what would you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyWV84

Feb 4, 2015
West Virginia
Hello, pretty new to using a vaporizer. I have a Halo Triton and been using it about 3 weeks. The only reason I went with it is because the simplicity of the setup. I would like to find something similar, not shipping from China, and long battery life. Halo parts seem like they are more expensive than other brands. I looked at Kanger and the prices are waaay better, but it is not American made and would take forever to ship to West Virginia. Anyways, I prefer a good vape cloud and keeping it simple. So much info on this site, I figured I would just ask on a thread. Thanks very much for any help!

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
For noobs I "recommend" not going watt crazy. Learn how to vape first.

I do agree with this though the ego one kit Bully speaks of is easy to work with, has excellent performance and other than the cost for replacement coils is reasonably priced. Other than airflow there is nothing to play with on it. It just works.

My new go to recommendation for new vapers.

Oh, and welcome aboard Bobby, congrats and cheers to you!

Last edited:

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
I agree that an iStick 30W and Nautilus Mini are a great setup (I use mine with Halo Torque56 all the time), but neither is made in the USA. I'm not aware of any clearomizer on the market that is American made, but you can find American-made rebuildable atomizers. You'll pay a lot for those up front, but rebuilding is cheap.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Most of the vaping gear/hardware that we use comes from China. Some manufacturers have better products and quality control than others. Avoid the generic, no-brand-name stuff like the plague.

The MVP or iStick are great battery devices, and I've heard mostly good things about the mini Nautilus delivery devices. Good luck.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
You have some great suggestions but I just wanted to
RA-YellowroseMouse207-welcome.gif
you to ecf. Easy to see why it is a wonderful place to be. Good luck to you and I look forward to seeing what you get. Make yourself at home and . . . enjoy.

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
The ipv mini v2 can be found around $60 and is the best bang for the buck out there. Probably too many watts for someone new, but think of it this way, you'll have lots of overhead to advance in vaping as you progress. Take it from someone who has bought too many devices along the way instead of just cutting to the chase.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
About Halo Triton. The Triton battery has 808/ego threading. Most devices have 510/ego threading.

The Triton tank is very almost identical to a Kanger T2 except it will only work on the Halo 808/ego threading. However, a Kanger T2 will also work on a Triton tamk. It will leave a very small gap (like 1/4") but it will work just fine.

Both the Triton tank and the T2 use the exact same replacement heads. Below are some cheaper tanks and heads.

Authentic Kanger T21.7-1.9ohm Clearomizer @ VapingME.com

Kanger T2 Sunfire 70mm Long Wick Replacement Atomizer Coils 5-Pack - VapingME.com

Also, Smokeless Image uses the same treading and they have some other devices that will fit the Halo batteries.

Vadi

Feb 5, 2015
I started with Volt x2 (similar to Triton). I then moved on to a Kanger Evod2 kit. It was better, but I've upgraded since. When I first started researching, the most common advice was buy a good setup because if you don't you'll wind up upgrading shortly after anyway. I should of listened LOL.

For a battery, I like the MVP20watt from Innokin. It's built like a tank and has variable voltage/wattage. There is a new 30watt out, but they're double the price.

VaporBeast /com has the MVP20watt for 30 dollars shipped. Use code TENTASIC to get it for that price.

For a tank, I would go for the subtank mini from Kanger. It can use the bottom dual coils, the new organic cotton coils, and it comes with a base that allows you to build you own coils if you would like in the future. I like future proofing.

VapeSuperSaver /com has them for $32.99 shipped.No code. If you want more than one it looks like they are cheaper if you buy more than 1.

Both those sites are in the US and ship quickly. Sorry for the links, I'm new.

If you wanted to stick with Kanger brand, they have a 40 watt box mod coming soon, but I can't suggest it yet since I haven't seen any reviews yet.

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
Thanks. I have no problem with it coming from China. I didn't know most if not all were made there, I just didn't want to wait weeks for it to ship like on Amazon. Which is my only experience with buying anything that ships from there. But I see now that most do ship from a seller in the USA. My bad! Thank you

Bobby, while there's something to be said for "Made in THE USA", most of the goodies we use are made in china.
The Chinese invented ecigs. Really.

Hazy :2cool:

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
My daughter and I use Kanger Evods. I have ordered Kanger products from Sweet-Vapes, Mt. Baker Vapor and Sun Vapers, and trust them to supply genuine Kanger products, including coils. All have a decent selection of Kanger products, reasonable pricing and shipping charges, good customer service, and good turnaround time on orders.

You are probably going to want to get a glass clearomiser at some point in time. The Kanger Protank 2 Mini is a good one to consider.

Enjoy!

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
So OP, how confused are you now? LOL Everyone has a favorite go to device. Watch the reviews and try to plan for the future if you can. I swore, when I started I would never use anything bigger than My halo G6. Fast forward six months, I've learned to build on a Plume Veil and I've got a Lemo on the way. Let's not forget the Atlantis and Segelei 100W box picked up along the way. It can be a slippery slope, but it's better than smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread