VV or VW tube MOD with a dial and No LED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjk1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2014
Maine, USA
Hello All – I would like to try a tube MOD but I’m not really interested in building coils at this point so I think should stick with a regulated MOD. I like the coolfire 2 but it only goes down to 7 watts. I know most will think that is low enough but I find that I prefer to vape 1.8ohm coils at around 3.3 volts and 2.4 coils at around 3.8 volts so I would need the coolfire2 to get down to 6 watts. Are there any regulated tube MODs that don’thave an LED – Just a dial like the coolfire2 (or ego twist) I know I could get a “kick” chip for a mech mod but wouldn’t I need to open it to adjust it?
I have a bunch of VV twist and spinner batteries and an MVP2– I just want to try the tube form factor and my interest in a mod with no LED display is purely for aesthetics.
Thanks!
JJK

jjk1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2014
Maine, USA

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hello All – I would like to try a tube MOD but I’m not really interested in building coils at this point so I think should stick with a regulated MOD. I like the coolfire 2 but it only goes down to 7 watts. I know most will think that is low enough but I find that I prefer to vape 1.8ohm coils at around 3.3 volts and 2.4 coils at around 3.8 volts so I would need the coolfire2 to get down to 6 watts. Are there any regulated tube MODs that don’thave an LED – Just a dial like the coolfire2 (or ego twist) I know I could get a “kick” chip for a mech mod but wouldn’t I need to open it to adjust it?
I have a bunch of VV twist and spinner batteries and an MVP2– I just want to try the tube form factor and my interest in a mod with no LED display is purely for aesthetics.
Thanks!
JJK

1: { I would like to try a tube MOD but I’m not really interested in building coils at this point so I think should stick with a regulated MOD.}
One has nothing to do with the other.

2: { it only goes down to 7 watts. I know most will think that is low enough}
Not me; Seems to me it should go down to zero!! Why can't it do something so simple!!! But 3 is acceptable since common mods do that; so to my mind 7 watts is a definite drawback. I dryburn my protank coils at 3 watts.

3: {regulated tube MODs that don’thave an LED – Just a dial}
The 134 does that; but it only goes down to 6.5 watts; plus it's VW-only so you can't even set simple VV. One thing any regulated mod should be able to do is give you a plain vanilla 3.7 volts like a standard eGo battery.

4: {I could get a “kick” chip for a mech mod but wouldn’t I need to open it to adjust it?}
If you're still at that stage where you find yourself needing adjust up and down on the fly, then its not time for you to use a mech or a mod without a screen. When you have experience and your vaping gets down pretty standard you will find you no longer need the screen and you no longer need to keep making adjusting, and when something is wrong you know from experience what it is; at THAT point it's time to get a mech; by that time you can vape with your eyes closed sotospeak.

Oh but to answer the question, there is the artisan vaping crown; it's a kick, but they call it a crown; I think it beeps; you control it without opening up the mod;

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
wow - I've never pre-ordered anything in my life but I just bought that wood mod:) talk about an impulse buy!- I hope its as good as it looks -
Thanks!
JJK
I hope it's as good as it looks too. I pre-ordered a mod a while ago and had never done that before either. I think it's a symptom that we are spending too much time on ECF. :vapor:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread