What exactly are, "tank crackers?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndigoChild

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2014
Sacramento, California, USA
So I bought the Kanger Pro tank 2 Mini tanks this month. I LOVE them in compared to the original EVOD tanks! No dripping, for one. Also, the liquid doesn't change color to a darkened tint, which I think, may have indicated burning. The experience with the new tank is completely vapor - signs of burning are completely obsolete. I also like how it doesn't get so dirty and can be taken apart and cleaned piece by piece as the entire thing breaks down completely. And then of course I can put whatever flavor I like in them :)

Buuut... My Kanger EVOD batteries now seem out of date, technologically. They're starting to fall apart and lose their luster and color. The charger has some rusting on it already, too. I know it won't be too long before the batteries start breaking down. What would you guys recommend to replace them? I would need a 510 fit. Also, I'm just looking for replacement batteries that are higher quality; i.e. cannot afford to spend $100 on something elite like an Innokin iTaste right now.

P.S. I've not had even ONE cigarette since I switched! I can't believe it... Nothing has ever worked before. Thank you to everyone for helping me find this alternative method and get set up... Without you guys, I'd have consumed 1620 cigarettes over the last 54 days and spent at least $650!

Oh yeah, since this is at the end of a thread and nobody may end up reading this... I'll copy and paste this into a new post and redirect to it with a link, right here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/581962-what-battery-should-i-upgrade-point.html#post13645534

exnihilo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Off topic and inappropriate

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Why do they make a product that ruins the units to begin with? Also, if you've used a flavor that was listed as a tank cracker and it didn't crack, throughout at least two full tanks of it, does that mean you're good? - Since you guys are saying that it's something that happens immediately. Also, what do you guys think about the Pina Colada and the Rainbow Sherbet? Neither are on the list but the first has pineapple in it which is kind of citrus-y. The second has notes of orange in it which is citrus-y.

its not so much they are making a product that ruins tanks,its that there are a lot of tanks being made with lower grade plastic. some how the juice manufacturers got all the blame. i have plastic tanks that will take anything i put in them. others i know not to use the so called tank crackers. tanks with thinner plastic and colored tanks are more apt to crack than lets say a genuine esmart tank. so we are part of the problem wanting cool colors. juice makers post warnings in part to protect themselves from liability and so as not to alienate vendors who may be supplying them with other merchandise.
:2c:
regards
mike

Maurice Pudlo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
Why do they make a product that ruins the units to begin with? Also, if you've used a flavor that was listed as a tank cracker and it didn't crack, throughout at least two full tanks of it, does that mean you're good? - Since you guys are saying that it's something that happens immediately. Also, what do you guys think about the Pina Colada and the Rainbow Sherbet? Neither are on the list but the first has pineapple in it which is kind of citrus-y. The second has notes of orange in it which is citrus-y.

Some e-liquids take a bit of time to work their evil ways, my only thought on the subject of why the make juices that can attack certain plastics is that people enjoy these flavors.

I tend to wonder more why people market products that are able to be damaged by a particular eliquid.

Yes glass is fragile to some extent, but it is always impervious to the e-liquids we use.

Maurice

Tangaroav

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
QC & FL
If youre using the EVOD clearomizers then the protanks will fit just fine. They use the same atomizers as the EVODS. Get a couple and youll never have to worry about tank cracking liquids again.

Its nothing harmful to you, its just a chemical reaction with the liquid and the material the tank's made out of. I dont know the science of it, thats some of that devil voo-doo stuff!! Someone else may chime in though.

Sent from my Atari 2600 using Tapatalk

It can be harmfull. I am sure as I lived this with a polycarbonate tank and pepermint e-juice made with TFA flavor.
My tank started to melt and the vapor had a very strong chemical flavor. It took less than one hour of vaping before it became unbearable when I notice the tank clouding. Breathing the chemical mixure has to be bad for the human body.

See link for a photo of tank: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...878-pepermint-disolved-plastic-tank-fast.html

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
its not so much they are making a product that ruins tanks,its that there are a lot of tanks being made with lower grade plastic.

Let the finger pointing begin.

Maybe something will happen to make them all "get on the same page".

Right now, I'm sorta tired of losing money, having my clearomizers that I paid hard earned $$ for ---- melt, get cloudy, or crack, or have my o-rings degrade, etc. etc. etc.

I shouldn't have to engage in a major "research project" every time I want to use a juice or a clearo, should I?:confused:

(As long as somebody figures out how to explain this appropriately to the FDA, I really don't care who's fault it is.......I may as well say that, since that day is gonna come whether i say it or not)

Last edited:

Tangaroav

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
QC & FL
Let the finger pointing begin.

Maybe something will happen to make them all "get on the same page".

Right now, I'm sorta tired of losing money, having my clearomizers that I paid hard earned $$ for ---- melt, get cloudy, or crack, or have my o-rings degrade, etc. etc. etc.

I shouldn't have to engage in a major "research project" every time I want to use a juice or a clearo, should I?:confused:

(As long as somebody figures out how to explain this appropriately to the FDA, I really don't care who's fault it is.......I may as well say that, since that day is gonna come whether i say it or not)

Notice how popular the hoarding thread is ? So you CAN say it.

jadebunny

Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
SingalalaLand
I have a CE4 too, how much juice did you fill your tank with? Up to 100% full? I'm hoping a partial fill will not cause as severe a damage...

I didn't really believe it until I filled a CE4 with MBV Extreme Soda and it cracked before I had the tip all the way back on. Go Pyrex!

Tangaroav

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
QC & FL
I have a CE4 too, how much juice did you fill your tank with? Up to 100% full? I'm hoping a partial fill will not cause as severe a damage...

If you only put your little finger in fire, will it burn less ? :) :)

Seriously, some plastic should be forbidden as the chemical mixure resulting from the tank melting is very aggressive when it becomes obvious and than you realise that you have been vaping for a while and breathing this foul mixure.... :(

Last edited:

IndigoChild

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2014
Sacramento, California, USA
I noticed that some of the really expensive Innokin iTaste models can't take all the flavors... That's kind of a bummer because I wanted to upgrade to something really nice, but I need something that won't break. Right now I'm using a Kanger EVOD basic battery from a starter kit and a Kanger Protank 2 Mini pyrex tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread