VG dilution question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings esteemed forum members,

I've been blending 100% VG with nic and flavor. I've been quite satisfied. I'm dripping 3% nic and about 3-5% flavor. The vape is warm, moist and delicious. My problem started when I decided to bump up the nic to 24 mg/ml, and my juice was so thick that it wouldn't wick into my nautilus BVC . That, and I just read that VG is better when it's diluted with distilled water or sterile saline.

My question is how much should I dilute my VG base to allow it to wick up my BVC, should I dilute it with distilled water or sterile saline, and how much will my flavor be affected by diluting my VG base?

Thanks,
Rusty

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Pour some of your mix in a 3ml test bottle and start with 4% distilled water and work up until it wicks properly. Some have put as much as 10% and have not complained about flavor loss. But if nessessary you can compensate for flavor dilution when you make your next batch once you figure out how much DW you need. Just use the ejuice me up calc. It allows for DW compensation.

Last edited:
Pour some of your mix in a 3ml test bottle and start with 4% distilled water and work up until it wicks properly. Some have put as much as 10% and have not complained about flavor loss. But if nessessary you can compensate for flavor dilution when you make your next batch once you figure out how much DW you need. Just use the ejuice me up calc. It allows for DW compensation.

Perfect!

Thanks, Rusty

williebb123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
Mount Shasta California
i use 10% dw on a regular basis in a 50/40/10 mix but remember saline will add a salty flavor to your mixes which can either kill your juice or it can take it to the next level , for me i only use saline in a few recipes and only at .5% - 1.5% and then i usually subtract my saline total out of my dw total but on mixes of high vg say 90-100 i will use 15% dw and the flavor never suffers on any of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread