What is your favorite single coil build on a 3.7 volt device ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
6 wraps of 29 ga around a 2mm installed horizontal. It's 1.1 ohms. ... I can't really say why it's "favorite" though. For a single coil on the device I run singles in, I'm pretty happy anywhere between .9 and 1.1 ohms.... and I've done it with 8 wraps on a 2.5mm with 26 ga, 6 1/2 wraps (installed vertical so the half wrap) on 2mm with 28 ga, 24 ga 8 wraps on 3mm etc etc etc. ... 29 ga was the first wire I bought for a rebuildable, so maybe it's my favorite out of habit.... but then, that PV has substantial v-drop and doesn't have a switch that can take super-low ohms, so maybe it's just the speed the thin wire heats up that makes me like it. I'm not really sure.

Normally, I wick pretty much everything with KGD cotton, but the single coil atty I use the most has been wicked with ReadyXwick for a few months now... I can't say either one of those is "favorite" or not. They're both produce very clean flavor. The cotton is cheap but requires replacement often. The ReadyX is expensive but dry burn it until the juice in it catches fire and then rinse it under the tap and it's snow white again. It lasts longer than a coil will.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
i dont know exactly how many wraps, but I use Nichrome 80 Wire, wrapped around a 2mm or 2.5mm post, 0.15-0.25ohms. I use Nichrome 80 wire because I love the instant vapor, no rampup time like Kanthal, and I love to take short 1-2s drags. Only downside is if your not experienced with nichrome and 'try' to take super long drags and dont have enough airflow on your atty to cooldown the wires, the nichrome will melt and give you a disgusting taste in your mouth. I just dislike vaping with kanthal now because of the rampup time, I dont really like taking warmup hits or super long drags, Nichrome 80 wire is the closest I've gotten to a cigarette style drag

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
A very basic hand wrapped 32 gauge over 3mm silica 1.8ohm 4 wraps.
Gives me great flavor

THIS ^^^ for now anyway. I will probably snatch one of the 3 mm wicks out one day and try the same coil with some cotton but the longer lasting Silica is working well too.

Seems to me there are some Cloud Clowns responding to this thread who glossed over the "3.7 volt" part...
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
For single coils on my REO, I like to use tight drill-twisted 30ga. I know this is ouside the scope of your inquiry, but I have found twisted wire gives fuller vapor and flavor than equivalent sized single strand. I'm just barely below 1ohm (.5-.6) with this wire. I like a slightly warm vape with huge airflow for flavor and full vapor.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
THIS ^^^ for now anyway. I will probably snatch one of the 3 mm wicks out one day and try the same coil with some cotton but the longer lasting Silica is working well too.

Seems to me there are some Cloud Clowns responding to this thread who glossed over the "3.7 volt" part...
Bruce in Ocala, Fl
NONE of the builds suggested yet would be anything but a joke in a cloud comp. You're way, way off!

OP could be asking for his Istick 50W, MVP 3.0 or a DNA 40 device.
OP could also be asking about any mech on the market since our batteries are nominal 3.7V regardless that they charge to 4.2V.

So every actual answer thus far (especially your own) has lacked the foresight to ask what 3.7V means.

See my prior post... no answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread