Weird problem with Elips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karli

Mar 1, 2011
Estonia
Hi

I got an Elips (possibly not the Ovale one) a week ago. I haven't used it yet because I also got a cartomizer with the same order and I preferred using that one. Unfortunately it broke already so I have to start using Elips now but the problem with Elips is that it doesn't work with my usual 12mg Hangsen PG liquid for some reason. The taste seems burnt and bad although it produces vapor.. I mixed up some VG+peppermint flavor and that worked better, got better taste and the same amount of vapor.
But why doesn't the PG liquid work? I would much rather use that than the homemade one which doesn't have any nicotine.

Thanks y'all! :)

pidgeo

Verified Member
I personally always found those cartridge tank systems like the ego (similar to the elips) had a burnt taste most of the time. It seems to me that the tip of the atomizer can form an airbubble or something. Flicking and shaking it to try to dislodge it and doing dry sucks on the mouthpiece I found to help somewhat but I ended up ditching them years ago when the cartomizer / clearomizers came into existence. Im sure a thicker juice wouldnt help things either. But personally I'd get yourself a bottom coil tank like the ismoka, kanger protank / evod or something instead. Theyre the best basic atomizers ive used. Theyre pretty cheap too.

I think the elips / ego cartridge tank technology is somewhat antiquated at this stage and should be avoided.

just my 2c

Last edited:

Karli

Mar 1, 2011
Estonia
These cartomizers don't tend to last very long. I have had some clearomizers/cartomizers before and they die in less than 2 weeks while my previous tank atomizers like 510-T and eGo-T have lasted much longer.

The current Elips one somewhat works but no throat hit with a 12mg liquid which usually gives me a good throat hit.

Here's what the device and carts look like

ZKK4Tx8.jpg

MLpvlHc.jpg

Last edited:

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Possibly 100% PG is to thin to work in that system? just throwing a thought out there. From my experience that type of system is pretty crappy.

You will find lots of posts of people having problems weather is the elips ego ect...... I guess if you ffound some juice that works in stick with that PG VG ratio

pidgeo

Verified Member
THe elips is fairly poor device and wont give good throat hit or vapour in my opinion. I have always used 12mg liquids and although my every day atomizer is a Killer705 by Leo im using my Kanger protank this moment for a change and it is sooo much better than the elips. Proper satisfying vapour production.
I again recommend you ditch the elipse and get a bottom coil cartomiser. You can pick them up for around 10 euro or equivalent.

:)

Last edited:

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Got my Ovale Elips on Saturday, seemed a little pricey at first, but they give you a lot of stuff for less than $100 ...

I'm totally into stealth vaping, and this is just the PV for complete anonymity. Small enough to fit in a shirt pocket (it slips horizontally into a dress shirt pocket), doesn't leak (o-ring seals), and it surprised me with the strength of the vape, as good or better than a basic mini eGo ...

I'm a mechanical engineer by profession, and this is a quality design. Well finished components, good fit, and relatively simple to break down ...

The atomizer seems very tiny, time will tell how well it holds up. And the tank is low capacity, but the kit contains two complete units. Had a heavy vaping day so far, but I'm still on the first unit, with the second fully charged and ready ...

And its a pass-through, so I can plug it into the USB port of my computer, or into the car charger if necessary, and vape away ...

They start you off with 2 batteries, 5 atomizers and 6 tanks, replacement o-rings, and clear instructions. Today I'm gonna order the low-ohm atomizers ...

Also, just as I do with the mini eGo I usually carry, I'm vaping 48mg juice to compensate for the lower power of the smaller battery ...

The Elips is probably not for the average vaper, but if you appreciate elegant design and are just looking for a decent nic hit without blocking the sun like a fog machine, its a good alternative ...

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Got my PCC for the Elips, nice package, and fully charged in about 2 hours. Then I got 5 full charges from the PCC to the Elips PV, just kept switching them, vaped with one while charging the other ...

The PCC is the size and shape of a toilet paper tube slightly flattened (elliptical, of course), the Elips PV fits inside with the cap on, and the PCC fits in a jacket pocket ...

Slip a couple of full tanks into the cap of the PCC, and that's everything I need for a weekend away from home ... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread