Well, that was disappointing

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    One day, I hope to change the name of this thread to something more positive. For now though, it's serving as my problems thread.

ProVari is working good now. Picked up a ProVari ring from Vapor Bomb, and it looks fantastic. Ordered a JWrap in white carbon fiber, and one of the LE battery caps with the compass star from ProVape. I AM excited about all this showing up.

If it weren't for juice delivery woes I think I would be just chill... D:<

The only tank I have working is the AGA-T! Also the only one I haven't had any problems with. It leaves me feeling confused because they're supposed to be the most difficult. But really, after the wick fits and you get a coil around it and tied down... It's just some light poking and then everything's fine. It is a little airy, which took a little getting used to. Tons of vapor production and flavor!

Everything else... FAILSAUCE :( haha. I'm trying to laugh about it, I was really upset last night.

I ordered a beautiful pink aluminum Vivi Nova from high desert vapes. Lovely folks. But when I went to install it, fill it with juice it leaked all over the place. Cleaned it out and discovered that the center pin on the Vivi is too long. The base has a press in piece for the center post, then you screw the head on. One of two things happens: if its on the ProVari, the head won't screw on all the way, if I put it together than screw onto the ProVari, the press on piece of the center post snaps off and everything will leak out.
    I've read about people sanding down one of the pieces to make a better fit, but I'm kinda terrified to do that.

Then for a while I was like, whatever I will just clean out the V-Core and vape my juice. Well after I cleaned it out, put it back together the wick started tasting burnt. It was weird because it didn't taste burnt before I cleaned it. So I decided I'd just replace the head. But the replacement head I had, had these plastic pieces over the ends of the wick and they wouldn't come off. Last time they just tugged off, this time it pulled one wick leg off and deformed the coil. -_-

Is this the point in which I loudly scream screw clearomizer and buy a small handful of cheaper RBAs? I just wanna vape, man.

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 16, 2012
    BFE, KY
    Is this the point in which I loudly scream screw clearomizer and buy a small handful of cheaper RBAs? I just wanna vape, man.

That's the point where I gave up on anything BUT RBAs. Two clearos in the same shipment from the same vendor that didn't 'work' the same. Having to remove (or add) the top bit of silica to get it to wick properly. Pre-ohmed coils that weren't what they said they were. Having coils fail for no apparent reason on the second refill of the tank (of course when the tank was FULL!). :-x

eratikmind

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 22, 2013
    Las Vegas/San Francisco
    That's the point where I gave up on anything BUT RBAs. Two clearos in the same shipment from the same vendor that didn't 'work' the same. Having to remove (or add) the top bit of silica to get it to wick properly. Pre-ohmed coils that weren't what they said they were. Having coils fail for no apparent reason on the second refill of the tank (of course when the tank was FULL!). :-x

I have stopped using clearos with the exception of one, which I use on a ego set-up. I love my cartotanks, as I am expecting another to arrive, soon. Since receiving my second RBA, I am slowly reaching the conclusion that, RBAs may be my definitive e juice delivery device.

- Andy . . . Challenge the day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread