Wanting to start to rebuild protank heads, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel_c

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Washington
Hey everyone, so I'm very new to vaping but I still think I'm ready to rebuild heads, I have a protank two and several original protanks, the system I use is the vamo v5. Now my question to you is what things do I need exactly. I know I want to use cotton and I know some people use cotton balls or thread. I have done a little research and I think peaches and cream thread is what I'm after. Also what kind of wire is best for protanks. Also what other supplies do I need for this (I have a clipper) I'm wanting to get a decent amount of supply for 30 or 40 dollars

WCSR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Earth
Put me in the 30ga kanthal category too. I use a 5/64ths bit, and wrap it 7 times for 1.8 ohms on the dot.

The 5/64 bit is slightly larger diameter than the 1/16th for a larger diameter coil with less wraps. That way, I can actually get more cotton in the coil for more juice flow. That's just what has worked for me.

Krazirob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
Cameron, NC
So you guys think cotton balls are better, what about the yarn though? A lot of people have said that works very well

yarn works well too......ive only used it a few times but for the vapor production and flavor i always leaned towards the rolled cotton.......its so easy to get......i had problems getting yarn without dyes in it and i had to boil it first.......

tomvonc

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2013
Edinburgh, Scotland

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
So you guys think cotton balls are better, what about the yarn though? A lot of people have said that works very well

Six of one and half-dozen of the other. It's all a matter of personal preference. I've used both in different builds, and prefer the cotton balls because it's a little easier to fine-tune wick density for me. Once you get the hang of it, it's really pretty simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread