What should I start out with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arbcc041

Aug 6, 2013
Monticello, ar
I only smoke a pack about every 3 days. I smoke one before work, lunch and when I get off work. On the weekends I smoke about a pack though. (I recently quit smoking and started again) I really don't want this to be a new habit, but I really crave a cigarette but I also hate the smell! Another reason I don't want to smoke cigarettes is because it makes my voice raspy. Will e-cigarettes not cause this? I'm thinking about going to the tobacco store after work and trying out a disposable e-cigarette instead of the chargeable ones bc I'm not wanting to spend a lot of $$ either. What are your suggestions and what should I look for?

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I've never tried a disposable. I've heard some are pretty good and that others are absolutely worthless. You might check in the Disposable E-cigarettes/ sub-forum for reviews.

You can't post there yet, not until you've made 5 posts in the New Members forum. But, you can read still. Then just come back here to ask about anything specific to get more info.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
If you're going to try a disposable from a local store, get an NJoy King Bold. It's the closest you'll come to a real nicotine satisfaction from a disposable. Be warned though, it might last only a few hours. That's why disposables usually aren't a long term, cost effective solution.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
disposeables cost more than a ego system...Ego sytems are so simple and no hassles...ego 1100a battery, CE5 clearomizer, AC charger w USB adapter, carrying case = $12.22 $12.22 CE4+ 4-in-1 USB Rechargeable 1100mAh Electronic Cigarettes Health Keeping Set - black / US plug Adapter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Just be warned that this is in China and will likely take a couple of weeks to get to you. There are many US sites that you can buy from that will get to you faster.

But, even better, can you get to an actual e-cig store in person to try things out?

ETA: As little as you smoke, you might try getting a starter kit from Smokeless Image. Once you get your kit, you can take a picture of yourself using it or holding up the box and post it here. Then Smokeless Image will send you a free battery or juice too.

Use coupon code 10VOLTECF for 10% off entire purchase and CompareOur808d for 15% off cartomizers only.

Smokeless Image has the best reputation for affordable cig-alikes, and has excellent customer service.

Last edited:

Underloud

Aug 5, 2013
Portland, OR
I only smoke a pack about every 3 days. I smoke one before work, lunch and when I get off work. On the weekends I smoke about a pack though. (I recently quit smoking and started again) I really don't want this to be a new habit, but I really crave a cigarette but I also hate the smell! Another reason I don't want to smoke cigarettes is because it makes my voice raspy. Will e-cigarettes not cause this? I'm thinking about going to the tobacco store after work and trying out a disposable e-cigarette instead of the chargeable ones bc I'm not wanting to spend a lot of $$ either. What are your suggestions and what should I look for?

Unfortunately many find out the hard way...better in the long run (heck, even in the short run for some) to buy a decent device rather than spend any cash on something you plan to toss in the garbage. There are a lot of inexpensive rebuildable units out there--and this forum is the perfect place for you to do a bit of research. Also, watch YouTube for some good reviews that may help you. Good luck!

redbucket

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
USA
I just wanted to mention it's totally fine to get a disposable to see what vaping feels like, if it's going to work for you. Like IBCR mentioned, get the nJoy King if you decide to do this.

But order an eGo like kit online for best results. If having a cig-looking device is important to you (it is to me), get the eRoll (just google it or check out the forum here about it).

Good luck!

Arbcc041

Aug 6, 2013
Monticello, ar
Just be warned that this is in China and will likely take a couple of weeks to get to you. There are many US sites that you can buy from that will get to you faster.

But, even better, can you get to an actual e-cig store in person to try things out?

I live in a small town and we don't have an e-cig store. I just called one of the tobacco stores and he said they have disposable ones and the ones with the battery (he called the ones with the battery something else, that was just my interpretation). Do you think I should even bother with their rechargeable ones or just wait until I can get to an e-cig store?

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran

ETA: As little as you smoke, you might try getting a starter kit from Smokeless Image. Once you get your kit, you can take a picture of yourself using it or holding up the box and post it here. Then Smokeless Image will send you a free battery or juice too.

Use coupon code 10VOLTECF for 10% off entire purchase and CompareOur808d for 15% off cartomizers only.

Smokeless Image has the best reputation for affordable cig-alikes, and has excellent customer service.

Dancing....All those starter kits U show are for disposeables and cost more than $12.22 from fastech which arrives to Massachusetts within 10 days from ordering...and nobody sells these starter kits cheaper that fasttech....and I bet your disposeables were also made in China and your site is just an intermediate middle man selling them here in the US

Last edited:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I live in a small town and we don't have an e-cig store. I just called one of the tobacco stores and he said they have disposable ones and the ones with the battery (he called the ones with the battery something else, that was just my interpretation). Do you think I should even bother with their rechargeable ones or just wait until I can get to an e-cig store?
Can you get the brand names of the what he has, both disposables and rechargeables?

Dancing....All those starter kits U show are for disposeables and cost more than $12.22 from fastech which arrives to Massachusetts within 10 days from ordering...and nobody sells these starter kits cheaper that fasttech....and I bet your disposeables were also made in China and your site is just an intermediate middle man selling them here in the US
I only linked to one starter kit. It is not a disposable. And, this is a reputable US vendor with a strong following here on ECF.

Fast Tech's quality is all over the place. They have some excellent quality stuff. But, they have a lot of junk too. It's not the place I would send a newby to get their first taste of e-cigs. It's great for extra stuff later, when you already have your basics taken care of and can afford to take a risk on extras.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I only smoke a pack about every 3 days. I smoke one before work, lunch and when I get off work. On the weekends I smoke about a pack though. (I recently quit smoking and started again) I really don't want this to be a new habit, but I really crave a cigarette but I also hate the smell! Another reason I don't want to smoke cigarettes is because it makes my voice raspy.

Hello fellow Arkansan. :)

1) High PG can make your throat a little sensitive, so I would not go any higher than 50PG/50VG ratio to start off with

2) Nic level for you, a pack every 3 days, would be about 6mg nicotine. For the stressful days, probably about 10-12mg for somebody with your smoking pattern. You don't smoke enough to start off any higher, and may feel naseaous and or lightheaded otherwise.

3) If you are a newbie, you should establish a good relationship with a local vendor (meaning U.S.) before ordering direct from china...someone who can answer questions and will replace stuff if it doesn't work, etc. I would just get 2 ego twists or 2 ego spinners and some evod clearomizers. If you do get the vivi nova do not get the full size one...it is too top heavy for an ego or spinner IMHO.
I use altsmoke.com, cignot, myvaporstore, vaporkings and vapors choice. ejuicemonkey is right here in rogers AR though, probably fastest.

Last edited:

shakeytails

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Kentucky, United States
I wouldn't get a disposable. If your smoke shops are anything like mine, they'll have a cheapie re-chargeable. Clayton is the first one I bought. It was $8 for the battery, cartridge and usb charger in a cigarette size pack. Another pack of 5 cartridges was $8. If you're so inclined and can find juice locally, you can pop the tops off the carts and re-fill them. I did this for a week before my first starter kit came in.

Just for kicks I just picked up that Clayton as it was nearby, and screwed a Vivi Nova on to it. It's been just hanging around for at least a month now, unused. It looks kinda funny, but vapes just fine with the nova on it.

ETA: I just looked on Clayton's website, and according to it, they are carried at your Circle N in Monticello. There's probably other places, too. The place I bought mine from in KY isn't listed, but I know they still have them.

Last edited:

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
I believe someone who hardly even smokes analogs should spend very little to start and just needs the cheapest and simplest ego system to start, because I seriously doubt they will need or want to spend a lot of money on they barely really will use or need...and fastech fills that need very nicely, and their products are not garbage and bought daily by the members here, newbie or not doesn't matter......and they too are well known and liked here and have their own huge thread...and there is no local BM shop as previously stated...but I may take a long ride 1 day to a BM shop and talk to people or read these forums for more info...good luck arb with whatever U decide..

Last edited:

gdeach

Jun 5, 2013
nj
VAPORS s in Brick is NJ's best E-cig store. Ive been to the three that I know of and this place does it right at a reasonable price. They have some pretty good juices, that you can sample in store, so your not just guessing. Good array of batteries, mods, atty's and other hardware and are very helpful.
I live an hours drive from them but I'm hoping to convince them to open a North Jerzy store!

I'm a new member so this is the only place I can post this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread