VR Wood Mods bottom feeders kiwi style

Status
Not open for further replies.

btobw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Hi folks. I failed to resist these gorgeous mods and ordered one today (one in stock - I have no patience). Can't wait to see it in real life!

My justification was that it's my two-year vaperversary in a couple of weeks. But it's not the first thing I've bought using that justification :D

vkiwi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
nz
www.vrwoodmods.co.nz
Hi folks. I failed to resist these gorgeous mods and ordered one today (one in stock - I have no patience). Can't wait to see it in real life!

My justification was that it's my two-year vaperversary in a couple of weeks. But it's not the first thing I've bought using that justification :D
Got home to the paypal notification, cheers, will be in the post on Monday morning, and should take just a few days to aussie. Do you have bf atties?

btobw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia
I'm sure you won't regret it, which one did you snag?

[HASHTAG]#004[/HASHTAG]:
IMG_3881.JPG

Got home to the paypal notification, cheers, will be in the post on Monday morning, and should take just a few days to aussie. Do you have bf atties?

I'm getting a Derringer BF from chowderhead at Catfish. The plain lines should go well, I think ... and it is all about the aesthetics!

I forgot that in my order I had asked if you had recommendations for atties ... getting a bit over-excited here :D

While I'm waiting for the Derringer, I might be able to practise squonking using a ByLeo eBaron Pro that I have here? Or I may just lay the mod on a velvet cushion and admire it's beauty :hubba:

I'm an 18350/18500 mech metal tube person usually ... is there a particular battery I should be getting? or will any flat top 18650 fit without problems?

RobbieVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2015
Bristol - England
[HASHTAG]#004[/HASHTAG]:
IMG_3881.JPG

I'm getting a Derringer BF from chowderhead at Catfish. The plain lines should go well, I think ... and it is all about the aesthetics!

I forgot that in my order I had asked if you had recommendations for atties ... getting a bit over-excited here :D

While I'm waiting for the Derringer, I might be able to practise squonking using a ByLeo eBaron Pro that I have here? Or I may just lay the mod on a velvet cushion and admire it's beauty :hubba:

I'm an 18350/18500 mech metal tube person usually ... is there a particular battery I should be getting? or will any flat top 18650 fit without problems?

You won't go far wrong with the derringer you just have to be careful with over squonking so practise with the top off.

Best batteries are the samsung 25nr's, you could also try the LG HE4's which are also good but you won't go too far wrong with the 25's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
You can expect some business from me in the not too distant future. I have some other obligations to satisfy currently but as soon as funds are available, I'll be commissioning a mod. I'm reasonably sure I'm going to need the dual 18650 version. I'll PM you when my cash reserves have been replenished.

vkiwi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
nz
www.vrwoodmods.co.nz
[HASHTAG]#004[/HASHTAG]:
IMG_3881.JPG

The mod has been set up with a Samsung INR 18650 20r, there are small differences in length from 1 battery manufacturer to another, but I have found the samsungs to be superb, even when used very hard, so stuck with them. Bf derringer will go well...

vkiwi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
nz
www.vrwoodmods.co.nz
Not too sure, but I think I may be breaking new ground with this one, The "Tripp" triple parallel squonker. In Rimu with mahogany caps. It has a battery cassette that keeps the batts as a connected bank even when resting, and in theory will drive 200w with no problem, although I have tried 120 and that was too much for me.

At 0.2ohms it starts a 10ml bottle at 80w and finishes the bottle at 60w without a battery change! It's my ADV for that reason alone, although it fits my hand well too at 90mm*63mm*40mm.

Found out the hard way that putting one battery in upside down is not a good idea, all cells dumping into each other for a few seconds caused the batteries to warm but no damage, close call indeed! Conducted a droptest on a wooden floor from chest height resulting in bits over a wide area (accompanied by a heavy sinking feeling), but only came apart where its supposed to, without a scratch!

Not that tidy cos it's just a prototype,With modded Foggatty switchblade.
The tripp 001.JPG
The tripp 003.JPG
The tripp 002.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread