What is your favorite single coil build on a 3.7 volt device ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
What is your go to single coil build in terms of gauge wire, diameter, and number of wraps : (no fancy Clapton or twisted build just a "regular" wrap)

And if you have a reason please include it: For example: "I'm a flavor junkie and this is best flavor build I've found" or "I like short ramp up times" etc ...

(I know preferences may vary greatly)

Thank you very much

:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
A very basic dual coil, microcoil build from 28 gauge kanthal, 3.0 mm inner diameter for easier wicking. Generally between 0.6 - 0.7 ohms overall.

For the wick I prefer either cotton bacon or Ko Gen Do Japanese cotton, ... or Rayon (cellucotton) in a pinch.

I've built and vaped my own and other's exotic builds. They're ok from a hobbyist or enthusiast perspective if you really enjoy making coils, but IMHO they don't vape any better than a simple microcoil. My motto is K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid) ;)

Edit: Ooops! You said "single coil" build. I build a same size 3 mm diameter single microcoil with 28 gauge kanthal @ 1.4 - 1.5 ohm for my kayfun Lite on my Provari. Yeah, I'm sometimes a Tootle Puffer, too.

Last edited:

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
I find the more complicated anything is the more "Murphy's Law" applies, i.e. if anything can go wrong it will. So, the less moving parts, the less "Murphy's Law" ......or K.I.S.S. Also, perfectly happy being a Tootle Puffer......Also don''t use all the functions on my computer nor wind my vehicle out to the max on spedometer. Gad, I hate having to use instruction manuals!!! Ha! :) Single slightly open coil with 30 kanthal with cellucotton 7-9 wraps anywhere from 1.5 to 2 ohms gets me where I want to go......Shoot! Just probably hit the "Peter Principle" limit. LOL

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
What's a tootle puffer-lol? ---- baditude - I like the larger Diameter build too (you mentioned 3mm)!!--- I thought I was the only one since all I mostly see is 1/16 drill bit all the time and super nano coils-. I get burnt taste every time I go small like that!! I like a healthy diameter so the wick can get properly saturated IMO. This info you guys provided helped alot. I thought I was doing things wrong but this assured me I'm not too far off base. And I'm going to try a couple of these specs you guys provided. Thank you much !

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Tootle Puffer = cooler vape not above 15 watts, no huge clouds, your juice will last longer. There's a whole long thread started by Katdarling on Tootle Puffing that's a rather enjoyable read. There's a whole bunch of us out there......Felt warm all over finding out I wasn't the only one! :w00t:

erictho

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
Edmonton
i just have lemos so far. i use 26g kanthal, wrapped around the 3mm post 8 times. comes out pretty close to 1.5 ohms each time by the time i secure it to the deck.
it is my go to bc i have never really preferred dual coils over single coils, i use only mechs and i am used to that being just more than fine in the way of vapor production.

Reactions: flexsr

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
Thx "choochoo" on the tootle puffer explanation. Lol . I guess I'm a club member too. I have to find that thread you mentioned.

Glad to see these higher diameter coils - I thought I was only one who preferred that........ I kept trying to tweak my builds at these lower diameters (cause I thought it was the "right" way and 2 out of 3 of the coils would suck '!

Interesting on the 4 wrap build - another "rule" break that works perfectly fine for you. Inspires me to try some more out of norm things

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Thx "choochoo" on the tootle puffer explanation. Lol . I guess I'm a club member too. I have to find that thread you mentioned.

Glad to see these higher diameter coils - I thought I was only one who preferred that........ I kept trying to tweak my builds at these lower diameters (cause I thought it was the "right" way and 2 out of 3 of the coils would suck '!

Interesting on the 4 wrap build - another "rule" break that works perfectly fine for you. Inspires me to try some more out of norm things

Not only a Tootle Puffer but a complete technophobe on computer, so I hope I've posted the link right for the Tootle Puffer thread! :)

Are YOU a Tootle Puffer?? | E-Cigarette Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread