Watkins, McCormick, and WIlton's extracts and flavorings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

benbritain

Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Ashland, WI
I have found a bunch of threads about one or the other and none of them produced the answers I was looking for.
For the sake of this post, lets assume the following...
All extracts and flavorings have a PG or PG/Alcohol base. All are found in the baking isle at Walmart.
None of them mention contain sugar or [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Diacetyl. [/FONT]

I would like to know if you can use Watkins Flavor Extracts, McCormick Extracts, or Wilton's for e-juice.

I am looking for someone who has personal tried them, how much they used, and what the result was.

I am not looking for "You are better off buy flavorings from...."

greenman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2010
Maryland
I've been playing around with Watkins for a few weeks with pretty good results. So far I've tried peanut butter, strawberry banana and butter. I've enjoyed all of them at 10%-20% except for strawberry which I prefer at around 2-5%. Cant remember where I seen it but one of the members had contacted Watkins about their butter and was told it didn't contain Diacetyl. I had also picked up a bottle of McCormick Natural Coffee last weekend but haven't gotten around to mixing it, smells good though.

SouthernBliss

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ga, USA
I know one of the things people say is that they are so thin and not super strong. I do 50/50 to 10/90 PG/VG and sometimes the vg needs thinning. In a 100% vg that can be as much as 10-20% water depending on flavoring volume. I've been thinking about pre cutting the vg with vanilla and then letting it air over night so that the alcohol evaporates and it re-thickens a bit. I was thinking that this might be especially good for things that need a hint of vanilla rather than a strong vanilla.

Brantis

Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Orange, Texas, United States
I have tried, Chocolate, caramel, peppermint, from Watkins and all but the Peppermint have been good. All others taste burnt. Not even slightly burnt, like straight up burnt popcorn.

In all fairness, I am gaping at 6+ volts, but I honestly don't think that's it. The caramel isn't AS burnt but still can ruin an otherwise good mix. One good thing is that dry burning will remove the flavor easy so there isn't any perm damage.

I have tried Loranns strawberry and Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla and those are pretty good but fairly weak. Still good flavors though.

I am going to try higher quality flavorings though because these baking flavors just aren't worth the hassle. But I guess I helped contribute to the group intelligence by trying them out so not all is lost.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
I use Watkins Peanutbutter, Blueberry and, Vanilla - all good, they do get stronger with time for the first 2-3 weeks after mixing and, I like a touch more glycerin (sweetness) with them than with most other flavorings but, they are pure, clean and true flavors and, easy enough to get.

Just play with it, get the flavor and sweet you like at 2 weeks post mix, and remember it for the next batch. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread