Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
All very good suggestions here. Since you said you're not worried about size, you might consider the GoGo as well (DiscountVapers - Your source for savings on electronic cigarettes and accessories, Go-go eGo, vGo). These are great kits that come w/2 batteries and a pack of cartomizers (much easier than an atomizer/cartridge set up IMO), and pack great power and flavor for a basic kit! The batteries are 1300 mah, which means you'll get, on average, 13 hours, but they last me about a day or so, as do the 3ml cartos. Some people shy away because they are not 510 size (very common battery thread size), but there's a cheap adapter available, which I got, and have had no problems getting anything to work with it. All the fave cartos work fine, but the GoGos are still the best, and still the ones I go back to.

See these threads as well for more info:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...tvapers-com-thread-formerly-go-gousa-com.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...3-go-go-specific-thread-all-things-go-go.html

I love my Go-go. I've recently gotten a Provari (variable voltage, expensive, yada yada), but the Go-go was my main PV before I got it. I've got no complaints about it at all. It's low maintenance, fill and go. It's not recommended often on the newbie boards because the cartos have proprietary threads, but Eric at Discount Vapers has a variety of adapters that get you around that issue, so you can try out 510 and 808 cartos, atomizers, tanks, etc... The go-go cartos are really nice cartos, and I even sometimes run them now on my Provari with a 510 to go-go adapter.

Coil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2011
SO. CAL
Good choice! I can pretty much assure you that you will be in heaven fighting any cig "analog" cravings with the Ego compared to a 7-11 e-cig. Hope this works out well for ya!

EDIT*
Having_been_vaping_for_only_3_weeks...I_say_get_an_eGo.

It_is_a_great_starter...one_that_I_will_be_giving_to_the_wife_in_favor_of_a_custom_mod(I_like_gadgets).

(spacebar_broken....sorry_for_the________).

BEST_POST_I'VE_SEEN_IN_A_LONG_TIME! :laugh:

Last edited:

jacquelyn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
California
I think I'm gonna take the advice and get the Joye Ego starter kit, 10 replacement cartridges and 4 30ml bottles of liquid for now. Everybody on this board is really helpful

I would start with more smaller bottles. Sample them first they sell sample e-liquids. SO once you like a juice then purchase 30 ml. You wouldn't want to be stuck with juice you don't like... Also please read up on steeping liquids. Some taste better with age.

TheSneakerHoarder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
DFW
Good choice! I can pretty much assure you that you will be in heaven fighting any cig "analog" cravings with the Ego compared to a 7-11 e-cig. Hope this works out well for ya!

EDIT*

BEST_POST_I'VE_SEEN_IN_A_LONG_TIME! :laugh:

Sadly...Dead_serious

Crappy_macbooks_and_their_inferior_hardware.:unsure:

Oh... This is going to be ordered on Friday. I might as well use up all the Xhale02 cartridges I have left. Freedom Smokes has a really good deal on ecig liquid I noticed.

But what I think I'm going to get is the Ego-T starter kit, an extra set of 5 cartomizers (blank) and 250 ml of the camel liquid.

Last edited:

Coil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2011
SO. CAL
Oh... This is going to be ordered on Friday. I might as well use up all the Xhale02 cartridges I have left. Freedom Smokes has a really good deal on ecig liquid I noticed.

But what I think I'm going to get is the Ego-T starter kit, an extra set of 5 cartomizers (blank) and 250 ml of the camel liquid.

WHOA! Did I read that correctly? 250ml's of 1 kind of liquid? If so that's pretty risky lol. I'd just hate to know I never tried talking someone out of spending a good chunk on just one juice. Have fun with vaping. Try new stuff and get small bottles to really see what you like. :)

6 months ago all I wanted was straight up tobacco juice. I smoked Camel Filters for 11 years. Nothin else! I got sick of tobacco e juice after a bit and now I even like menthol vapes!?!?! I dunno how that came about but your taste buds will change. Now I vape a bit of everything. Every day is a new day kinda thing. You have the freedom to vape all kinds of flavors now =) Not just Death Stick. Just my :2c:

Sorry if I seem all Gung Ho about it. Just trying to save you from puttin too many eggs in one basket right away.;) Who know's maybe you'll love it?

Last edited:
That's actually good advice. Maybe I shouldn't be so hasty. I usually buy everything else in bulk, so it's kind of hard for me to change channels with my thinking.

So, does anyone here own the ego-T? When I place my order, I was wondering how many extra blank cartomizers I should order or whatever. I'm just looking forward to being rid of the Xhale02 I'm currently using.

On a personal note, I just have to say that I love vaping :D It's like having all the pros of the nicotine without the cons. Smoking was tearing my lungs up, and after only 4 days or so my smoker's cough is almost completely gone. I even tried chewing very briefly (yuck), but this is a great system. I just wish they were sold more commonly in traditional retail outlets like Walmart, etc.

kiggas

Dec 15, 2011
New York
hey, are you talking about the apollo ecigs that look like actual cigarettes?
DO NOT buy the cigarette imitation ecigs that are sold from ANY vendor. They are peices of CRAP and they usually dont suffice for any evaper. I am telling you this from experience, I bought 3 different ecigs that mimicked cigarettes and they all had me smoking the same amount of real cigs because they are inferior in EVERY way to other ecigs. I had the safecig, the apollo and the bloog maxxfusion. The apollo was actually the worst one of the bunch. It is made with the worst quality and the black "paint" on the ecig will actually start to chip off over time even without you scratching it. It also has the weakest battery life and holds the least amount of liquid in a carto. The cartos lifespan is also bad. If you REALLY want an ecig that mimicks a cigarette you should buy the bloog maxxfusion. Their cartos actually last longer and they have a PCC, a personal charging case which holds your ecig and cartos and charges them without the need of a charger. They also offer blank cartomizers which I suggest you buy since their juices arent amazing. But im telling you, DONT buy the apollo, and if you have, send it back for a refund because that ecig is pure crap. Even my safecig was better than the apollo. The only good thing I have to say about apollo is their juices isnt that bad, but ANY juice you buy from ANY vendor tops prefilled cartos without a doubt. The ecigs that you should consider are the bigger ones. They are known as mods, preferably a variable voltage device is best for you. And also, do not buy one hundred dollars worth of cartomizers and juices. Chances are, you will not finish them by the time you get through half of it. And let you also tell you, cartomizers and juices go bad after a period of time. Yes, cartomizers DO go bad. I know this from experience as well. Ive had a carto pack of five that worked GREAT for a month. Then I bought something else and came back to it 4 months later...and the cartos actually expired. I dont know how this works, but it happens. The juices themselves also go bad for obvious reasons. No matter what anyone tells you, steeping is not everyones preference. And steeping is when you purposely let a juice sit there and wait for it to get older. From my exp, the juices that have been in my care for over 2 months have expired and they taste like crap. They actually TASTE bad. And the colors become ALOT darker.
If you really have to buy a cig imitation device, go with the bloog. However, let me tell you that you WILL get over the need for having a cig imitation device, they also will not suffice after a month. They are inferior in everyway possible.
since your looking to spend 200 max, you should look at other devices that run around 100 that are far superior.
the glv2 supermini or the regular 5volt glv2 is good.
but if you want to step it up and buy one of the BEST ecigs in the market thus far..the Provari variable voltage is probably one of the best ones.

kiggas

Dec 15, 2011
New York
it lets you switch between 3.2 to 6 volts, in .1 increments and let me tell you, EVERY cigarette imitation device, at max, reaches 3.5 volts. And thats at MAX battery. you can double your voltage power if you choose to with the vari. Not only that, you have many safety features and a great amount of care put into it. Look it up at provape.com
it is however, pretty expensive.
with the vari alone, its 160.
with the batteries, a charger, the battery extension cap and a pack of 3ohm cartos itll run you almost 230.
its gonna be my 5th ecig and itll be my last im sure.
since its been out for sooo long and no other ecig has topped it.
in my opinion at least. anyone beg to differ?
the vari stands a great chance with the best ecigs out there, ecigs that are actually ALOT more money.
but whatever you do, DO NOT buy the apollo ecig.
bloog maxxfusion. or provari.
maybe even an ego mod would work.
like the kgo or e power or ego-t. leo and etc. there are more than 12 ego types that I can name if I have time.
they are all ego types. you will learn that egos are one of the most re-branded type of ecigs in the market.
stumps me as to why..

Coil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2011
SO. CAL
That's actually good advice. Maybe I shouldn't be so hasty. I usually buy everything else in bulk, so it's kind of hard for me to change channels with my thinking.

So, does anyone here own the ego-T? When I place my order, I was wondering how many extra blank cartomizers I should order or whatever. I'm just looking forward to being rid of the Xhale02 I'm currently using.

On a personal note, I just have to say that I love vaping :D It's like having all the pros of the nicotine without the cons. Smoking was tearing my lungs up, and after only 4 days or so my smoker's cough is almost completely gone. I even tried chewing very briefly (yuck), but this is a great system. I just wish they were sold more commonly in traditional retail outlets

like Walmart, etc.

Good stuff. Just keep asking questions, using the search bar on the forums etc. I'll see if I can find you a link in the forums for more info on Ego T's.

I personally never got into the "T" deal with the Ego's. It seemed like a hassle to me. Some people swear by them but I just stick with Low Res. atomizers: 510's and 306's. I drip right on to the atomizer using a drip tip if I'm using an Ego or Riva and get nothing but clouds of vapor and amazing flavor everytime. I never looked at taking 2-3 drops of juice every 8-10 hits or "draws" as much of a hassle. It's really no different then how many times you flick a analog in 3-5 minutes lol.

Hopefully someone will get in here who can walk you through the T version correctly.

Last edited:

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
I've heard the T's are PITA, but then I haven't really sought info on them either, so it was probably one-sided. Definitely order extra cartos though, and definitely buy small bottles of different kinds of juice. If you don't like that Camel-style one, you'll have wasted money on the 250ml bottle, and then don't have something else to try that you might like. And like was mentioned above, your taste buds will change - they are re-born, if you will - so what you like now will probably change as well. Or not. YMMV. :) Good luck on your journey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread