What do you use to store & pour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've successfully mixed a few ........... diy flavors w/nic liquid. But, I'm hesitant about what I can use to 'store & pour' (2 of my mixes were 100+ mL).
I used the bottles my nic liquids came in for those 1st batches. Now, I'm buying bigger quantities of no nic liquid & wanting to 'experiment' a little. For 'storing & pouring' my future endeavors, what kind of bottles can I use & how about using jars? I know using the glass would be better, but would the metal in some of the lids have a negative effect? And, aren't some plastics bad for storing ejuice?
Also, pouring the ejuice from 120mL bottles has proven to be messy- any suggestions on how or what to use when I make a successful batch, that'll prove easy to pour?
I've looked into chemistry sets & they seem great for experiments, but not for 'store & pour'.
All this may be really trivial, but I don't want to use anything that could end up causing health problems; after all, it IS chemistry!

ThanX for any & all info!
:vapor: :toast: :vapor:

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
You may want to consider using glass bottles specifically amber colored glass to prevent damage from sunlight. The caps generally are plastic with an insert to make a good seal. A Google search will turn up lots of choices. I've always used what they call "Boston rounds". It's just a style of bottle.
For pouring that can be more tricky..... I always do my pouring of nic and bases in large Tupperware type cake pan bottom to contain spills. When pouring from one bottle to another decanting can help and the use of a funnel really helps if your hands are not so steady like mine. To decant I use a glass stirring rod I've had for years. I honestly don't know where I got it, but you can find them at a chemistry supply or perhaps FleaBay.
Hope this helps a little......

wllmc

Moved On
Oct 29, 2013
colorado springs co
hahaha I always see those and I imagine some guy with a huge vape addiction with a huge mechanical mod a big narley dripping atomizer on it and one of those bottles filled with juice dripping straight from that. lol. glad someone else has looked at those and said , hmmmm can I put juice in that ?
I like the plastic bottles that have a pop up spout from Walmart or CVS. They are in the travel shampoo aisle. They are plastic unfortunately but they great for pouring my vg.

runout_mick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Alberta, Canada
I use 500ml plastic perrier bottles to store mixed juices (the green keeps out stray UV).
I use 500ml plastic graduated cylinders from amazon for most mixing.
I use assorted 30ml to 10ml syringes with large luer lock needles for smaller measuring and transferring.
I also use a few 2 liter plastic bottles for shaking up larger batches, but that doesn't happen too often anymore.
I have hundreds of small 30ml drop tops from ebay for storing final product.

My large bottles with finished product have a hole drilled in the top the diameter of my large needle, and I keep a 30ml syringe sticking from it for easy dispensation.

It all seems to run pretty efficiently, I always keep dedicated bottles/syringes for each flavour so as to not cross contaminate flavours.

Last edited:

Pescondo

May 7, 2013
United States
I use clear plastic 250ml squeeze bottles from the beauty supply store. You can cut the tips to any size for ease of pouring. Then I use a large wire nut to cap the end. Fill them from large bottles of pg, vg, nic, or flavorings, label them and you're good to go. The ml markings also make a good double check for your measurements.

It makes it easy to squirt into any size graduated cylinder with no mess. If I need small quantities, I fill a shallow bowl, then use syringes and pour the excess back into the bottle.

runout_mick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Alberta, Canada
Here's some quick cell pics:

20140531_004033.jpg
20140531_003945.jpg

This is how I keep them stored. Sealed, but easy access to 30ml shots.

500ml bottle, 30ml syringe, large bore needle.

The hole is drilled off-center on purpose to make it easier to draw juice out no matter the level in the bottle.

I like the Perrier bottles for this because the lids are hard plastic, and have no rubber gasket. They just seal by the shape of the lid.

Last edited:

RocketPuppy

Veteran Puppy
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
Bay Area, California, USA
Here's some quick cell pics:

View attachment 341273
View attachment 341274

This is how I keep them stored. Sealed, but easy access to 30ml shots.

500ml bottle, 30ml syringe, large bore needle.

The hole is drilled off-center on purpose to make it easier to draw juice out no matter the level in the bottle.

I like the Perrier bottles for this because the lids are hard plastic, and have no rubber gasket. They just seal by the shape of the lid.

Very, very cool and ingenious. I'll be copying this. Thank you! I might add some septa (the stuff in open top vials) to make it airtight. It never occurred to me to make my own, and when researching closures like this, the prices are high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread