What to buy....V2 or Smokeless Image?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vap0r125

Jan 8, 2013
Reading
Hey guys,
I made a post the other day about what kinds of e cigs are good out there, and I narrowed my choice down to either the V2 or a Volt from smokeless image. The prices come out similar and I want to know what your opinions are on which is better on; life, cartomizer quality, general quality etc. I will be filling these with my own juice from Johnson Creek.

Please let me know your opinions....
Thanks!:)

I have used so many kits in the past. Everything from Ego 510 to Boge Revolution etc. I got tired of constantly recharging batteries
etc. I stepped up 5 months ago and got a Mini Provari v2 and it was the BEST investment i ever made. I use that with a Phiniac tank
or with a Boge LR Carto with drip tip. I also use HH357 atty. Love it..

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
SmokelessImage has a 16% off coupon code - VOLTSAVE

There is one difference that I feel is important. The V2 is unregulated, which means it runs around 4.1-4.2 volts fresh off the charger and dwindles down to about 3.4 volts as it discharges. This means that the vape starts hot and cools over time. When I had my V2, I always found that the first 10 vapes from a fresh battery tasted burnt.

The Volt, on the other hand, is regulated, and runs at a constant voltage of 3.7 volts from full charge to discharge.

Last edited:

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA

Dovahkiin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Mechanicsville Va

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
Smokeless Image probably has the best cartomizer and clearomizer choices of branded 808 vendors, as well as vGo fat batteries in automatic and manual.

About the only thing from V2 worth looking at are their T4's (Liquid Max Blanks), but since they're both 808's then you could always buy some for the Volt.

I've been told the V2's are Gen1. The Gen1 batteries are unregulated, so they run hotter off the charger and steadily wind down. Some people find they prefer the hotter vape. Also, they have a large hole through the center post of the battery which allows for an airy draw. This also leads to a greater risk of the battery getting liquid on the contacts and shorting out.

The Volt's are Gen2. This means their batteries are regulated, so while they still run hot fresh off the charger it doesn't stay that way for long and the vape quality doesn't decrease until the battery needs to be recharged. They are also "sealed", with the hole in the center post being made smaller and relocated. This helps protect the battery from damage by the liquid, but it can still happen. This also contributes to a tighter draw.

Sorry if this is just a big wall of text right now. I like to get as much info out there as possible. ;)

Good luck!

PickyJuicer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
Buffalo, NY
I started on V2s and used them for a year. The batteries are awesome when fully charged, but as you drain the juice, the performance greatly suffers... I had several chargers going at one time and would only use my battery for an hour before putting it on the charger and grabbing a freshly charged one.

I have a whole bunch of mods and egos and all kinds of stuff in my collection now, but I still wanted a "cigalike". I went with the Smoov line and loved it so much that I ended up with three... I use them mainly at work when I need to sneak off for a restroom break :) They slide nicely into pockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread