Which ProVari or Mod should I purchase today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anurak

May 28, 2013
Katy, TX
So if you've read my recent post on the SB + the kick then you know my vaping experience so far isn't any better than it was when I started using Ego's. That's a different story I won't tell right now. lol. As for the SB + the kick, I'm waiting on Altsmoke to help me resolve the issue. The SB + kick definitely gave me the vaping experience I was looking for until it flat out faulted and broke after 1 week of normal use! Reason still to be determined? Plus customer service and warranty still to be determined? I have no idea how long it's going to take to get my SB + kick back up and vaping?

Now I have no other backups to vape with. I threw out the crappy Ego kit I bought about a year or so ago since it never gave me the vaping experiance needed to actually quit smoking. It was more like a tease if anything that had me back smoking in hours of using it. Basically it wasn't sufficient enough for me to quit. The SB + kick worked very well while it worked! I was able to quit for a whole week without much difficulty. It was great!!! But now it doesn't work and I'm literally SOL!

So if you were me what mod would you get as a primary so that I could use the SB + kick as a backup once it gets fixed? I'm determined to quit smoking and want to buy the best mod without having serious problems. Money isn't too big of a deal as long as I'm getting what I pay for. Hell I would have bought 2 SB + kicks if the thing proved it's worth. It almost did prove itself to me after 3 days of use. I was really satisfied with it and already wanted another one. Now I'm not so sure and will wait several months of testing any mod before buying another. Either way 2 different units is more appealing to me now since I've been reading about the Provari. The ProVari Variable voltage V2 is what I've been thinking about ordering today. From reading the raving reviews on this forum it doesn't sound like a bad decision. What would you get if you were in my situation. I need something flawless to quit! The backup idea is nice but I want something I'd feel comfortable with not having a backup! Is there such a device?

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
I've had my first provari for almost 2 years I sent it in once for a v1 to v2 upgrade its very reliable. I myself didn't have a good experience with the kick when they worked they worked great but they both died and I was sick of sending them back they seems to have a high failure rate that nobody talks about. I also have a Sigelei Zmax V3 Telescopic I like it a lot for the price it's a great PV. I had a vamo but it died and it huge so I wouldn't personal go that route and the evic to me has a lot of useless menu features and the adjustment ring seems fragile on mine at least so I'm looking for that to give out one day soon.

Last edited:

Anurak

May 28, 2013
Katy, TX
LOL @ The SB is a dinosaur! Thanks man! I definitely feel better about the $85.00 purchase along with the $45.00 kick! lol. Please stop! Your making me want to package it up and send it back for a refund!!! Hahaha! Although I'm not sure if I can do that since they have a 14 day money back guarantee and it's been 17 days since I placed the order on 5/27 :( I seriously hope they fix it!

As for the next mod to purchase! I'm 99% sure the ProVari is where it's at! I just read the warranty on the Variable voltage 2.5's and it's a rock solid year with the option to purchase an additional year warranty for $25 bucks!!! I highly doubt the ProVari will cause me any problems if purchased. And if it does I know it's covered!!! I think this has helped make up my mind! Unless any of you have a better suggestion with as good of a warranty for less money?

Also I must apologize about my ranting on the forum all night. LOL! I'm just kinda ...... off because I'm sitting here with a pack of cigs stressing about my unusable mod!

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I would suggest a Provari Blem if there are any still available. I still cannot find the flaw and have bought three of them. I understand that the V2 and V2.5 are only cosmetic differences and outside of that the device is the same. A Blem is $140.00.

I don't think most people understand how nice a Provari is until they have one. I went though a bunch of stuff before I got to it and had a great many purchase regrets.

Anurak

May 28, 2013
Katy, TX
Yea I haven't seen any ProVarai Blem but they have a Satin Silver one on sale for about $160. I can't seem to find any vendors in the US who sell the Sigelei VMax V3. Says it's made in China but I haven't found a place to buy to look at the prices. I did notice they make a lot of other mods I heard some decent things about.

The 2 year warrenty for the ProVari still has me considering punching in my card numbers and getting it over with. I guess since I need to go to work now I'll think about it today before I order. I'll also give some time for others to share their input and do some more research. Plus I still need to deal with getting my SB + kick fixed. I'll just have to attempt to quit smoking again sometime next week! Lucky me! lol

Bman1959

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2013
Springfield, MO
My decision was the ProVari. Wanted a PV with a changeable battery, fast turn around for repair, and solid rep. Don't have a 2.0, but the design of the 2.5 provides a good none slip grip. Went with the 18490 battery and like how it fits in my hand. But am changing batteries out 2 to 3 times a day, chain vaping and working at 4.8 volts.
You still need a back up. Mine are the Joye eGo's that I started with and are now gathering dust.

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
Not all Chinese made mods are junk, as some would make you believe. My first mod was an E-Power 14650. I used it for over a year and it still works fine. It's my back-up rig for the Sigelei.
Yeah I know I didn't mean to imply that they where junk what I mean is that if it does happen to fail you are S.O.L. for support past the warranty the vendor is giving you

Last edited:

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Yeah I know I didn't mean to apply that they where junk what I mean is that if it does happen to fail you are S.O.L. for support past the warranty the vendor is giving you
I understand your point. But, you can replace the Sigelei for the same cost or less than repairing a Provari.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Any particular device may be vaping heaven for one person while it may be vaping hades for another. No one here can possibly know what might work best for you. There really isn't any such critter as a flawless vaping device—they all have their advantages and disadvantages.

My suggestion would be to use a VAMO as a bargain tutorial to learn what your own preferences would be in a more expensive PV rather than relying on someone else’s advice. Someone else’s vaping nirvana might be your vaping hades.

For price and the zillions of VAMOs that have been sold there are actually surprisingly few problems with them. The three button menu system is about as easy as a VW device with a screen gets.

You have to wait a week or two for it to arrive from Hong Kong but Fast Tech has VAMOs for a very reasonable price, Vamo-Vivi Stainless Steel Voltage Adjustable E-Cigarette Battery Compartment Set with Nitecore I2 US battery charger/charger cable/2*Panasonic CGR18650CH 18650 batteries. Unlike nearly all kits, this one includes an excellent battery and charger.

This issue with the battery rattling in this Phil Busardo VAMO review has already been fixed with a better spring that ships with the current VAMO.

The juice delivery system you use is where the rubber really meets the road and dripping with a decent atomizer is the standard by which you should judge other, more convenient devices. Avid’s SR510 Standard Resistance Atomizer 2.5 ohm (Cisco Spec) strikes a good balance between quality and price.

Then try a clearo like the Vivi Nova with a top coil, a Kanger Pro Tank or T3 with a bottom coil, a carto tank and, if you like tinkering, a rebuildable atomizer and dripping atomizer.

At that point you will have a much, much better idea of what higher dollar vaping toys would provide you with your personal vaping nirvana rather than trying to live your vaping life in someone else’s dream vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread