Not open for further replies.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
How do you guys like these Nova's? The reason I ask is because I've never had any luck with the CE2 Clearomizers. In fact, I despise them. Any information on these Nova 2's would be great.

I didn't really like the CE2 either. I had too many problems without making modifications. but I love the new Phoenix from gotvapes. It seems like all of the issues that I had were solved with these. I just started using the Vivi nova 2.5 and so far I love it. It is giving a great vape, it's super easy to clean and fill, and it doesn't seem to leak. I actually filled mine and stored it upside down for an hour and there were no leaks.

It looks a little funny on my battery, but after all, I am using a Volt x2 battery. Personally, I don't care about how it locks since I won't have to refill it all night. I usually go through about 3 mL of juice at night, not including the 2 to 3 mL that I use during the day in my Phoenix

rickb863

Oct 21, 2010
A, A
I have had mine for a month or so and gave up on it. Maybe someone on here can offer advice that will encourage me to try it again? I could not get it to wick properly no matter what I tried. I tried all 3 of the different ohm heads included and took my Pro Vari all the way down to 3.1 volts and was still getting a burnt taste from it. The taste was OK at 2.9 volts, but obviously, the vapor sucked. I even cut the juice I was using W/ some distilled water thinking that the juice was too thick and this did not seem to help either :( Any ideas guys?? I love the design and the volume of juice that it holds, but the frustration got the best of me and I am now back W/ my Boge LR cartos. Thanks for any advice from my fellow vapers on here :)

Zurrix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2012
Winnipeg
I have had mine for a month or so and gave up on it. Maybe someone on here can offer advice that will encourage me to try it again? I could not get it to wick properly no matter what I tried. I tried all 3 of the different ohm heads included and took my Pro Vari all the way down to 3.1 volts and was still getting a burnt taste from it. The taste was OK at 2.9 volts, but obviously, the vapor sucked. I even cut the juice I was using W/ some distilled water thinking that the juice was too thick and this did not seem to help either :( Any ideas guys?? I love the design and the volume of juice that it holds, but the frustration got the best of me and I am now back W/ my Boge LR cartos. Thanks for any advice from my fellow vapers on here :)
I can't offer encouragement as I had the same problems you described, but after hearing so much about it on the forums, I think I'm gonna give it another shot. For starters, I'll have to file down that center post so it fits better on my device...

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State

Are you using 2.5 or 2.0?

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA

It sounds like you had the V1 Vivi Nova. The V2 has been out for just barely a month or so. If there were air holes in the edge of the base plate, you had a V1. The V2 (& V2.5) is a major night/day difference. The V2 has short wicks which, IMO, is an improvement. The air holes were relocated to the battery connector which give it a tighter draw. The head was reworked and it's just a whole different animal than the V1.

I've also re-coiled a couple of the 1.8ohm and 2.4ohm heads to get closer to the optimum 3ohms for my Lavatube. The 1.8 was limited. The 2.4 was o.k., but I bumped the resistance to 3.2ohms and it's handling the higher voltage a lot better. With the 2.8ohms, they dont handle the real high voltage that great. They do real well at about 4.3-4.5V though. Also, it's strange but when they're new they read about 0.5ohms high. After a tank, they read within 0.1-0.2 of their rated resistance. The same thing happens when you re-coil them. I re-coiled one and it was 3.7ohms before I used it. The next day, it was 3.2ohms.

I can't offer encouragement as I had the same problems you described, but after hearing so much about it on the forums, I think I'm gonna give it another shot. For starters, I'll have to file down that center post so it fits better on my device...

The protruding center post was another thing that was fixed with the V2 and V2.5. Give it another shot. You wont have to file the center post at all. They have pretty much gotten them down pat with the V2. The biggest difference between the V2 and V2.5 is the long wicks on the V2.5. IMO, that's a step backwards so I'll be using the V2 to add to my collection of Vivi Novas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread