What is the best way to sample all of my new juices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcwest

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2012
Pontotoc MS
I agree with dean.. I try new liquids on a Twist with an atomizer.. Just a couple drops cranked all the way up to 4.8 volts gives a good idea of what its goign to be like.. Then if i like it.. (Being a 6ML-9ML a day vaper) ill fill up a 1.5 OHM SmokeTech SingleCoilTank (3ML) and get started.. If i dont like it.. I let my wife try it.. if she doesnt like it.. off to the trash it goes..

If you are like me and are a chain vaper.. Smoke lower NIC juice so you can vape more..

dayworks

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2012
Austin, Texas, USA
I would recommend picking up a couple of basic Joyetech 510 atomizers for your Twist. Mine taste better than any of the others I have (although I do have some Boges coming in that I haven't tried yet). When they are clean and dry, screw one of them onto your twist and directly drip 3-5 drops of some e-liquid into it (to prime and fill it). After you've had maybe 6-8 puffs, top it off with 2-3 more drops of juice. You'll be able to tell when you've vaped most of the juice. At that point, I personally just go to a new juice (if I'm sampling). I find the flavor of the new juice will come right through just fine on the first or second puff. So, to me at least, I see no reason to fuss with cleaning or swapping out an atomizer just to try a new flavor (I place a high value on simplicity).

BluEyedTxn

Aug 9, 2012
Brazoria, TX
I would recommend picking up a couple of basic Joyetech 510 atomizers for your Twist. Mine taste better than any of the others I have (although I do have some Boges coming in that I haven't tried yet). When they are clean and dry, screw one of them onto your twist and directly drip 3-5 drops of some e-liquid into it (to prime and fill it). After you've had maybe 6-8 puffs, top it off with 2-3 more drops of juice. You'll be able to tell when you've vaped most of the juice. At that point, I personally just go to a new juice (if I'm sampling). I find the flavor of the new juice will come right through just fine on the first or second puff. So, to me at least, I see no reason to fuss with cleaning or swapping out an atomizer just to try a new flavor (I place a high value on simplicity).

So Dayworks - I don't need a cartridge with the Joyetech 510 atomizer? And if not, what kind of tip do I need for the atty?

dayworks

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2012
Austin, Texas, USA
So Dayworks - I don't need a cartridge with the Joyetech 510 atomizer? And if not, what kind of tip do I need for the atty?
No, there's no need for any cartridge. The cartridge thing has largely gone the way of the dodo bird. Like Cuando said, you just need a drip tip.

One thing I would mention about all this is, some folks just drip right down inside of their drip tips (thus the name...drip tip), but especially for sampling, I would recommend just pulling the tip out to add some new juice directly into the atty. That'll do two things: 1. It will insure that all the juice you add will actually make it to the atomizer and, 2. It will for the most part keep different flavors from mingling in the drip tip.

I just set out a few bottles I wish to try, smoke a bit of one, pop my drip tip off, add 2-4 drops of the next juice, plug the tip back in, hit that one, then repeat with the next juice. I would also mention that I tend to sample "families" of juices. So, I'll do maybe four or five tobacco flavors, then clean my atty and do maybe four or five desert-type flavors, etc. This allows me to compare similar tasting juices and also helps insure what I'm tasting doesn't get too strange.

Last edited:

Kinnson

Jul 20, 2012
United States
I would recommend just pulling the tip out to add some new juice directly into the atty. That'll do two things: 1. It will insure that all the juice you add will actually make it to the atomizer and, 2. It will for the most part keep different flavors from mingling in the drip tip.

I agree with this, I also like to have some alcohol to dip the atty in to completely clean the residual juice. Sometimes I like to mix juices to find other flavors.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
I agree with dean.. I try new liquids on a Twist with an atomizer.. Just a couple drops cranked all the way up to 4.8 volts gives a good idea of what its goign to be like.. Then if i like it.. (Being a 6ML-9ML a day vaper) ill fill up a 1.5 OHM SmokeTech SingleCoilTank (3ML) and get started.. If i dont like it.. I let my wife try it.. if she doesnt like it.. off to the trash it goes..

If you are like me and are a chain vaper.. Smoke lower NIC juice so you can vape more..

While you might like a really hot vape, many don't.
I'd advise to taste juices initially at your most common voltage setting and resistance and adjust from there instead of going to full torch mode right off the bat.

For me that's about 3.7v with a 2.5 ohm atty, but I like cooler vapes. If I were to put my juice in a 1.5 ohm and crank the Twist up to max I'd hate everything :D

Last edited:

drummerskey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
little birdhouse in your soul
Dont know if this helps but I had an extra carto that was pre-filled so I pulled out the stuffing carefully and then washed it out with hot water for about 5- 10 minutes.

After it dried out (and I blew the water out of the air hole), I dripped the new sauce I bought from vapedudes and it worked perfectly. I didnt really even wash it out between flavors, just vaped it dry and added the new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread