to the Ego 1100. This battery has good life span for me. I usually work around ten or eleven hours per day and the battery lasts that long. I use the evod tank on it and I am really pleased. Hope this helps a little

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread