Tired of fiddling, looking for something simple ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I would love a Reo, I just can't figure out that ordering process at all. You have to be home at a certain time or something??

I guess you have to sign for the package. That protects you actaully, as the USPS can show something delivered even if it gets delivered t wrong house LOL
Ask a neighbor or friend, or have delivered to work?

bander68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Conroe, TX
I was you about 2 years ago. Tired of fiddling, and tired of carrying around supplies. I researched for over 6 months and finally settled on a Reo Grand over a mini, because I vape about 4-5 ml/day. Like somebody else already said, fill the bottle once a day, change the battery once a day, slap on a new atty when it gets funky. No mess, no fiddle, no sack of supplies. It just works.

Coersum

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2010
Beaver Dam WI
I think part of my problem with testing different tanks and clearos is from my batteries (maybe you can confirm that). I use these: Variable Voltage EGO VV EGO-V battery

The reason why I went with those (sold on lots of website) other than the price of course is that they were the shortest 650mah VV (I know not true vv) with a battery indicator.

Red setting is supposed to be 3.2v
Red/Blue setting is supposed to be 3.7v
Blue setting is supposed to be 4.2v

After testing them (no load) with a digital multimeter:

5 out of 5 Bars Battery Charge:
  • on Red setting: 3.04v
  • on Red/Blue setting: 3.62v
  • on Blue setting: 4.10v

4 out of 5 Bars Battery Charge:
  • on Red setting: 2.89v
  • on Red/Blue setting: 3.44v
  • on Blue setting: 3.92v

So with still 80% (or so it says) battery left, I go from my max 4.10v to 3.84v in Blue setting which is supposed to be 4.2v. I guess that tells me my batteries are not regulated (constant selected voltage until the battery dies) but the voltage goes down as the battery charge goes down (hence the taste differs depending on battery charge).

So in the spirit of having a good base to restest the different tanks/clearos I already own, I am thinking of getting new batteries.

My needs:
* something in the 650mah for at home (will have a few, don't need bigger)
* something in the 300-420mah for on the go.

Battery type choices:

1. eGo-C Upgrade Batteries: constant voltage 3.3v to use with T2's 1.7-1.9ohm heads.
2. eGo-C Twist 3.2vto 4.8v, I believe the voltage on those stay very close to the selected voltage till the battery dies. Size is ok
3. the new vv/VW iTaste, coming out monday or tuesday, bit long for me but VW which would open a wider range of ohm heads and different tank system.
4. KGO batteries, constant voltage till battery dies, as long as the itaste but much cheaper. Bit too long for the functions imo.

Last edited:

Coersum

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2010
Beaver Dam WI
I wanted to make a post also to let everyone that is trying to help that I am not dismissing any of the posts, I research each idea, sadly am very specific in what I am looking for...asking for the moon I know.

Bottom feeder:
I looked at them a while back and did again, to me it looks good but I would have to find one with usb charging like the Revolution v2.1, at a $39 price tag it's not bad, form factor is good, I haven't used a carto since 2011 lol. Also worried about the thing being squished and leaking in my pocket but definately not bad. What would be the smallest carto I could put on that thing so it doesn't stick out too much ? vMod needs an outside battery charger and would prefer a usb charging on the mod itself.

Dripping:
Definately not my thing, can't be handling juice all day and stop the kids from tearing the house apart :)

Kangertank:
Guessing you are talking about the kanger protank ? haven't tried it yet, I think I might try to fix the way I use the ones I have first, also kinda big on an ego size bat. Thanks though.

mini Vivi:
No, I wouldn't consider it, I have one and it's worth than my big vision 3.5ml and the boge 2.8ml (as far as ease of replacing heads on the go.

eVods:
I hate filling them up, I really like them otherwise but, using needletip or slowly filling, still so annoying. Might give them another go if I can't get T2's to taste right.

iClear16/30:
Same as protank, latest thing I tried was eVod, if I can't get my T2's or eVod to taste right, the iclear16 will most likely be the next one I try.

itaste MVP: I like the concept, I just wished for space in there to have a tank chamber, open door, place tank, close door, vape...now that would be perfect. It's still in the back of my mind though but I would wait for the new one coming out soon with VW. I think I would go with the itaste vv/vw before the mvp though.

Joyetech eRoll:
God did I take a long look at that, I like the idea and case size, like pbusardo said, I would have loved to see a 2nd batt dock + space for additional carts in there.

eGo + reg Carto:
I haven't used cartos since clearos came out, would be willing to try something like this for on-the-go setup. would have to be something where I can tell how juice there is though, but then aren't they called clearos ?

All in all after looking at the clearos I have, I love the T2's, sizewise, looks, capacity, price....now I just need to figure how to make them taste right...

Thank you all for the posts!

PS:
Cleaning/Dry burning/maintenance:

Something is starting to become clear to me as I do research and think of what I need, maintenance is something I want to stay away from.

Option 1: Limit maintenance by having a tank with as little parts as possible like T2 or eVods.
Option 2: Buy cheap CE4's, use them for 2 or 3 days and toss them...cheapest are fasttech's for $1.59, very close to coil head prices.
Option 3: Crazy awesome atomizer with carts ? does it work well ? no clue where to look other than the HH.357 Cisco Spec Hybrid 510 Atomizer mentioned in this thread.

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
Bottom feeder:
I looked at them a while back and did again, to me it looks good but I would have to find one with usb charging like the Revolution v2.1, at a $39 price tag it's not bad, form factor is good, I haven't used a carto since 2011 lol. Also worried about the thing being squished and leaking in my pocket but definately not bad. What would be the smallest carto I could put on that thing so it doesn't stick out too much ? vMod needs an outside battery charger and would prefer a usb charging on the mod itself.

I can't vouch for anything but the Reo. It doesn't leak and it's rock solid. There is no USB charger, but you probably would only need change the batteries in the morning when you start your day. That's when you would fill your juice anyway. I haven't heard many good things about the other bottom feeders out there.

heysteve

Verified Member
I actually like fiddling with new gear. It sucks when your gear doesn't turn out as great as you hoped for but with rebuildables, it's mostly in your build so it gives me a reason to tear it apart and rebuild. The only time this sucks is when you run out of rebuilding supplies and you gotta make a quick run to the vape shop only to come back with a hole in your pocket after buying a whole bunch of other .... you hadn't initially planned on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread