ViVi Nova cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwardrop

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2012
Tustin, CA
I vape Boba's Bounty which is a 100% VG juice and I have to clean my heads after each tank fill. I take them apart and rinse all pieces in warm water. I then take the head and plastic piece and put them in a shot glass and fill it with vodka. Let them seep overnight and then let them air dry. Why you put them back on the Vivi Nova dry burn with the cap off until the coils burn red. This gets the vodka taste out of the wick. I've tried a lot of different methods, but this works best for me. Good ol Phil Busardo has a nice long video tutorial you might want to check out, but he does not soak in vodka. That step might not be necessary if you are not vaping super thick juices. Good luck!

Aheadatime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
USA
It will definitely prolong the life of the head. For me, I clean about every 4 or 5 fills for clearer liquids, but for real thick and dark liquids, I clean them about every 2 fills. Sometimes less, sometimes more.

To clean, just take it apart, rinse every piece individually, and dry with a paper towel. I then 'dry burn' the head if it is gunked (if you cannot see the coils anymore, it is gunked). You dry burn by simply screwing the head (without it's silicone cap) onto the atomizer. Then screw that onto your device, go somewhere dark, and 'pulse' your device in 2 second bursts until you can see all of the coils glowing orange. After your dry burn is done, re-rinse the head, and let it air dry. Then you're good to go.

Few tips.

1.When you unscrew the metal top part with your drip tip, sometimes it will "grip" the silicone cap and partially unscrew the head. I have trimmed about a mm off the top of some of the silicone caps and it has worked great.

2. When refilling with liquid (after thoroughly cleaning), drip one drop of liquid directly onto the coils before refilling your tank. This will erase the 'wicking time' needed.

3. When the tank is half empty, tilt it a bit in between hits so that you saturate the wicks and avoid dry burns.

4. When putting the silicone cap back onto the head, always make sure the flat end of the little metal piece is facing down towards the coils, and the cone shaped side of the metal piece is facing upwards towards the drip tip.

5. When cleaning, there is no need to take the drip tip out of the metal cap. You can rinse them together, and if you keep taking it off and putting it back in, you will wear down the little rubber o-ring on your drip tip.

6. If you really want to get a particular taste out of your Nova and dry burning isn't doing the trick, take all of the metal pieces of the device (including the head with coils), and soak them in 91% isopropyl alcohol overnight (the stuff that has only water as an inactive ingredient). Rinse thoroughly with water and let air dry. All flavor will be completely reset.

Micro24

Apr 8, 2013
Philippines
I have just purchased my first ViVi Nova tank and was wondering about the cleaning. I have seen some videos online about how to clean and rebuild them, I was wondering about the frequency of the cleaning, and will it prolong the life of the head by cleaning it more often?

Watch Phil Busardo's video, it'll help you alot.

jcap33905

Aug 31, 2012
Fort Myers
Thanks for all the great advice. Another question I have is about it leaking. The first one I purchased yesterday leaked a whole tank overnight. It was standing up vertical. I returned it to the store and they replaced the bottom part, got it home and it still leaked(not as much). I went back to the store and they replaced the whole device with a new one(have not filled yet). Is leaking a problem with these, and is there anything I can do to prevent it from happening again? Can I use a different o-ring on the bottom, something with a little more substance than the one on there?

bwardrop

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2012
Tustin, CA
Leaking can be a problem. For me it was slow leaks. I determined that the bottom seal was not right. I used plumbers tape around the bottom threads after another user suggested the idea. Worked like a charm. No leaks. Not all Vivi's leak so you should only have to do this every now and then. Just be careful when you do this to get the tape on the threads only so stray tape does not make it into you carto. I'm clumsy as hell and had no problem. Take the o ring off before you do this. It can make it a little harder to thread the tank on to the base, but it's not too much of an issue. Hope this helps.

SteamDaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
Rebublic of Texas
Leaking can be a problem. For me it was slow leaks. I determined that the bottom seal was not right. I used plumbers tape around the bottom threads after another user suggested the idea. Worked like a charm. No leaks. Not all Vivi's leak so you should only have to do this every now and then. Just be careful when you do this to get the tape on the threads only so stray tape does not make it into you carto. I'm clumsy as hell and had no problem. Take the o ring off before you do this. It can make it a little harder to thread the tank on to the base, but it's not too much of an issue. Hope this helps.

(Just be careful when you do this to get the tape on the threads only so stray tape does not make it into you carto)

vivi nova, tank, head, >(carto) ?
i need to clean my nova.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread