Vuse Alto website is a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I just received a coupon for the vuse Alto and went to there website to redeem it but there site isn't recognizing my city in my address. Really...how stupid is that. They have the address to send the coupon but don't know where it is to be able to redeem it?
From the site...

Offer void where prohibited and not valid for shipping to the following states: AR, DE, HI, LA, MA, ME, UT, VT and APO/FPO addresses.

Are you located in any of those places?

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I wouldn't worry about it. Consider it good fortune. I recently lost my fave pod, the Vladdin RE, and didn't replace it because of pending May 11. Then I tried a friend's Alto, and loved it. Great hit. So I picked one up, got extra pods. On both pods I tried, not even 25% thru the pods (trying different flavors), both got seriously dry burnt hits. Looked them up, and found it's a very common problem. I even tried refilling one with DIY juice, but they just don't wick well. Tried the youtube fix of finger over the bottom intake, and blowing on them. Works for a hit or two, but then back to really nasty. Bad design.

It's a shame, because when new, they deliver a great hit for a pod. I wouldn't buy one even with a coupon if I were you. Others will eschew them because they're owned by big tobacco, but I won't buy because they're just not any good.

Northstar6

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2019
Online and in store but didn't want to go through the hastle of finding a place that would take it. Plus after what after brewdawg said I think I'll pass.
I think they had an issue with faulty pods for many months, they apparently fixed the issue and relaunched with a new Mint flavor and a 99 cent battery a few months back.

For a closed system I don't think it's bad,
at least for a back up. However, they are essentially big tobacco and refilling your own device is the way to go. So I definitely understand why some wouldnt bother with it, although I couldn't argue with a free coupon [emoji4]

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I just received a coupon for the vuse Alto and went to there website to redeem it but there site isn't recognizing my city in my address. Really...how stupid is that. They have the address to send the coupon but don't know where it is to be able to redeem it?
Welcome and glad you joined.
Sorry to hear about your problem.
Might wish to fill in your avatar location, it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your question(s).
On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
Place the mouse pointer on your name,click. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Not a Vuse Alto, but I got a Moti for $1 on a Labor Day sale... turns out that's about what it was worth :rolleyes:
I got the refillable pod and was just about to order more when the pod coil went to crap... saved me from wasting another dime on that POS. I also have lost faith in "auto fire" (remove pod when not using!!!) I'm sure the Alto is better, but why not just get a Geekvape Frenzy on sale for under $10?

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I think they had an issue with faulty pods for many months, they apparently fixed the issue and relaunched with a new Mint flavor and a 99 cent battery a few months back.

For a closed system I don't think it's bad,
at least for a back up. However, they are essentially big tobacco and refilling your own device is the way to go. So I definitely understand why some wouldnt bother with it, although I couldn't argue with a free coupon [emoji4]
Maybe they fixed them. But I got mine just a couple of weeks ago at a pretty high volume convenience store, so I would've thought it would not be old stock. If I knew I was getting a pod that works, it might be worth it. I really do like the hit on these, and they use Halo juice, so it's not bad at all for a pod. But their pods are expensive, so I'm not gonna chance buying more anytime soon. I can do without, but it is handy to have a pod that size on hand. And unlike the Vladdin, I liked the idea of picking them up at a store instead of ordering online.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Vuse is Big Tobacco. Not sure why anyone here would want to support brands like that.

If you want an auto-draw cigalike, get a Joyetech Eroll MAC simple kit and buy some 50/50 ejuice.
Yeah, I put the BT reference in my original post, and mentioned some would stay away from them because of that.

But truth be told, I'm in it for me, not to make a statement. It's not about wanting to support them, and my going thru a single pod every few weeks wouldn't support them very much. Given equal choices, I'd absolutely pick the one that isn't BT. But Eroll MAC's aren't at the stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread