Should I start vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali Youssef

Jul 2, 2017
That is a very good point, zoiDiman, I missed that. Ali, you should get that checked out ASAP. It could be a quitting effect, but I don't think it's a common one. It could also be a *psychological* effect, but you still need to rule out any problems/issues with your lungs with your doc, ASAP. Sorry to add to your stress, but it's really important to make sure you are okay.

Are you coughing up a lot of stuff? How heavy was your smoking? But, whatever the answers are, if this persists more than a few minutes, you should get it checked out.

The only thing I can *even* come up with, is if you have asthma or something like that, your lungs may be extra aggravated during the quitting process, but I am NOT a doctor, and I think you should get checked out ASAP, too.

Anna
It's not a psychological effect at all, im suffering right now, started yesterday we pretty weak you can ignore it, but 2 hours ago i started suffering, it exactly in the middle of my chest, it's like getting a pen and pushing it right through my chest non stop. I haven't been coughing at all but im definitely going to the docotr

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That sounds pretty unusual Ali, and I'm glad you are heading to see your GP soon. Just.... stick around people if you can handle it, in case you suddenly keel over... We don't want everything to "all go away" by you passing out cold and not being able to call for help, I'm just a bit alarmed by your symptoms. Everyone on here is just concerned about you, while we may be vaping, most of us have given up tobacco, and I *never* had an effect like that. Be safe.

Anna

Ali Youssef

Jul 2, 2017
That sounds pretty unusual Ali, and I'm glad you are heading to see your GP soon. Just.... stick around people if you can handle it, in case you suddenly keel over... We don't want everything to "all go away" by you passing out cold and not being able to call for help, I'm just a bit alarmed by your symptoms. Everyone on here is just concerned about you, while we may be vaping, most of us have given up tobacco, and I *never* had an effect like that. Be safe.

Anna
Thank you very much:w00t:

I've read tightness of chest can happen after quitting, but this is sever it's not like everyone described, I will go to see a doctor just in case though it never hurts.

Ali Youssef

Jul 2, 2017
If I felt like someone was stabbing me in the chest with a pen and I was literally suffering, you can bet I wouldn't find posting on ecf anywhere near the top of my to do list. C'mon man! :blink:
hahaha I'm in another lecture there is nothing I can do now to be honest, it's getting better now btu didn't go away, I'll head to GP after I finish

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
So I have been smoking for the last 2.5-3 years, sometimes I'd smoke 10cigs a day, and sometimes a pack or even a pack and a half, depends on the day really.
Anyway, I decided to quit for good(cold turkey), it has been 3 days now, yesterday was really harsh, but today i'm feeling much better.
What comes to mind is not how much i miss cigarettes, because at the moment I'm at the point that I hate cigarettes, never want to touch them again, but what I crave is the routine, not the cigarette itself.
So I was thinking to start vaping at 0mg nicotine, should I do it or just continue with my life?
Welcome and glad you joined.
Felt the same way only I hoped that vaping would fill the void. I was correct. Start simple and work your way up to the advanced vape equipment if you must (still vaping at 1.5-2.0 ohms). I'm at zero nic but only after my first year. I would not rule out some nic juice if you get nic cravings. Vaping with nic is infinitely safer than smokes.
Might like to read:
Guide: The Beginners Guide to Vaping | onVaping
https://www.vape-town.co.uk/vaping-guide/useful-links-&-further-Information.html
http://www.vaporauthority.com/pages/learn
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum
VapeWild Test Results

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
It's not a psychological effect at all, im suffering right now, started yesterday we pretty weak you can ignore it, but 2 hours ago i started suffering, it exactly in the middle of my chest, it's like getting a pen and pushing it right through my chest non stop. I haven't been coughing at all but im definitely going to the docotr

Could be as simple as GERD/REFLUX, anxiety, etc.

Maybe esophageal, not lung related at all. Or just nerve thing going on in a rib or something.

Have you tried some heartburn medicine in the meantime? I have GERD and it was first mistaken as a heart attack. So very painful!

Yeah, get it checked out.

Call 911 if you have any of these symptoms along with chest pain:
  • A sudden feeling of pressure, squeezing, tightness, or crushing under your breastbone
  • Chest pain that spreads to your jaw, left arm, or back
  • Sudden sharp chest pain with shortness of breath, especially after a long period of inactivity
  • Nausea, dizziness, rapid heart rate or rapid breathing, confusion, ashen color, or excessive sweating
  • Very low blood pressure or very low heart rate

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I've had pains right there and if I push on it, it feels 10x worse. If you go to the ER they will put you through $5000 of heart tests automatically, when both my intuition and experience (total $10000) says that has nothing to do with it. In my case, they also made no effort whatsoever to figure out the actual problem. I don't qualify to give medical advice, but apparently neither do many of these facilities.

As to vaping, you have to ask yourself the honest question of what do you really want, what your motivations are. It's likely you should continue smoke-free, but you may be able to do it but be unhappy. I don't highly recommend 0 nic though.

Ali Youssef

Jul 2, 2017
    I've had pains right there and if I push on it, it feels 10x worse. If you go to the ER they will put you through $5000 of heart tests automatically, when both my intuition and experience (total $10000) says that has nothing to do with it. In my case, they also made no effort whatsoever to figure out the actual problem. I don't qualify to give medical advice, but apparently neither do many of these facilities.

As to vaping, you have to ask yourself the honest question of what do you really want, what your motivations are. It's likely you should continue smoke-free, but you may be able to do it but be unhappy. I don't highly recommend 0 nic though.
    I have been asking myself this question a lot recently and seem to avoid it every time, honest truth, i just want something to inhale and pass time with it , without killing me, thats my answer really. I've bought carrots and gum, I think gum has been helping with the craving a little bit

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I have been asking myself this question a lot recently and seem to avoid it every time, honest truth, i just want something to inhale and pass time with it , without killing me, thats my answer really. I've bought carrots and gum, I think gum has been helping with the craving a little bit

Do yourself a Favor.

And that is ask yourself that Question when you are Smoking. Or after 3 Weeks of Not Smoking. But not when you are 4 days or so Off Smoking.

Because that 1st Week after Quitting can be Brutal. And thinking Clearly can be Hard.

You can Make It Ali. Just hang in there. And get someone to figure out what is going on with that Pain in your Chest.

Reactions: Ali Youssef

listopencil

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2017
    In Partibus Infidelium
    I would recommend to anyone that they don't smoke or vape. If you can find anything else that works for you, do it. Gum. Hard candy. Vigorous exercise. Even a fidget spinner if that works for you. But if you do find that you can't quit cold turkey then get a vape instead of buying a pack of smokes.

Ali Youssef

Jul 2, 2017
    Do yourself a Favor.

And that is ask yourself that Question when you are Smoking. Or after 3 Weeks of Not Smoking. But not when you are 4 days or so Off Smoking.

Because that 1st Week after Quitting can be Brutal. And thinking Clearly can be Hard.

You can Make It Ali. Just hang in there. And get someone to figure out what is going on with that Pain in your Chest.
    The pain is less now, I have made an appointment tomorrow with GP, i guess everything will be fine

Reactions: zoiDman

Ali Youssef

Jul 2, 2017
    I would recommend to anyone that they don't smoke or vape. If you can find anything else that works for you, do it. Gum. Hard candy. Vigorous exercise. Even a fidget spinner if that works for you. But if you do find that you can't quit cold turkey then get a vape instead of buying a pack of smokes.
    for 3 weeks now I've been reading about smoking, what goes in a cigarette, what cigarettes can really cause , and i'm never smoking a cigarette again, I really dont want to kill myself:lol:

as as about vaping, i think ill wait another week or 2, I really think I can manage without a vape, life isn't all about smoking

I really appreciate everyone's help here

listopencil

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2017
    In Partibus Infidelium
    for 3 weeks now I've been reading about smoking, what goes in a cigarette, what cigarettes can really cause , and i'm never smoking a cigarette again, I really dont want to kill myself:lol:

as as about vaping, i think ill wait another week or 2, I really think I can manage without a vape, life isn't all about smoking

I really appreciate everyone's help here

Awesome. I hope you keep it up. Good luck!

Reactions: Ali Youssef

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    That's great Ali. Just remember..... hold out as best you can, but if it comes to smoking/vaping 0 nic, I'd recommend the latter. When I switched to a vape I was a mess for about 2 weeks, but I kept reminding myself the brain function would return, eventually. It will. You can then more accurately assess what you need, as far as habit changing. Honestly, think survival mode for now. Be *nice* to yourself, be *gentle* with yourself, and take it easy for a bit. It will pass. If it doesn't, vaping will still be there, and probably 0 nic would be more pleasant if you're fully off the nicotine. As an example, I once quit and was *sure* that herbal tobacco (yes, it's an actual thing) would fully help me with my nic cravings, I just wanted to *relax*. Smoking random herbs that don't contain psychoactive compounds, like nicotine, is not all it's cracked up to be. I think I smoked three out of the pack, before returning to smoking. You're doing really good, so save any and all experimenting (UNLESS you think you're going to buy a pack of smokes, drive your car to the vape store instead) until you aren't dealing with braindamage (or at least, brain up/down regulation). That NEVER feels good. It's ALWAYS miserable.

Anna

Ali Youssef

Jul 2, 2017
    That's great Ali. Just remember..... hold out as best you can, but if it comes to smoking/vaping 0 nic, I'd recommend the latter. When I switched to a vape I was a mess for about 2 weeks, but I kept reminding myself the brain function would return, eventually. It will. You can then more accurately assess what you need, as far as habit changing. Honestly, think survival mode for now. Be *nice* to yourself, be *gentle* with yourself, and take it easy for a bit. It will pass. If it doesn't, vaping will still be there, and probably 0 nic would be more pleasant if you're fully off the nicotine. As an example, I once quit and was *sure* that herbal tobacco (yes, it's an actual thing) would fully help me with my nic cravings, I just wanted to *relax*. Smoking random herbs that don't contain psychoactive compounds, like nicotine, is not all it's cracked up to be. I think I smoked three out of the pack, before returning to smoking. You're doing really good, so save any and all experimenting (UNLESS you think you're going to buy a pack of smokes, drive your car to the vape store instead) until you aren't dealing with braindamage (or at least, brain up/down regulation). That NEVER feels good. It's ALWAYS miserable.

Anna
    You have been a great deal of help, thank you very much.

I'm almost at my fifth day now, I dont like to count as it will just keep reminding me about something that I really want to ignore.

I dont want to smoke a cigarette but I want to smoke something, I dont know how to explain it:lol:, like something to hold, inhale and pass time with it, but definitely not cigarettes

thank you anyway.:thumb:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread